Back hoe: You won't believe your eyes.

mighta just been practicing a move that he does every once in a while Glasnost .

and I have been here a coupla years with about 10,670 posts under my belt . Mostly I stick to gun , politics , Trump , Islamic issues , immigration of all types . I just saw Bulldog mentioned and I always show up at threads where the Bulldog is wagging his tongue using his computer keyboard .
You must be the end of the world that I've heard so much about.

maybe , hope so , I like being noticed and talked about Glasnost .

It's not the wall holding, but the rear bucket laid across all that dirt. The weight was spread across a large area, not just the stone retaining wall.
I'm sure that's his strategy but eventually those behemoth wheels had to be resting on the wall and even rolling over the edge, putting a lot of strain on it, in an outward direction.

I see that no one asked why he wanted to put the thing into the stream in the first place and how he'll get it out again. The sensible answer would be that the opposite side of the bank is a pebble beach, but then why not drive over the nearest bridge and come in from that side instead?
True about the wheels going over the edge, but notice he used the backhoe to support his weight.

The wall doesn't worry me as much as the backhoe. Those things must be built super tough! Not just the steel but the hydraulics. If anything in the backhoe had broken, he'd probably do a somersault into the river.

It's not the wall holding, but the rear bucket laid across all that dirt. The weight was spread across a large area, not just the stone retaining wall.
I'm sure that's his strategy but eventually those behemoth wheels had to be resting on the wall and even rolling over the edge, putting a lot of strain on it, in an outward direction.

I see that no one asked why he wanted to put the thing into the stream in the first place and how he'll get it out again. The sensible answer would be that the opposite side of the bank is a pebble beach, but then why not drive over the nearest bridge and come in from that side instead?
True about the wheels going over the edge, but notice he used the backhoe to support his weight.

The wall doesn't worry me as much as the backhoe. Those things must be built super tough! Not just the steel but the hydraulics. If anything in the backhoe had broken, he'd probably do a somersault into the river.
I was thinking if the hoe starts to weaken (metal fatigue, hydraulics start slipping) he'll feel the change in control and stop. But if the wall gives way he hasn't got a chance to react before it's too late.

I was thinking if the hoe starts to weaken (metal fatigue, hydraulics start slipping) he'll feel the change in control and stop. But if the wall gives way he hasn't got a chance to react before it's too late.

You rarely get much warning when a malfunction happens. In that situation, even a small loss of power or control can be catastrophic. It was certainly impressive, and the operator has skills that most will probably never have, but it was still a dumb thing to do. Luck played as much of a part as his skills did,

It would depend on the failure in question. Due to much weight, I suspect a failure of the backhoe would be very quick.

Again, most of the weight of the backhoe was on the dirt being held by the retaining wall. Even when the wheels crossed the wall, the weight was spread across the back bucket and the backhoe itself.

Forum List

Back