Back hoe: You won't believe your eyes.

I used to do that same maneuver. The first time is nerve wracking, but you're still pretty sure you can pull it off. After a few more times, you realize you have just been very lucky.

I don't see the big deal , guy looked at a well built wall and took a chance or made a guess and it worked out . Whats the big deal , worst that could happen is that the wall might break or collapse and the backhoe is in a foot of water . If Bulldog could do it it is my opinion that ANYONE could do it Glasnost !!

Last edited:
I don't see the big deal , guy looked at a well built wall and took a chance or made a guess and it worked out . Whats the big deal , worst that could happen is that the wall might break and the backhoe is in a foot of water . If Bulldog could do it it is my opinion that ANYONE could do it Glasnost !!

The worst that could happen is the machine could have fallen over sideways, injuring or even killing the operator, destroying the machine and the wall. That would cost the contractor lots more than the expense of getting it down there some other way.

I s'pose that you are looking to get a call from Hollywood where you may star in a movies about backhoe pilots ehh Bulldog . Do you have any Medals Sur ??

so the guy did good , big deal Bulldog !!

No denying the guy's skills are better than most, and he probably isn't getting paid what he is worth. The only problem is when you get into risk/benefit assessment. No way his impressive maneuver could save them as much time or money as an unavoidable accident (wall collapse, broken hydraulic line, unevenly soft soil at ground level or in the ditch, etc. ) could have cost them. He was lucky that time.

Who's your friend, Bulldog? I don't think I've seen him before.

He's just another RWNJ that likes to troll. I don't even try to figure out which is which. Most are exactly the same and are dealt with exactly the same.

Western man used to build transcontinental railroads , BUILD CANALS , fly to the moon , explore thousands of feet under the sea and on the surface the seas and nowadays a guy operates a backhoe and next thing we will hear is that the backhoe operator is an illegal gay immigrant that is a hero ehh Bulldog .

Western man used to build transcontinental railroads , BUILD CANALS , fly to the moon , explore thousands of feet under the sea and on the surface the seas and nowadays a guy operates a backhoe and next thing we will hear is that the backhoe operator is an illegal gay immigrant that is a hero ehh Bulldog .
Who's your friend, Bulldog? I don't think I've seen him before.
------------------------------------------- hey Glasnost , good morning , hows it going , my screen name is Pismoe .

and I have been here a coupla years with about 10,670 posts under my belt . Mostly I stick to gun , politics , Trump , Islamic issues , immigration of all types . I just saw Bulldog mentioned and I always show up at threads where the Bulldog is wagging his tongue using his computer keyboard .

I have no idea if you have a point, so go ask Hannity for your next line, or try again after you have figured out what you want to say.

i'm simply saying that the backhoe operator took a chance and it worked out and his trick is no big deal , imo Bulldog .

It's not the wall holding, but the rear bucket laid across all that dirt. The weight was spread across a large area, not just the stone retaining wall.
I'm sure that's his strategy but eventually those behemoth wheels had to be resting on the wall and even rolling over the edge, putting a lot of strain on it, in an outward direction.

I see that no one asked why he wanted to put the thing into the stream in the first place and how he'll get it out again. The sensible answer would be that the opposite side of the bank is a pebble beach, but then why not drive over the nearest bridge and come in from that side instead?

Forum List

Back