Bachmanns Vetting Begins: The Dirt Surfaces---Earmarks, Farm Subsidies And Pardons.

Yeah.... your side doesn't do that at all, does it?

What a bunch of bullshit. You want the Democratic Party to lie down and just let the Conservatives be the bastions of Political Wrangling.

Both sides do it. One side tends to rely on facts more than another... Muslim, Kenyan, America-hater, anti-American... does any of that ring a bell? Or did we forget about all of that now that it's a new election cycle?

Bachmann's and Palin's words and actions are now a matter of public record and subject to scrutiny. Stop playing the "victim". Every politician makes their bed, and they all have to lie in it.

Again, I see you totally missed the point.

Yeah... but it's only when their candidates get legitimately scrutinized that they bitch. When the Right winger Media makes up bullshit stories about people being closet Communists, Kenyan Muslims, and all the rest of the crap that gets vomited from these scumbags... they all do a happy dance.
Ahh...so speculating that Trig Palin is Sarah's grandson fathered by her husband is legitimate scrutiny?

Ok... great... there's one. Hardly can call that equal, can we?
Your side sure does invest a lot of emotional energy into destroying Palin. You'll do the exact same thing to Bachmann. Not politically -- personally. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

And you won't see anything wrong with it.

Bachmann is in one week, the dirt starts surfacing. Palin has been putting up with this for 2 1/2 years. Still nothing. Bachmann is fixing to see the wrath of the liberal MSM and she will be looked at under a electron microscope. This is why Palin is going to come out shining because she has been vetted and has been vetted a second time and still, she has come out a winner. Romney has yet to be vetted like Palin. Same goes to Pawlenty but one thing is clear. There is something about a conservative woman that causes the media to go into search and destroy mode. Bachmann will be out of this race before you know it.

Michele Bachmann | Earmarks | Tea Party | The Daily Caller

Bachmann may also be plagued by her involvement in a controversial pardon. In 2007, Bachmann wrote a letter requesting a presidential pardon for a convicted drug-smuggler and money-launderer named Frank Vennes. Vennes was convicted of money laundering in 1988 and pleaded no contest to a cocaine and weapons charge. Making matters worse, he and his wife donated a total of $27,600 to Bachmann’s 2006 and 2008 election.

Bachmann’s penchant for earmarks dates back to her days in the Minnesota state Senate. Despite her reputation as a fiscal conservative, from 2001-2006, then-state Senator Bachmann proposed more than $60 million in earmarks, including a $710,000 “Bond For Centerville Local Improvements Around Highway 14″ and a $40,000,000 “Bond for Lino Lakes And Columbus Township Highway Interchanges.”

More In Link.

If that's all there is to the pardon story, that is certainly alarming. I don't like politicians that can have a position bought.

The earmarks are unfortunately the norm and don't mean squat. Although I wish the practice was banned.

I don't know a lot about her yet, but what I do know is admirable.
Gee, I remember during the 2010 election campaign and after the GOP gaining power "earmarks" were the scourge of the Earth. Now suddenly that Teabagger Moochele Bachmann is an earmarker, earmarks don't matter. Moochele Bachmann hates earmarks. Despises them. On her website, she calls the earmark system "little more than a political favor factory at taxpayer expense." But her earmarks, of course, are not earmarks because they are small earmarks, so she is not a hypocrite! :cuckoo:

Bachmann says she did take earmarks after all | Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

Just days after saying she had requested zero earmarks for her district, Rep. Michele Bachmann admitted to Fox News’ Brian Wilson that she had indeed requested millions in earmarks in 2008. But, she says, it’s not a big deal because her earmarks were less than the average earmarks for the rest of Minnesota’s congressional delegation.

As I stated "i don't know a lot about her" so your criticism of my post is misguided at best.
As to ear marks I've never taken a hardline position either way other than I wish they were banned. If every congressman was removed for earmarks we wouldn't have any representatives left. So its kind of a pointless debate in the big picture.

Yeah... but it's only when their candidates get legitimately scrutinized that they bitch. When the Right winger Media makes up bullshit stories about people being closet Communists, Kenyan Muslims, and all the rest of the crap that gets vomited from these scumbags... they all do a happy dance.
Ahh...so speculating that Trig Palin is Sarah's grandson fathered by her husband is legitimate scrutiny?

Who ever claimed it was?

Ok... great... there's one. Hardly can call that equal, can we?
Your side sure does invest a lot of emotional energy into destroying Palin. You'll do the exact same thing to Bachmann. Not politically -- personally. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

And you won't see anything wrong with it.

And 'accuse them of doing what you are doing'. Saul Alinski, Rules for Radicals.

Liberals aren't smart enough to understand the simplicity of this election.
Bachmann, Palenty and Santorum are all from the key region of the country. One of them wins the nomination and can pull Ohio and Pennsylvania, and the Republicans have The White House.
That simple.

How about Bachmann gets 'scrutinized' to the same degree that Barack Obama was in his run for the presidency?

Fair enough?

Sure...

But lets see how the media (and the left) react if it is found that she kicked off her first political campaign at the house of a man who was involved with a vilent anti government group.

Or lets see how the media reacts (and the left) if it is found that she belonged to a religious congregation that had some (not all) sermons that were filled with hate

Or lets see how the media (and the left) react if it is found that she had conducted her only business deal with a convected felon.

Sure...he was scrutinized by the right....for very valid concerns...but the media (and the left) did not care.

Lets see what is really important to the left as it pertains to the character of a candidate.

How about Bachmann gets 'scrutinized' to the same degree that Barack Obama was in his run for the presidency?

Fair enough?

Sure...

But lets see how the media (and the left) react if it is found that she kicked off her first political campaign at the house of a man who was involved with a vilent anti government group.

Or lets see how the media reacts (and the left) if it is found that she belonged to a religious congregation that had some (not all) sermons that were filled with hate

Or lets see how the media (and the left) react if it is found that she had conducted her only business deal with a convected felon.

Sure...he was scrutinized by the right....for very valid concerns...but the media (and the left) did not care.

Lets see what is really important to the left as it pertains to the character of a candidate.

So you're assuring us that the Right, because of its superior fair and balanced-ness, will 'care' about the dirt dug up on Michele Bachmann.

Fair enough?

Sure...

So you're assuring us that the Right, because of its superior fair and balanced-ness, will 'care' about the dirt dug up on Michele Bachmann.

I know I will.

But I dont disagree with your assumption.....most on the right will ignore thoise issues just as most on the left ignored them with Obama.
The only difference is ,I believe...and we shall see if I am right....that the media will dig deep into the issue with a GOP candidate where they really downplayed them with Mr. Obama.

Sure...

I know I will.

But I dont disagree with your assumption.....most on the right will ignore thoise issues just as most on the left ignored them with Obama.
The only difference is ,I believe...and we shall see if I am right....that the media will dig deep into the issue with a GOP candidate where they really downplayed them with Mr. Obama.

Is daveman full of shit for claiming that the media did zero 'scrutiny' of Obama during the 2008 campaign?

Fair enough?

You mean zero, at least by the media?

Show me ONE major news outlet that did no coverage of the Reverend Wright story.

They all REPORTED on the story.

They did not look deeper into it.

So you can fall back on that old..."they all covered the story"...

But that is all they did.

With GOP candidates...they investigate...and do whatever they can to make the story stink...even if it doesnt.

Fair enough?

Sure...

Probably the same way the Right reacted when it was shown that that was a GOP scripted lie!!!!

I know I will.

Is daveman full of shit for claiming that the media did zero 'scrutiny' of Obama during the 2008 campaign?

He is not FOS.

He is correct.

The MSM did not scrutinize...they simply reported the story.

You mean zero, at least by the media?

Show me ONE major news outlet that did no coverage of the Reverend Wright story.

They all REPORTED on the story.

They did not look deeper into it.

So you can fall back on that old..."they all covered the story"...

But that is all they did.

With GOP candidates...they investigate...and do whatever they can to make the story stink...even if it doesnt.

The Wright deal was headlines for a month.

Forum List

Back