Bachmann’s Husband Tied To ‘Pray Away The Gay Therapy’

All idiot right wingers listen up. Mr. and Mrs. Bachmann are the ones who have "gone after" people they have nothing to do with. No gay person has hurt them in any way. Michelle Bachmann's sister is gay and she is pissed.

Reparative therapy is known to add to depression and many of it's victims have contemplated suicide. Just like both Republican economic policies, this so called "therapy" is just another in the very long line of Republican failures.

I see no difference in principle in Bachmann's view that gays need the gay prayed out of them and Obama's view that gays are unworthy of marriage.

It's all digusting homophobia to me, but then again my brain hasn't been influenced by the horrible drug we call partisan politics.

Obama said gays were "unworthy" of marriage? I hadn't heard that. Do you have a link?

Obama tried to straddle the fence instead of growing a backbone. This is during the election.

The White House front-runner said in an interview with MTV he did not support same-sex weddings and believed "marriage is between a man and a woman".

But the Illinois senator reaffirmed his opposition to a proposition on the ballot in California that would change the state constitution to overturn a ruling that recently gave gay couples the right to marry.

"When you start playing around with constitutions just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America is about," the senator said.

"Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don't contract them," he added.

The Democratic presidential nominee voiced strong support for civil unions between same-sex couples "that provide legal rights to same-sex couples (so) that they can visit each other in the hospital if they get sick, (so) they can transfer property to each other. If they've got benefits, they can make sure those benefits apply to their partners."
Barack Obama: 'marriage is between a man and a woman' - Telegraph

And it still looks like Obama is on the fence. From July 6th, 2011
Another View: Obama

I couldn't find the word "unworthy". Care to try again?

I'm reminded of the mess I was subjected to when people tried to correct me from being left-handed to being right-handed. They finally gave up and soon learned that it just doesn't matter.

I'm reminded of the mess I was subjected to when people tried to correct me from being left-handed to being right-handed. They finally gave up and soon learned that it just doesn't matter.

It matters to the right wing.

If they can prove it's a "choice", they think that gives them an "out" from their nasty, disgusting bigotry.

If they can prove it's a "choice", they think that gives them an "out" from their nasty, disgusting bigotry.

Even if homosexuality is a choice, I don't see that it matters. Christianity is a choice. Smoking cigarettes is a choice. Wearing a swimsuit in winter or wearing a jacket in summer is a choice.

Isn't it nice to know that we may now pick on family memebers? Meech has a fat ass.

I disagree, children for the most part should be off limits (unless it's to show poor parenting like in Gore's case), but spouses, parents, siblings and cousins should not. What if Michelle Obama was a member of the New Black Panthers. I would like to know that. What if Obama's mama was a Marxist Revolutionary (which she probably was). I think that is newsworthy.

In this case, Bachmann's husband's clinic is using caveman tactics to solve a "problem!" That is newsworthy and it should have been outed. ....
I agree, it is newsworthy, just as Michelle Obama's infamous statement during the last election (since settled, IMO). Although, this wasn't a public statement. It is good to know that her husband's business is based, at least partly, in charlatan practices, I suppose. Maybe for the tabloid flavor of it.

.... I hope this sinks her. She is becoming scarer and scarer the more she campaigns!
I don't hope something about her husband sinks her just as I don't hope something about any candidate's spouse sinks that candidate. They are the candidate, not their spouses, and the candidate's views and practices should be the main consideration on which a voter will make a decision for or against that candidate. Just IMO.

A solid point. How much bandwidth was wasted on Michelle Obama's "proud to be an American for the first time" quote (which I think was a silly gaffe)?

Spouses are fair game and always have been. Lord, how many Hillary Clinton jokes was I subjected too when she was first lady?

For Bachman's presidential aspirations, I think the larger issue is her rather antiquated notion that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice (which most of the country doesn't agree with). Eventually, she is going to have to give definitive answers to that question.

For her husband, I simply find it more troubling that he could bill as a healthcare professional for therapy that is viewed as quackery by the professionals (psychologists and psychiatrists).

Then again, naturopaths and homeopaths get away with the same type of quackery too.

Though there is a fundamental difference: Medicaid won't reimburse naturopaths and homeopaths (or even chiropractors - which I find absurd). Mr. Bachman has found a way to bill the government for "treating" people with methods that are viewed as laughable by the professionals in the field.

That bothers me a great deal. The government shouldn't reimburse a "Homeopathic Doctor" to treat cancer with Sodium Bicarbonate (they don't) and they shouldn't reimburse Bachman for his unique brand of snake oil salesmanship either.

Last edited:

Even if homosexuality is a choice, I don't see that it matters. Christianity is a choice. Smoking cigarettes is a choice. Wearing a swimsuit in winter or wearing a jacket in summer is a choice.

It matters because if it's a choice, then there is no discrimination component to denying people equal rights/benefits.

If it's genetic, then there is.

Bachmann’s husband again tied to ‘pray away the gay therapy’ caught on video | Washington Blade - America's Leading Gay News Source

ABC News has picked up an undercover video from LGBT-activist Wayen Besen’s TruthWinsOut of a counselor recommending prayer to “treat” homosexuality last month at the counseling practice of Michele Bachmann’s husband Marcus Bachmann.

The Bachmanns have denied patients have been counseled in such ways, but the video and the growing chorus of former patients coming out claiming to have been “treated” in this manner for their homosexuality by the Bachmann clinic.

In response, the Human Rights Campaign—which has already endorsed President Barack Obama for re-election in 2012—has launched a petition demanding GOP Presidential candidates sign a pledge disavowing dangerous “ex-gay” therapy, which major American mental-health groups from the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association and more have denounced as extremely harmful to patients.
<more>

So ?

Bachmann’s husband again tied to ‘pray away the gay therapy’ caught on video | Washington Blade - America's Leading Gay News Source

ABC News has picked up an undercover video from LGBT-activist Wayen Besen’s TruthWinsOut of a counselor recommending prayer to “treat” homosexuality last month at the counseling practice of Michele Bachmann’s husband Marcus Bachmann.

The Bachmanns have denied patients have been counseled in such ways, but the video and the growing chorus of former patients coming out claiming to have been “treated” in this manner for their homosexuality by the Bachmann clinic.

In response, the Human Rights Campaign—which has already endorsed President Barack Obama for re-election in 2012—has launched a petition demanding GOP Presidential candidates sign a pledge disavowing dangerous “ex-gay” therapy, which major American mental-health groups from the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association and more have denounced as extremely harmful to patients.
<more>

So ?

He's billing medicaid for bunk therapy sessions and practicing psychiatric medicine without a license.

Other than that, no big deal at all.

Anyone whose listened to him speak understands why all 23 foster children are girls. They have nothing to worry about, at least not from him.

That IS strange, isn't it? They had 23 foster kids, and there wasn't one boy in the lot.

good grief..:cuckoo:

If it was just 3 girls, it wouldn't seem strange. By the time it gets to 10 girls, without any boys, it's an oddity. But it's not as if the Bachmanns didn't have a choice, as if the only place to get foster kids was from an all girl orphanage. By the time the number of foster kids (all girls with not one boy) gets over twenty, it IS strange, pure and simple. Then when you hear about Bachmann's reparative "therapy," it's the first time there seems to be a rationale to it.

Considering the number of closeted conservatives who have been outed in recent years (especially the ones who have some kind of vocal and public anti-gay pronouncements), it's not as if that kind of revelation would be an unprecedented event.

That IS strange, isn't it? They had 23 foster kids, and there wasn't one boy in the lot.

good grief..:cuckoo:

If it was just 3 girls, it wouldn't seem strange. By the time it gets to 10 girls, without any boys, it's an oddity. But it's not as if the Bachmanns didn't have a choice, as if the only place to get foster kids was from an all girl orphanage. By the time the number of foster kids (all girls with not one boy) gets over twenty, it IS strange, pure and simple. Then when you hear about Bachmann's reparative "therapy," it's the first time there seems to be a rationale to it.

Considering the number of closeted conservatives who have been outed in recent years (especially the ones who have some kind of vocal and public anti-gay pronouncements), it's not as if that kind of revelation would be an unprecedented event.

what business is of yours if they adopt girls or boys?
And you people ever think that some people don't care to share their sexual preference with the whole world? we know that doesn't seem to bother Liberals and some homosexuals.

It matters because if it's a choice, then there is no discrimination component to denying people equal rights/benefits.

Per case law it makes no difference how one ‘becomes gay,’ by nature or by choice – the right to choose is constitutionally protected and discriminating against homosexuals for making this choice is prohibited:

It suffices for us to acknowledge that adults may choose to enter upon this relationship in the confines of their homes and their own private lives and still retain their dignity as free persons. When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.

Persons in a homosexual relationship may seek autonomy for these purposes, just as heterosexual persons do.

Lawrence v Texas (2003)

<more>

So ?

He's billing medicaid for bunk therapy sessions and practicing psychiatric medicine without a license.

No none at all. Considering shrinks bill medicare $125.00 an hour to have patents draw pictures, and other stupidity. Not a big deal at all. Wonder if the Doctors visit that folks use to get medical MJ gets billed to medi care ?

Per case law it makes no difference how one ‘becomes gay,’ by nature or by choice – the right to choose is constitutionally protected and discriminating against homosexuals for making this choice is prohibited:

It suffices for us to acknowledge that adults may choose to enter upon this relationship in the confines of their homes and their own private lives and still retain their dignity as free persons. When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.

Persons in a homosexual relationship may seek autonomy for these purposes, just as heterosexual persons do.

Lawrence v Texas (2003)

Interesting. Thanks. I was speaking more "socially acceptable" to as opposed to "legally acceptable" though.

No none at all. Considering shrinks bill medicare $125.00 an hour to have patents draw pictures, and other stupidity. Not a big deal at all. Wonder if the Doctors visit that folks use to get medical MJ gets billed to medi care ?

How psychiatrists treat their patient's is their prerogative and they adhere to methods that work, even if they seem strange to someone who doesn't suffer from a mental disorder.

More importantly, they are treating conditions that are recognized as being pathologic by the DSM IV.

Homosexuality is not considered a disorder that needs to be treated. Quite the opposite. Before you make the oh-so-predictable retort: at one time it was. That was changed over 40 years ago, long before Bachmann was in "practice".

He could have easily branded himself a minister and not bilked medicaid for his bullshit treatments and tried to "pray away the gay" and it would have been fine.

Why did he not do that? That's the questoin du joir, but I suspect it the answer is $.

Dont know what DSM IV is, this quack was treating a drunk. I dont give a shit what was acceptable 40 years ago I could give a fuck less what an adult man or Woman do in there bedroom as long as its between consenting adults. And Money you say ? I say duh, they are all in it for money. but if he broke the law or something, why is it not all over the news ? I google the guy and get nothing.

Forum List

Back