Bachmann’s Husband Tied To ‘Pray Away The Gay Therapy’

Still can't answer my question.

Again, who do you want to ban this therapy?

Answer it and stop deflecting with utter crap, or just admit that your authoritarian bent wants the government to ban this. Otherwise, those who DO know what therapy is - mental health counselors - have yet to ban it. Leave those who know about the profession and the topic matter of that profession to figure it out. Not authoritarian idiots like you and politicians.

And, moron, Bachmann is not a physician.

Freaking idiot - you can't even answer a simple question about what you want. I guess you just want to bitch.

You are very slow.
Never said he was a physician dumb ass.
Clearly stated he is a licensed therapist.
Government licenses and denies licenses to therapists.

Actually, the board of that profession, consisting of persons who actually are in that profession, are the ones who define the terms of licensing and control the licensing.

Idiot.

When the professional organizations - who actually KNOW what they are taking about with respect to the profession - make such a recommendation to 'ban' this, it will happen. Unfortunately for the authoritarians in the thread, they aren't getting what they want.

You have a problem with it? Write to the board and tell them. If they think your argument has any merit as it pertains to the practice of their profession, then they may consider what you say.

I don't fancy myself any sort of expert on this topic, so I am secure in my position that it will be 'banned' whenever it should be 'banned'. Not because a bunch of hysterical whiners want it 'banned'.

Professional organizations have no say on government boards.
They are in the private sector.

I am licensed by a board here in Georgia, for 30 years.
Laws passed by the legislatures and in the state code defines the licensing and controls the licensing.
All the boards do is implement the law and act over the administration: collect fees, go over applications, etc., maybe fine someone, put folks on probationary period, etc.
They do not define a damn thing.

Last edited:
Why should this therapy be banned? It has been proven to not be effective.

I'd be more interested in finding out the psychological side effects of going through it.

But..........what else do you expect from Bible thumpers? They believe it's a choice, not how the brain is hard wired.

This is how rumors get going.

Marcus Bachmann is seen on his knees in front of some gay guys, and the next thing you know,

people are accusing him of trying to pray away the gay.

I dont like the "gay conversion therapy" and I'm positive if you asked most people who support it, if attempting to do a similar therapy to make someone gay was harmful, they'd have no qualms saying yes.

However, I prefer to leave medical professionals to determine such things.

Forum List

Back