Bachmann VS. Paul On Iran - Fox Iowa Debate...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Interesting battle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW9-RRRD14I]Ron Paul vs. Michelle Bachmann on Iran Fox Iowa Debate 12-15-11 - YouTube[/ame]

LOL.....who cares? All they are doing is taking talk time away from candidates who actually "have a chance" of getting the nomination. I guess if you want to watch political debates for comic relief...that is your perogative.

Ron Paul: Pissing the Military Industrial Complex off everyday. Probably why he can't win,but i sure do respect the man for his honesty & courage.

Ron Paul: Kicking Military Industrial Complex ass 24/7. It's dangerous but the man has to be honest. It's his nature. Gotta love the guy.

I am definitely NOT a "paulie" like many of the others posting. I take issue with his views on foreign policy (concerning diplomacy and humanitarian efforts) as well as his notion that ALL regulation should be removed because most regulation has arisen to protect the liberties he says he wants to protect. Removing them does not make me think that liberties will miraculously improve. I do agree that our regulation should be more efficient and transparent. That all said....

Dr. Paul metaphorically kicked Michelle right in the teeth. (See "I fought when there was a REAL WAR" and "All your doing is fear-mongering"). Game, set, match! It should have been stopped early on for 'no-contest' it was really that bad. Then her rebuttal was all soft spoken and had something to do with peace, it was humorously pathetic. She should look up the definition of 'fact' and 'opinion' before the next debate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yLQRF-cEU&ob=av2e]Darryl Worley - Have You Forgotten? - YouTube[/ame]

Why do we bomb so many countries? Will the bombings ever end? Doesn't look like it.

I hate country.:evil:

3,000 civilians dead doesn't justify over 4,000 soldiers dead. I will not sit by and watch my country become some bomb happy aggressor that will level a country just because they said they don't like us. And if neo-cons are too damn stupid to realize that Iran is saber rattling, then there's no way in hell I want those same morons as Commander in Chief.

I remember what it was like on 9/11...but that's no excuse for us to engage in unjustified wars. 3,000 people died in 9/11, that's not enough justification to take away our liberties, or to live in fear. Over the past 10 tens less than 1 person has died on the mainland from an Islamic terrorist attack per day. The irony of course is if we change our positions or our beliefs due to a terrorist attack (aka-out of fear of another attack)-then they've ultimately accomplished what their goal was.

The thing is that Paul manages to take a reasonable proposition- that there really isn't all that much we can do to stop Iran from getting a nuke and it isn't a big deal if they have one- and makes it sound crazy.

There is an argument to be made that the US can't be the world's policeman anymore when we are running up debts of 1.5 trillion a year, and that we should step back and let others step up. We spend more on our military than the rest of the world combined and the next 10 biggest spenders are our allies.

Unfortunately, Paul makes it sound like he's expecting Black Helicopters to fly over your house to track the microchip in your butt.

Forum List

Back