Bachmann skipped family reunion she cited

Politico seems to have shut down that article that Synth provided. Now I'm wondering if it's true, or was just a bogus article.

Bachmann skipped family reunion she cited - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Navigate: POLITICO Ben Smith Bachmann skipped family reunion she cited Main Content
Bachmann skipped family reunion she cited - Ben Smith: Bachmann skipped family reunion she citedAugust 15, 2011
On her victory lap of Iowa yesterday, Straw Poll winner Rep. Michele Bachmann paid repeated tribute to her local roots, and repeatedly mentioned her family reunion that day, citing it as an excuse for her late arrival at a local party event in Waterloo.

But Bachmann's mother and two cousins told POLITICO's Emily Schultheis that Bachmann didn't attend the reunion, though her husband and children did. Her spokeswoman, Alice Stewart, didn't respond to two emails asking for an explanation of the disparity.

Bachmann told Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday” that same morning that she was looking forward to the reunion.

“We’re having a big family reunion today in northeastern Iowa so I’ll get to go and see all my relatives,” she said.

That evening, she answered a reporter's question about why she'd turned up late to the Black Hawk County Republican Party dinner in Waterloo.

It was, she said, "a busy day.

“We had a big family reunion just north of Waterloo," she said. She also said she'd visited a local "shut-in."

The annual Amble family reunion was in Lake Mills, Iowa, on the Minnesota border. Bachmann's mother, Jean Amble, said she hadn’t expected her daughter to attend the reunion, given her busy schedule for the day.

Bachmann remains close to her family. She “usually attends” the event, her cousin Shirly Movick said. Movick said she and several other family members went to Ames to support Bachmann at the straw poll on Saturday, and saw her there.

It appears that the OP didn't tell the 'rest of the story'....
Funny that...Bachmann's family, ya' know, part of the reunion group, joined Michel in Iowa...also appears that they visited shut-in relatives. Sounds like a fn reunion to me, regardless of where it traditionally takes place.

That's because we are not allowed to post whole articles. :lol:

There is no evidence that Bachmann went to see "shut-ins". Perhaps you can provide a link? :eusa_whistle:

Bachmann skipped family reunion she cited

On her victory lap of Iowa yesterday, Straw Poll winner Rep. Michele Bachmann paid repeated tribute to her local roots, and repeatedly mentioned her family reunion that day, citing it as an excuse for her late arrival at a local party event in Waterloo.

But Bachmann's mother and two cousins told POLITICO's Emily Schultheis that Bachmann didn't attend the reunion, though her husband and children did. Her spokeswoman, Alice Stewart, didn't respond to two emails asking for an explanation of the disparity.

Bachmann told Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday” that same morning that she was looking forward to the reunion.

“We’re having a big family reunion today in northeastern Iowa so I’ll get to go and see all my relatives,” she said.

That evening, she answered a reporter's question about why she'd turned up late to the Black Hawk County Republican Party dinner in Waterloo.
It was, she said, "a busy day.

“We had a big family reunion just north of Waterloo," she said. She also said she'd visited a local "shut-in."

wow...

This is worthy of a post by you....

But Harry Reid not being anywhere to be seen during the debt ceiling issue....that isnt news to you.

The woman lied people.

I wonder if she had a debilitating headache?

Read the fucking article you lame brained asshole.

It is pathetic how easliy you are fooled....you have no interest in validating information....

ZOMG...a RepubliCON who lies...stop the presses!!!

As sure as they are RepubliCON$...they are lying.

Nothing to see here folks.

No, you are indeed an idiot - precisely why you will not go on ignore.

What part of "I don't put idiots on ignore" are you unable to comprehend?

Perhaps this comment you could not comprehend at all!
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-family-reunion-she-cited-2.html#post4009227

Second attempt: Please define 'ilk'. Whatever 'ilk' may be...

You can look up ilk on dictionary.com

Gee, I wonder whose sock puppet you are...

I wonder if anyone wonders the same thing about you... :eusa_whistle:

Perhaps this comment you could not comprehend at all!
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-family-reunion-she-cited-2.html#post4009227

Second attempt: Please define 'ilk'. Whatever 'ilk' may be...

You can look up ilk on dictionary.com

Gee, I wonder whose sock puppet you are...

I wonder if anyone wonders the same thing about you... :eusa_whistle:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/180729-mebelle60-i-do-apologize.html

Forum List

Back