Bachmann: Senate Tax Bill Unconstitutional...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibocalypseNow, Dec 16, 2010.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
  2. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I like Bachmann. She makes some very valid points. Good to see a politician who actually still cares about our Constitution.

3. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,986
    Article 1 Section 7 states "All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills."

If Bachmann feels the Constitution is being violated then she should bring a legal challenge if the bill gets passed.

4. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Interesting. Would she take it that far? Hmm?

5. QUENTIN

QUENTIN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Bachmann supports teaching religious doctrine in public schools and opposes equal protection under the law for same-sex couples as well as opposing the right to due process and trial by jury for the hundreds of people detained by the government based on suspicion of terrorism. In other words she has little actual concern for or perhaps even understanding of the Constitution.

She may have a valid point here and good for her I suppose, but posing as though she's against any bills or laws that are unconstitutional is just that: posing.

6. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Hey i just think it's refreshing to see a politician who still actually discusses the Constitution. I'll take what i can get at this point.

7. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,365
    well well, you mean to tell us the Democrats-Progressives-Commies tried to pull a fast one on the American people.

tsk tsk

8. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    They've made a habit out of doing things like this. So i'm not surprised. The Democrats have truly earned their all-tme low 13% Approval Rating.

9. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

Due process for non-citizen enemies of the state? Where is that guarentee in the Constitution? Is it also a Constitutional Guarentee that people that have never been to the USA and have no interest in ever coming to the USA who are in a legal process in a different country working under the laws of a different country and with the legal system of that country that they be accorded due process in the courts of the USA?

If that's the case, we have some invading to do.

Can you provide links to the actual quotes that say EXACTLY what you claim she has said?

10. Common Sense

Common Sense BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    i believe it came down to a moral and human rights issue. many of our allies across the world were condemning the fact that we werent affording these people a trial or any legal rights. now whether you agree with that or not is definitely open to debate.

but America has alway be one to try and take the high road, and after many of the bush policies (ie water boarding, invading iraq), that alienated us from many of our international allies, Obama wanted to make a change and bring many of them back to the table.

its one of those, we shouldnt stoop to their level kinda things.