Bachmann remains clueless

Wrong again, at least you’re consistent. Medicaid eligibility stops at age 21, 18 in most states.

https://www.cms.gov/MedicaidEligibility/02_AreYouEligible_.asp#TopOfPage

Thankfully, under Obamacare, he is covered under his parents policy until the age of 26

Under GOP Repeal and Replace with nothing....he is screwed[/QUOTE]

You mean other than getting a job like the rest of us have to?

Look, guy, if Obama wanted universal single payer, he should have fought for that. Instead he put a bunch of additional burdens on a private insurance industry that is already stressed, with the promise of new revenues that are probably going to be struck down by the courts.

The coverage to age 26 isn't particularly onerous compared to other provisions, because they are usually the healthiest section of the population. It's why they usually forgo buying health insurance. (Yes, a lot of the "uninsured" choose to be!)

Wrong again, at least you’re consistent. Medicaid eligibility stops at age 21, 18 in most states.

Thankfully, under Obamacare, he is covered under his parents policy until the age of 26

Under GOP Repeal and Replace with nothing....he is screwed

Look, guy, if Obama wanted universal single payer, he should have fought for that. Instead he put a bunch of additional burdens on a private insurance industry that is already stressed, with the promise of new revenues that are probably going to be struck down by the courts.

The coverage to age 26 isn't particularly onerous compared to other provisions, because they are usually the healthiest section of the population. It's why they usually forgo buying health insurance. (Yes, a lot of the "uninsured" choose to be!)[/QUOTE]

You mean you think that if you are 21 and lucky enough to get a job, that it will have health benefits?

If the 22 year old can't afford to pay his medical bills, then he's already eligible for Medicaid.

Not true. It's not as simple as that. That's a pretty stupid thing for you to say.

Of course, on has to wonder why he doesn't have insurance

Pay attention!! He does have insurance. But under Bachmann's plan, he would be stripped of those affordable options now available to him.

and why grandma is paying his bills rather than his parents.

No, nobody has to wonder at all. It's none of your damned business. This is the problem with wing-nuts. You spend too much time "wondering" about people's lives (in truth, you're too busy condemning people for their lot in life while not having the slightest clue about their situation).

I'm sure if you investigate granny's story, you'll find that she's a bald faced liar or at the least she has left out all kinds of pertinent facts.

See what I mean? :lol: You haven't the slightest clue who this woman is or anything about her, and you've already made significant conclusions about her. Sad, really.

The coverage to age 26 isn't particularly onerous compared to other provisions, because they are usually the healthiest section of the population. It's why they usually forgo buying health insurance. (Yes, a lot of the "uninsured" choose to be!)

You mean you think that if you are 21 and lucky enough to get a job, that it will have health benefits?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what kind of job he gets, doesn't it?

Indicently, when I went to college, I paid a small fee that allowed me to go to the university health clinic when I needed to. It was I think about $10.00 a semester back in the day.

Or he could join the military. Lots of good health benefits there.

21 should be the age when you are learning the important life lesson- THE WORLD DOES NOT OWE YOU A LIVING.

You mean you think that if you are 21 and lucky enough to get a job, that it will have health benefits?

Depends on what kind of job he gets, doesn't it?

Indicently, when I went to college, I paid a small fee that allowed me to go to the university health clinic when I needed to. It was I think about $10.00 a semester back in the day.

Or he could join the military. Lots of good health benefits there.

21 should be the age when you are learning the important life lesson- THE WORLD DOES NOT OWE YOU A LIVING.[/QUOTE]

And that's the crux of the issue, isn't it? LIVING

Conservatives don't give a crap if you live or not. Didn't we hear that in the debate? If you don't have health insurance......let em die

In the good ole days, health insurance was cheap. They practically threw it at you. Now employers have better things to do than pay for employees health insurance. Kids go through four years of college and find they can't get a job, let alone one with health benefits

But Republicans don't care, do they?

They don't owe you a living

Last edited:

Forum List

Back