Bachmann: Americans fear 'rise of Soviet Union'

I've criticized Bachmann for more important things than this flub.

I'm not referring to you. I know how you feel about Bachmann. My point was that the President Obama flub was made back in May of 2008. Every single time a Republican makes a error and a thread is made about it, that comment is brought up.

And yet if President Obama made a flub today or tomorrow, those same people would laugh about those while defending Bachmann for hers. Simple as that.

Tissue?

I didn't say there was anything wrong about it.... I said it was hypocritical to whine when reminded of other people's flubs, like you did....

Except I didn't whine. I simply pointed out that talking point has been used in just about every single thread for the past three years where a Republican makes a mistake.

Like I said, if President Obama makes a flub tomorrow, I expect many of the same people who constantly bring up the 57 states comment to criticize the President or laugh at him. However, they will defend Bachmann and others under the pretense of "everyone makes mistakes."

Again, those were flubs already made. There have been threads acknowledging them. What I find very interesting is the same people who laughed at President Obama's 57 state flub and Joe Biden's FDR flub refuse to even dare criticize or laugh at Bachmann's.

Who says she flubbed at all?

You attack because you are a partisan, not because there is any merit to your claim.

Eye on Russia: Russia's resurgence - CNN.com

Even CNN fears a reemergence of the Soviet Empire.

Laughing at other peoples flubs is perfectly fine... It's human nature and the stuff comedies were built off of...

Whining when reminded of other people's flubbs is hypocritical and very partisan...

Who says she flubbed at all?

You attack because you are a partisan, not because there is any merit to your claim.

Eye on Russia: Russia's*resurgence - CNN.com

Even CNN fears a reemergence of the Soviet Empire.

So in order to defend Michele, you reference an article from 2007. :lol:

On top of that, the article doesn't reference the resurgence of the Soviet Empire at all. In fact, the article describes many of the problems that Russia currently has.

In fact, the closing line of the article is this:

It is a country of great potential, and one which -- as history has shown us -- is better embraced by the rest of the world than allowed to turn away.

But I give you credit for the effort. :thup:

Laughing at other peoples flubs is perfectly fine... It's human nature and the stuff comedies were built off of...

Whining when reminded of other people's flubbs is hypocritical and very partisan...

So true. After all, partisanship is what really brought down the Soviet Empire in 476 AD.

I didn't say there was anything wrong about it.... I said it was hypocritical to whine when reminded of other people's flubs, like you did....

Except I didn't whine. I simply pointed out that talking point has been used in just about every single thread for the past three years where a Republican makes a mistake.
In other words, you were whining about it...

Like I said, if President Obama makes a flub tomorrow, I expect many of the same people who constantly bring up the 57 states comment to criticize the President or laugh at him. However, they will defend Bachmann and others under the pretense of "everyone makes mistakes."

I don't care what other poeople do... I'm going to laugh at 0bama's flubbs like I always do... I won't whine about people bringing up rightwinger flubbs though...

So do you care to comment on the OP? Or are you just going to try and deflect further?

So do you care to comment on the OP? Or are you just going to try and deflect further?

Take a hint. You get all shrill about it if you're that stupid. But bear in mind, what goes around, comes around. Moral highground is not easy to reach, and real easy to slide off of.

I already commented... People flubb - it's human nature...

I'm more interested in your hypocrisy...

Well, how many deflections were there about "57 states"?

I already commented... People flubb - it's human nature...

I'm more interested in your hypocrisy...

So let me get this straight. You'll laugh at Obama's flubs but when it comes to Bachmann's, it's "human nature". Interesting. :eusa_think:

probably in response to these types of threads.

Nope. Though I have to wonder why they don't use more recent ones that are far worse. I guess it's not as catchy as "57 states". :lol:

Forum List

Back