Bachmann: Americans fear 'rise of Soviet Union'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008

GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann said today that Americans "fear the rise of the Soviet Union" during an appearance on a conservative radio talk show.

The Soviet Union broke up into 15 separate republics 20 years ago. Boris Yeltsin was the first freely elected leader of Russia, the largest of those republics.

"What people recognize is that there's a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward," Bachmann said on Jay Sekulow's radio show.

rqTBx.gif

GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann said today that Americans "fear the rise of the Soviet Union" during an appearance on a conservative radio talk show.

The Soviet Union broke up into 15 separate republics 20 years ago. Boris Yeltsin was the first freely elected leader of Russia, the largest of those republics.

"What people recognize is that there's a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward," Bachmann said on Jay Sekulow's radio show.

rqTBx.gif

I guess nobody told her.

57 states

Why thank you for bringing up yet again the same talking point that has been used by every single partisan rightwinger anytime a republican makes a flub! :thup:

I expect others to do the exact same thing if not something similar in this thread.

57 states

Why thank you for bringing up yet again the same talking point that has been used by every single partisan rightwinger anytime a republican makes a flub! :thup:

I expect others to do the exact same thing if not something similar in this thread.

It's kind of hypocritical to start a thread on a "flub" and then whine when reminded of other "flubs"...

Humans flub... Humans remind others of other people's flubbs, as you did in the OP and as CG did above...

No need to whine about it, though...

It's kind of hypocritical to start a thread on a "flub" and then whine when reminded of other "flubs"...

Humans flub... Humans remind others of other people's flubbs, as you did in the OP and as CG did above...

:rofl:

For some reason if President Obama had made another flub, I doubt you would be making such a post. :eusa_think:

For some reason if President Obama had made another flub, I doubt you would be making such a post. :eusa_think:

The difference is I don't whine about it like you did...

how about FDR President and on television in 1929?

If you're going to dish it out.....

Again, those were flubs already made. There have been threads acknowledging them. What I find very interesting is the same people who laughed at President Obama's 57 state flub and Joe Biden's FDR flub refuse to even dare criticize or laugh at Bachmann's.

Well if you can show me in a President Obama flub thread where you made a comment like this:

I'll admit I was wrong about you. But I have a strong feeling that you can't.

Good god, the woman is an idiot. Her handlers really need to keep her on a shorter leash.

how about FDR President and on television in 1929?

If you're going to dish it out.....

Again, those were flubs already made. There have been threads acknowledging them. What I find very interesting is the same people who laughed at President Obama's 57 state flub and Joe Biden's FDR flub refuse to even dare criticize or laugh at Bachmann's.

I've criticized Bachmann for more important things than this flub.

It's what he does. He'll harp on the 57 states flub for this entire thread, while completely ignoring the thread topic. He's quite good at it. He should be. it's the only trick in his bag.

I've criticized Bachmann for more important things than this flub.

I'm not referring to you. I know how you feel about Bachmann. My point was that the President Obama flub was made back in May of 2008. Every single time a Republican makes a error and a thread is made about it, that comment is brought up.

And yet if President Obama made a flub today or tomorrow, those same people would laugh about those while defending Bachmann for hers. Simple as that.

Well if you can show me in a President Obama flub thread where you made a comment like this:

I'll admit I was wrong about you. But I have a strong feeling that you can't.

I didn't say there was anything wrong about it.... I said it was hypocritical to whine when reminded of other people's flubs, like you did....

Forum List

Back