Bachmann admits John Wayne flub but insists John Quincy Adams was a Founding Father

Agreeing with you and being a nice person are not synonymous. YOU see to be a nice person. willow is an ass.

I am nice. And so is Willow. But calling HER a pussy, as you did, was not very nice.

Willow is not, read her responses. Post an avatar of a pussy, I'm callin' ya one.

Your certainly not calling me names now are you? Come on man... I don't even know who you are. And you don't know me.

The flub to worry about isn't that she got the wrong Adams or didn't know where John Wayne was born. It's her sticking to the line about the founding fathers fighting tirelessly to end slavery.

There's no doubt that some founders opposed slavery, but others were pro slavery (I gurantee that none of the signers from GA, SC, or NC were anti-slavery).

The truth is they were men of great vision, but like all men they were flawed. Bachmann's account seems almost like an attempt to diefy the founders. They were great men, we owe them a lot, but they were still only men, and like all men they were fallen and flawed.

QFT.

But I do think the John Wayne quotation is revealing; after all she claims to have been born in Waterloo. There's plenty of other evidence she's a giant fraud.

The flub to worry about isn't that she got the wrong Adams or didn't know where John Wayne was born. It's her sticking to the line about the founding fathers fighting tirelessly to end slavery.

There's no doubt that some founders opposed slavery, but others were pro slavery (I gurantee that none of the signers from GA, SC, or NC were anti-slavery).

The truth is they were men of great vision, but like all men they were flawed. Bachmann's account seems almost like an attempt to diefy the founders. They were great men, we owe them a lot, but they were still only men, and like all men they were fallen and flawed.

QFT.

But I do think the John Wayne quotation is revealing; after all she claims to have been born in Waterloo. There's plenty of other evidence she's a giant fraud.

A bigger fraud than Obama? That's impossible.

Your certainly not calling me names now are you? Come on man... I don't even know who you are. And you don't know me.

Where did I call you a name? I respond in kind.

Am I reading this incorrectly?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3800530-post79.html

No... this is the part where he becomes an insolent cement head and hurls pejoratives as an alternative to actually substantiating what he says.

Something tells me your a very insecure person with anger issues. I bet you're a hoot to be around in person.

This is me, calling them like I see them.

Last edited:

QFT.

Its quite possible. But nevermind. Let me put it this way: if the GOP nominates Bachmann, they will force me to vote for Obama. She is grossly unqualified for office, and Obama has had at least four years of on the job training.

Something tells me your a very insecure person with anger issues. I bet you're a hoot to be around in person.

This is me, calling them like I see them.

Look back and read your own posts. I respond to the likes of you in kind.

QFT.

Its quite possible. But nevermind. Let me put it this way: if the GOP nominates Bachmann, they will force me to vote for Obama. She is grossly unqualified for office, and Obama has had at least four years of on the job training.

Bingo.:clap2:

Bachmann admits John Wayne flub, but still insists John Quincy Adams was a Founding Father | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

the Minnesota congresswoman insisted she was right on the slavery claim and pointed to the career of John Quincy Adams, the nation's sixth president who was not yet nine years old when the Declaration of Independence was drafted with the help of his father, John Adams.

But in a separate interview with CNN's American Morning, Bachmann admitted to occasionally "misspeaking"—including on her claim yesterday that Wayne, the legendary movie star, was born in Waterloo when in fact his hometown is Winterset, nearly 150 miles away. Rather, it was serial killer John Wayne Gacy who lived in Waterloo for a time

This is a joke, right? No person (running for president) could be THAT stupid. Or could she REALLY be that dumb?
You kiddin'??????

:eusa_eh:

She's the Queen o' the TEABAGGERS!!!!

"He may have written the Declaration of Independence, but were he around today Thomas Jefferson wouldn’t have a prayer of winning the Republican nomination, much less the presidency. It wouldn’t be his liaison with the teenage daughter of one of his slaves nor the love children she bore him that would be the stumbling block. Nor would it be Jefferson’s suspicious possession of an English translation of the Quran that might doom him to fail the Newt Gingrich loyalty test. No, it would be the Jesus problem that would do him in. For Thomas Jefferson denied that Jesus was the son of God. Worse, he refused to believe that Jesus ever made any claim that he was. While he was at it, Jefferson also rejected as self-evidently absurd the Trinity, the Virgin Birth, and the Resurrection.

Instead of knowledge, we have tricorn hats. Staring at a copy of the Constitution in the National Archives and making promotional pilgrimages to revolutionary New England didn’t prevent Sarah Palin from butchering the truth of Paul Revere’s ride, turning it into some sort of NRA advisory to the British to keep their gosh-darned hands off American firearms.

Facts, as John Adams insisted when defending British redcoats after the Boston Massacre, “are stubborn things.” He would be horrified by the regularity with which American history is mangled in the interests of confirming prejudices. It matters when Glenn Beck’s guest Andrew Napolitano pins the responsibility for the 17th Amendment, instituting direct election of senators, on a Wilsonian plot against American liberties, rather than the proposal of a Republican senator in 1911 that was approved by Congress before Wilson ever set foot in the White House. It matters when Bachmann mischaracterizes the Founding Fathers as working “tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States.” What made the Constitution acceptable throughout the Union was a Faustian bargain that counted slaves as three fifths of a citizen, thus artificially bloating the political representation of the slaveholding South."

Last edited:
I do believe that sons qualify as founding fathers

John Wayne.....John Wayne Gacy. Six of one, half dozen of another

i think the founding uncles should be treated with the respect they deserve.

a special shout out to saul revere:

The remarkably well-preserved texts have also brought to light a number of previously unknown episodes from the Revolutionary period, including the midnight ride of Saul Revere, which occurred on Apr. 19, 1775.

"As American militiamen marched back to Boston from the Battles of Lexington and Concord, Revere immediately burst forth from his mistress's residence and took to his horse," said Caroline Cobb, a staff curator at Independence Hall. "For 12 miles, his pantaloons dragged from his ankle as he cried out to his philandering cohorts, warning them of the colonial women's returning husbands."

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back