Bachmann admits John Wayne flub but insists John Quincy Adams was a Founding Father

The flub to worry about isn't that she got the wrong Adams or didn't know where John Wayne was born. It's her sticking to the line about the founding fathers fighting tirelessly to end slavery.

There's no doubt that some founders opposed slavery, but others were pro slavery (I gurantee that none of the signers from GA, SC, or NC were anti-slavery).

The truth is they were men of great vision, but like all men they were flawed. Bachmann's account seems almost like an attempt to diefy the founders. They were great men, we owe them a lot, but they were still only men, and like all men they were fallen and flawed.

All public speakers make flubs. We make fun of Obama and Biden for all the flubs they make.

But the reality is that isn't what qualifies or disqualifies someone for being President. The substance of their policies does that. Thats why the Hussein is still the most ill-qualified for the Presidency. His policies have been a train wreck, and his record with an all Democrat controlled Congress is all on him. Whether his policies are designed to destroy America's economy or he let it get that way out of complete incompetence and ignorance is irrelevant, both net the same result.

Its time to let the grown ups run the show again, its time for a Republican President so we can reverse all the damage done by the Hussein.

Hmmm....wasn't that the reason Obama was elected by the American people? To reverse all of the GOP damage?

How'd that fucking work out for ya moron?

Fine for me, how about you, pussy?

The flub to worry about isn't that she got the wrong Adams or didn't know where John Wayne was born. It's her sticking to the line about the founding fathers fighting tirelessly to end slavery.

There's no doubt that some founders opposed slavery, but others were pro slavery (I gurantee that none of the signers from GA, SC, or NC were anti-slavery).

The truth is they were men of great vision, but like all men they were flawed. Bachmann's account seems almost like an attempt to diefy the founders. They were great men, we owe them a lot, but they were still only men, and like all men they were fallen and flawed.

Pandering to the base.

Is this the thread where the left wing whackaloons claim Bachmann is stupid and then claim that John Wayne Gacy, who was born in Chicago, was actually born in Waterloo?

:blowup:

Uhhh......please point out any post of mine that says John Wayne Gacy was BORN in Waterloo.

I'm waiting...........:eusa_whistle:

Is this the thread where the left wing whackaloons claim Bachmann is stupid and then claim that John Wayne Gacy, who was born in Chicago, was actually born in Waterloo?

:blowup:

Uhhh......please point out any post of mine that says John Wayne Gacy was BORN in Waterloo.

I'm waiting...........:eusa_whistle:

Did I say you did? If I reference you, I will use the quote feature. However, the thread premise is that Bachmann is an idiot because John Wayne Gacy was born in IA, not John Wayne. Odd, do you ralways respond to left wing whackaloon?

Now, crawl back under your rock and speak when spoken too.

:lol:

Last edited:
Even on her very worst day she's a thousand million times better than obie noodle.

And yet Obama kicks her ass in the polls according to the American people.

She's not president (yet). So you're comparing apples to oranges.

Obama is currently president - and his numbers are in the shitter. So focus on that for the moment -

Barack Obama’s chances of winning a second term seem to be fading, according to McClatchy’s report on their poll conducted in partnership with Marist. His approval ratings on the economy and on the federal budget deficit have hit new lows in the poll, usually a big indicator on re-election prospects.

Obama gets lowest scores yet on economy, deficit in Marist poll « Hot Air

Here - to help educate you on the Marist poll - because your glued to CNN's "Situation Room" 24/7

The "MIPO" is a national public opinion poll at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York.[1] The poll is operated by the Marist Institute for Public Opinion.[2] The poll, founded in 1978, was the first college-based public opinion poll in the United States.

From Wiki - This article is about Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York. For other schools with the same name, see Marist College (disambiguation). For other Marist Brothers schools, see List of Marist Brothers schools.

Marist College is a private liberal arts college on the east bank of the Hudson River near Poughkeepsie, New York. The site was established in 1905 by Marist Brothers, and the college was chartered in 1946. Since 2003, Marist no longer considers itself a Catholic college, and it maintains a chapel on campus that offers services for an array of faiths.[4]

The college has 43 bachelors and masters degree programs and 20 certificates across the traditional undergraduate, graduate, adult education, and distance learning environments including online.

Approximately 5,000 undergraduate students attend the Poughkeepsie campus (41°43′22″N 73°56′0″W / 41.72278°N 73.933333°W / 41.72278; -73.933333). Marist College study sites also exist in 26 countries abroad including Egypt, China, England, Italy and Australia. In 2006, Marist opened a branch campus in Florence, Italy by partnering with the Lorenzo de' Medici School. In 2009, the school was bequeathed a mansion that has estimated value of $65 million in Esopus, New York, that will be used as a leadership institute.

Sounds like a serious right-winged Conservative institution.

Forum List

Back