Bachman is clueless

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Just watched Bachman on FOX. I respect the woman for what she has done, and raising all those Foster kids, but she is clueless.

She just said that what we need is a Candidate who will stand up and Fight for PRO Life people, and fight against Same Sex Marriage. She clearly does not get it. That is the last thing we need. If we run with a Candidate that makes Social Con issues the agenda, Were doomed. We need someone who can pull in the Independents who have soured on Obama, if we throw a Social Con in their Faces, they will not show up.

Clueless?

I guess that is the best thing you can say about her

She just said that what we need is a Candidate who will stand up and Fight for PRO Life people, and fight against Same Sex Marriage. She clearly does not get it. That is the last thing we need. If we run with a Candidate that makes Social Con issues the agenda, Were doomed. We need someone who can pull in the Independents who have soured on Obama, if we throw a Social Con in their Faces, they will not show up.

No argument here. Social conservatives have been the bane of the GOP for almost four decades.

The snag is the ‘SoCons’ pretty much run the party, particularly in the South and Mountain West; if The Base isn’t happy they can get real mean – see: SC primary, 2000.

Social conservatism is all that they have. The Republican party can't run on anything else and expect to get votes.

The GOP really has no good candidates. They're all kooks and idiots. Romney is now for everything he used to be against. Plus he wears magic underpants. Cain, Santorum, Romney, Perry are all saying we should keep the Iraq war going and Obama lost the war. Bachmann fits right in with the rest of this strange bunch.

She looks awesome in her straitjacket/admiral's uniform. That's a sailor I'd love to buy a drink!

tumblr_ltaftnnB9Y1qas8z9o1_500.jpg

BTW, do you know why sailors have tattoos on their backs? So the Marines will have something to read in the shower. OooooRah!

Just watched Bachman on FOX. I respect the woman for what she has done, and raising all those Foster kids, but she is clueless.

well, first I agree shes, well not totally clueless but pretty way out there.

I am of 2 minds on the social campaigning in that, I agree; politically, the rep. candidate will have to soft shoe it when he gets the/she nomination, BUT that is because the media has whipped any gop mention of such,they are in a hair trigger ready to slap the snot out of any of them who says sqaut re: social issues, its an abject example of the throw weight of the media....and how far their objectivity has crumbled.

example- social issues are supposed to take a back seat because the country is a fiscal mess...right?

Not so fast, there was NO mention/critique of Obama and the dem. lame duck congress laying on the DOMA, DADT and Dream act issues and basically changing 1 of them and obama executive ordering the other 2 to their advantage.......ergo if the gop mentions abortion, gay rights marriage etc,. they are 'fixated' on social issues, if the dems do it? ho hum.....*shrugs*

Clueless?

I guess that is the best thing you can say about her

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCN5-ovvFL0]FLASHBACK: Obama: My Presidency Will Be 'A One-Term Proposition' If Economy Doesn't Turn In 3 Years - YouTube[/ame]

STFU you Democrat owned war loving pos.

To the OP, I agree...

The GOP continuously brings up social issues. They are fixated on social issues. This is just reality.

Look at how many times the House has brought up abortion. They've paid little attention to the jobs crisis, but brought up abortion repeatedly.

You can't blame the media for noticing.

Bachmann or a generic candidate emphasizing social issues would certainly be a weaker nominee than Romney or a generic candidate emphasizing economic issues. However, if one's goal is to advance a particular social agenda, then it would make perfect sense to vote for Bachmann. This is particularly true since even a weak nominee would have a decent shot at the presidency in this cycle.

I agree that Bachmann is clueless about many things, but not necessarily about this. Emphasizing social issues is indicative more of a strong social agenda than of a lack of strategic thinking (it's also evidence of political self-interest, since Bachmann is of course making a case for herself). Regardless, I won't be supporting any Republican for the presidency in 2012.

The GOP continuously brings up social issues. They are fixated on social issues. This is just reality.

Look at how many times the House has brought up abortion. They've paid little attention to the jobs crisis, but brought up abortion repeatedly.

You can't blame the media for noticing.

They want to control people's private lives with their social issues agenda, and then they claim they want small government. They are very interested in what people are doing in their private sex lives. They want to control where other religious groups build their houses of worship yet have major temper tantrums if a department store clerk says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. They are really off their rockers if you ask me.

She looks awesome in her straitjacket/admiral's uniform. That's a sailor I'd love to buy a drink!

tumblr_ltaftnnB9Y1qas8z9o1_500.jpg

BTW, do you know why sailors have tattoos on their backs? So the Marines will have something to read in the shower. OooooRah!

I was thinking more...Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Actually, I think she has no redeeming qualities and is an embarrassment that she represents our country
What politicians in Washington do have redeeming qualities and are not an embarrassment? Jeez, getting Congress to do their job right is harder than trying to pull an entire class of Overeater's Anonymous members away from a free buffet.

You are dead on right on that issue, that's why Santorim and Bachmann would do us all a favor by dropping out. The unaffiliated voter still determines the outcome of our elections, they tend to be fiscally conservative but not socially conservative. I am both a social and fiscal conservative but know full well that if you are harping on social issues you are a dead duck in the water and you just torpedoed your own boat.:cuckoo::cuckoo: You can not legislate personal behavior and until social conservatives come to that conclusion they will not win.

Actually, I think she has no redeeming qualities and is an embarrassment that she represents our country
What politicians in Washington do have redeeming qualities and are not an embarrassment? Jeez, getting Congress to do their job right is harder than trying to pull an entire class of Overeater's Anonymous members away from a free buffet.

Your analogy just put a huge smile on my face. Thanks.:lol:

Social conservatism is all that they have. The Republican party can't run on anything else and expect to get votes.

You are as Clueless as Bachman. The GOP needs to run on Fiscal Conservatism, and Limited Constitutional Government. They can win on that. In Fact it is the only thing we can win on. If we push social Issues we will lose the Independents and Obama will win.

Last edited:

Oh yes we can and it's called staying focused on fiscal conservative policy and avoiding the social issues.

Forum List

Back