Babylon Mystery Religion

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
In the last Book of the Bible, John the Apostle writes about a Great Religious System present during the Tribulation Period which is described as a great counterfeit, known as BABYLON MYSTERY RELIGION" that can be traced all the way back to the early days of the' Old Testament!

Revelation 17:5,

“And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”

John wonders in amazement as to how this great counterfeit religious system has been present since the beginning of time. He calls it a "harlot"! To identify the ‘Mystery Religion' we must go all the way back to the Book of Genesis 10 & 11 where we learn about Noah's great Grandson, Nimrod, who lived some 200 or 300 years after the flood.

http://www.gospelcenterchurch.org/babylonmysteryreligion.html

• Banned
KarlMarx said:
Then it goes on to say that the Roman Catholic Church is that bad religion.... which seems contradictory, since the Roman Catholic Church has opposed abortion, homosexuality, Communism, etc etc etc. If it were the church of Satan, then why would it oppose those things?

Maybe it's two faced or deceptive. Where in the bible is a worldly church given divine legitimacy? Where is confession to other humans laid out? How about a priesthood of any kind? The extrabiblical teachings of the catholic church are numerous.

KarlMarx said:
Then it goes on to say that the Roman Catholic Church is that bad religion.... which seems contradictory, since the Roman Catholic Church has opposed abortion, homosexuality, Communism, etc etc etc. If it were the church of Satan, then why would it oppose those things?
Many (not all) Baptists have an unholy hatred of Catholicism. In my hometown, the Promise Keepers were marching across the US, and they were scheduled to stay at the local Baptist church. Then the leaders found that Promise Keepers allows Catholics. The Promise Keepers were one day out of town, and the Baptist church cancelled, said they couldn't stay there. So, with only one day's notice, the Catholic church in town put together lodging and meals for them. Good Samaritan, anyone?

rtwngAvngr said:
Maybe it's two faced or deceptive. Where in the bible is a worldly church given divine legitimacy? Where is confession to other humans laid out? How about a priesthood of any kind? The extrabiblical teachings of the catholic church are numerous.
This is true. But it's not to say that no Catholic is a "saved" Christian.

• Banned
mom4 said:
Many (not all) Baptists have an unholy hatred of Catholicism. In my hometown, the Promise Keepers were marching across the US, and they were scheduled to stay at the local Baptist church. Then the leaders found that Promise Keepers allows Catholics. The Promise Keepers were one day out of town, and the Baptist church cancelled, said they couldn't stay there. So, with only one day's notice, the Catholic church in town put together lodging and meals for them. Good Samaritan, anyone?

Look at the child molestation coverup. Popes throughout history have been notorious bastards. These are men, not gods. Where is the basis for veneration of saints or the Marian apostasy? How can a pope claim to have the authority of god on earth? And according the article, there was a time when the christian church and the babylon religion were separate. The article explains how they merged.

• Banned
mom4 said:
This is true. But it's not to say that no Catholic is a "saved" Christian.

Right it's not. But why not find a more bible based church?

rtwngAvngr said:
Look at the child molestation coverup. Popes throughout history have been notorious bastards. These are men, not gods. Where is the basis for veneration of saints or the Marian apostasy? How can a pope claim to have the authority of god on earth? And according the article, there was a time when the christian church and the babylon religion were separate. The article explains how they merged.
I disagree with many things about the Catholic church, in its ruling structure and catechism. However, I know many Catholic individuals who are true, heartfelt Christians.

• Banned
mom4 said:
I disagree with many things about the Catholic church, in its ruling structure and catechism. However, I know many Catholic individuals who are true, heartfelt Christians.

That's fine. They should probably find a more bible based chuch, though, in my opinion.

rtwngAvngr said:
Right it's not. But why not find a more bible based church?
My best friend went through this. She was raised Methodist, and now practices Catholicism. Some people are looking for rules and structure; they feel more comfortable with this. The Catholic church delivers. (I have seen some Baptist churches go completely insane with legalism, also, in less Christian manifestations.) Some people just grew up Catholic, and they're used to it. The truth is, many people just don't think that deeply about it. If you have ever been to a Mass, none of that stuff is included in the weekly worship session.

Catholics put too much emphasis on Mary, IMO. The teaching that she was a lifelong virgin is just bull hockey. But the official position is that they venerate Mary, but DO NOT worship her.

rtwngAvngr said:
That's fine. They should probably find a more bible based chuch, though, in my opinion.
It would be nice, might help them grow more. But a church is nothing more than a group of people who come together in worship. Maybe some people are called together in a Catholic church to form relationships there. Christianity is all about relationships.

mom4 said:
My best friend went through this. She was raised Methodist, and now practices Catholicism. Some people are looking for rules and structure; they feel more comfortable with this. The Catholic church delivers. (I have seen some Baptist churches go completely insane with legalism, also, in less Christian manifestations.) Some people just grew up Catholic, and they're used to it. The truth is, many people just don't think that deeply about it. If you have ever been to a Mass, none of that stuff is included in the weekly worship session.

Catholics put too much emphasis on Mary, IMO. The teaching that she was a lifelong virgin is just bull hockey. But the official position is that they venerate Mary, but DO NOT worship her.

Venerate / worship.... six of one.....

Structure is not a good reason to go to a specific church, for me at least. People should think more deeply about it. The pope does claim divinity of a sort and that's pretty bloodchilling.

rtwngAvngr said:
Venerate / worship.... six of one.....

Structure is not a good reason to go to a specific church, for me at least. People should think more deeply about it. The pope does claim divinity of a sort and that's pretty bloodchilling.
I agree. And it's true, the pope claims infallibility in matters of doctrine. Since we have seen some doctrines reversed, this is obviously false. Just don't go thinking that ALL Catholics are satanic.

mom4 said:
I agree. And it's true, the pope claims infallibility in matters of doctrine. Since we have seen some doctrines reversed, this is obviously false. Just don't go thinking that ALL Catholics are satanic.

I don't. Most of them are probably monarch slaves. Just kidding. :mm:

I don't agree with a good deal of Catholic doctrine. Nonetheless, the Catholic church holds all doctrines that are considered "essential" to Christianity. I have a really hard time believing that the RCC is somehow the church of the antichrist.

gop_jeff said:
I don't agree with a good deal of Catholic doctrine. Nonetheless, the Catholic church holds all doctrines that are considered "essential" to Christianity. I have a really hard time believing that the RCC is somehow the church of the antichrist.

The truth is often hard.

gop_jeff said:
I have a really hard time believing that the RCC is somehow the church of the antichrist.

I think you're right about that. The more things play out in the daily news, the more I think the Book of Revelation identifies Islam as the false religion of the last days. I used to think that the Anti-Christ would be a European; now I think he is a Muslim who will come out of a European country.

Forum List

Back