Baby Twins Die After Being Left in Hot Car in The Bronx, Father Charged With Manslaughter

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Baby Twins Die After Being Left in Hot Car in The Bronx, Father Charged With Manslaughter
Two one-year-old twins died inside a hot car Friday in New York City. According to the New York Police Department, the infants' father forgot they were in the car and accidentally left them inside the closed-up vehicle while he went to work.

The father Juan Rodriguez, 39, is a social worker and worked a full day at a veterans hospital in the Bronx about two blocks away from where he had parked. After working a full day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., he returned to his Honda sedan, to find the 1-year-old boy and girl, NYPD officials said in a news release.

Baby Twins Die After Being Left in Hot Car in The Bronx, Father Charged With Manslaughter - news - att.net

The brilliance is just astounding with THOSE PEOPLE. Just in awe.

Two one-year-old twins died inside a hot car Friday in New York City. According to the New York Police Department, the infants' father forgot they were in the car and accidentally left them inside the closed-up vehicle while he went to work.

The father Juan Rodriguez, 39, is a social worker and worked a full day at a veterans hospital in the Bronx about two blocks away from where he had parked. After working a full day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., he returned to his Honda sedan, to find the 1-year-old boy and girl, NYPD officials said in a news release.

Baby Twins Die After Being Left in Hot Car in The Bronx, Father Charged With Manslaughter - news - att.net

The brilliance is just astounding with THOSE PEOPLE. Just in awe.

What a heart wrenching story.

No way a guy forgets about them in the car, he must have tried to save cash on babysitting or something, or just didn't care. Who the hell forgets about their babies for 8 hours?

He is going to live with this for the rest of is life. Didn't anyone not see them in the car? Horrific way to die and they were totally reliant on his protection!

You hear and read these stories, and I believe that these parents purposely forget that they left their children in the hot car. Either because they really don't want to deal with the kids anymore. Or it's just easy to say it was "an accident".

I know that my daughter when she was a young girl, would sit in the car but with at least the air conditioner on.

Yes, I know some cars don't have A/C or it is broken. But I think that parents could take care of their kids a little better than that. Just sayin....

Incredible and tragic. Mr. Rodriguez is most likely going to be using his social worker skills behind bars.

He left his two infant kids in his car during his eight hour shift? I am fucking stunned and astounded at such
.....what can I even call it? Stupidity? Depravity? Ignorance? Utter carelessness?

How do you "forget" your twins in your car all day? Juan Rodriguez should be locked up and forgotten by society for several decades.

Was he an AOC voter? Because that would explain a lot.

He left his two infant kids in his car during his eight hour shift? I am fucking stunned and astounded at such
.....what can I even call it? Stupidity? Depravity? Ignorance? Utter carelessness?

How do you "forget" your twins in your car all day? Juan Rodriguez should be locked up and forgotten by society for several decades.

Was he an AOC voter? Because that would explain a lot.

I don't disagree but I couldn't really imagine having to deal with two babies at once at that age. One is hard enough.

Some people are very absent minded. I know I am. Never done anything like this though.

I don't disagree but I couldn't really imagine having to deal with two babies at once at that age. One is hard enough.
But you know it's wrong to take your one year olds to work with you for a starter, right? And you simply leave them?
Once you've done that you already have gone down a long dark road.

There is much in play here. Someone in their right mind doesn't do this. Where is the mother? Relatives? Neighbors? Friends? Day care? What about calling in sick?
Is the guy on drugs? Is the mother on drugs?

Both born on the same day
Both died on the same day
What's the odds on that?

It's a possible autopilot situation. Actually a psychological term where we tend to go through life in that state.

If for instance this father was not taking the kids to daycare normally, it is possible that he just went into his normal routine and simply forgot about them. Just went to work, like he did every day......

Actually documented cases of that. That is my guess.

But you know it's wrong to take your one year olds to work with you for a starter, right? And you simply leave them?
Once you've done that you already have gone down a long dark road.

There is much in play here. Someone in their right mind doesn't do this. Where is the mother? Relatives? Neighbors? Friends? Day care? What about calling in sick?
Is the guy on drugs? Is the mother on drugs?

I don't know. I wasn't driving the car. My guess is he was supposed to drop them off somewhere, was on autopilot and forgot. I don't know how he forgot either way, but I have heard that put out there in other cases. I don't think it should get them off the hook, but I at least know that babies are freaking exhausting mnetally, physically and emotionally so two at once would be even worse IMO.

You hear and read these stories, and I believe that these parents purposely forget that they left their children in the hot car. Either because they really don't want to deal with the kids anymore. Or it's just easy to say it was "an accident".
Why can't these parents who don't want their kids anymore just put them up for adoption? Then they themselves won't have to worry about becoming another person's prison food later on.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don't know. I wasn't driving the car. My guess is he was supposed to drop them off somewhere, was on autopilot and forgot. I don't know how he forgot either way, but I have heard that put out there in other cases. I don't think it should get them off the hook, but I at least know that babies are freaking exhausting mnetally, physically and emotionally so two at once would be even worse IMO.
Have you ever had children. I have...three of them. The first two were one and two respectively at one point.
I was always acutely aware of what was in the back seat when we were out.

It sounds like you can't condone what happened but you are trying to somehow rationalize what went on.

I don't understand that either.

Have you ever had children. I have...three of them. The first two were one and two respectively at one point.
I was always acutely aware of what was in the back seat when we were out.

It sounds like you can't condone what happened but you are trying to rationalize what went on.

I don't understand that either.

Trying to understand how something happened is not rationalizing, and yes. I have never had twins or triplets. Apparently you have not either.

It's a possible autopilot situation. Actually a psychological term where we tend to go through life in that state.

If for instance this father was not taking the kids to daycare normally, it is possible that he just went into his normal routine and simply forgot about them. Just went to work, like he did every day......

Actually documented cases of that. That is my guess.

Sure, we've all done that, I know I have. However, I can't imagine doing this with two 1 year old kids. Maybe for an hour or two until it clicks in. There is no way these children don't cross into his mind during that period of time. Any normal person would think about kids so young a few times an hour I'm sure. Just an image, or a thought of some kind, a memory, happy or not, a worry, a reminder of some kind. They are just too important to not have on his mind at some point over 8 hours. It would then click in "oh yeah, I left my kids in the car!"

I can't claim to know the truth, but, I am always thinking about possible outcomes. If he forgot, he probably has 7 other kids or some VERY serious stuff going on in his life that preoccupied his mind.

I'm no detective, but I'd certainly be asking many questions of family and friends. Did they had life insurance? Any domestic issues on the go? Etc etc.

I will also say, it's cases like these where I don't envy being the First Responders. Finding two babies like this would haunt forever. No wonder PTSD occurs at such a high rate.

Last edited:
Trying to understand how something happened is not rationalizing, and yes. I have never had twins or triplets. Apparently you have not either.
Good catch.
I already said I haven't.

And you aren't exactly trying to understand the circumstances of this horrible act of a father. You are more trying to rationalize it with talk about how tiring twins must be and oh, having two children at once would be so exhausting....as if that's the reason this guy went off to his job leaving two one year olds in the back seat of his Honda.

Because they were twins and twins are such a handful!

You are rationalizing this act. Subtly but unmistakably. Only you know why and that's for you and your conscience to figure out.

Good catch.

And you aren't exactly trying to understand the circumstances of this horrible act of a father. You are more trying to rationalize it with talk about how tiring twins must be and oh, having two children at once would be so exhausting....as if that's the reason this guy went off to his job leaving two one year olds in the back seat of his Honda.

You are rationalizing this act. Subtly but unmistakably. Only you know why and that's for you and your conscience to figure out.

Might be as simple as being unable to face how evil it is.

Good catch.

No I am trying to understand it. My mom drove off and left me 3 times that I can recall in stores when I was a in the 3-4 year old range and 1 time I was the only person with her. the other 2 i can get because my brother was such handful to deal with 24/7. The time it was just me, not so much.

No I am trying to understand it. My mom drove off and left me 3 times that I can recall in stores when I was a in the 3-4 year old range and 1 time I was the only person with her. the other 2 i can get because my brother was such handful to deal with 24/7. The time it was just me, not so much.
Well, I'd say your mother had some issues just based on what you've said.
Two small children one year apart might as well be twins. They are virtually twins and yes they can be a handful but no I wouldn't say it's an excuse to leave them locked in your little convection oven of a car all day.

Not ever would I say that or use it as an excuse.

Forum List

Back