Baby Showers

What the hell happened to small gatherings and parties for the mom-to-be? Now baby showers are 40-60 people full blown party gatherings. And this one is for a *second* child. :eek:

Babies are getting fatter and therefore need more diapers, bigger clothes, bigger cribs and more formula.

What the hell happened to small gatherings and parties for the mom-to-be? Now baby showers are 40-60 people full blown party gatherings. And this one is for a *second* child. :eek:

The same thing that happened to bridal showers and bachelor parties. They turned into mini weddings preceded by two or more engagement parties.

I agree its ridiculous. Recently I went to a wedding that was very nice but paled in comparison to the couples "engagement party" in the spring and "bridal shower" in August at the country club. The whole shebang prob.ran us about 500 bucks in gifts. Oh and the couple have lived together for years and have a beautiful home.

Ok, someone explain to me that couples who live together then throw a big-assed wedding when they finally decide to get married - - - wth is the point???

party

The same thing that happened to bridal showers and bachelor parties. They turned into mini weddings preceded by two or more engagement parties.

Oh well.. At least it's going to be a girl.. I've more than seen my fill of baby boys. :eusa_whistle: I have nephews coming out of the wall, and my only niece just turned 16, started wearing makeup, and got a job. :evil:

I feel so old.

Since when do second babies get a party of their own?

I agree, it's become ridiculous. My baby shower was with family and close friends at my moms. It was great.

Cause that second baby is a finally a *girl*. I have way too many nephews, and only one niece, and SHE just turned 16 and got a job, so is out of that "cute fun" stage. :eusa_whistle:

Hey, in my eyes there's nothing cuter and more fun than a 16 year old who is willing to earn her own wardrobe money! Those kids deserve medals, not to mention a huge party. Not only do they generally get shit jobs, they still have to go to school.

Since when do second babies get a party of their own?

I agree, it's become ridiculous. My baby shower was with family and close friends at my moms. It was great.

Cause that second baby is a finally a *girl*. I have way too many nephews, and only one niece, and SHE just turned 16 and got a job, so is out of that "cute fun" stage. :eusa_whistle:

Hey, in my eyes there's nothing cuter and more fun than a 16 year old who is willing to earn her own wardrobe money! Those kids deserve medals, not to mention a huge party. Not only do they generally get shit jobs, they still have to go to school.

Actually, she's not much in to spending money, either.. She dumps most of it in a savings account. Good girl.

This is the one I taught (when she was 2) to say "Daddy, when I grow up, I'm going to be a vegetarian" every time my brother left to go hunting, just to be annoying. :badgrin:

That's just wrong.

Saving is good, though!

I've been teaching my daughter from the time she could talk, "no dating and no boyfriends until you leave my home, and college follows high school."

She's very precocious and was VERY interested in boys at a very young age. But with consistent patterning, she's now comfortable with the fact that she's not picking anyone from this pool, and her only job as a girl is to focus on her studies and, for fun, sports & art.

That's not to say she can't attend school dances (in high school, I don't think we even have them here for junior high kids) with classmates, she won't be missing out on that fun. But NO BOYFRIENDS and no dating, aside from prom, homecoming, and whatever else there is along those lines. It just distracts from what should be important to a kid.

My sons weren't allowed to date until 16...that was a larger school with a lot more kids to choose from. Here most of the kids who go to school with are the kids of my clients, and I know way too much about them to let my daughter anywhere near them outside of school.

Nah.. Not wrong.. At the age of two, she'd ask for tacos, and just eat the lettuce and tomato out of them, and leave the meat. She'd eat a lot of "trees" (broccoli), and sometimes chicken.. Never beef.. Never pork.. So, I just taught her a phrase or two to go along with what she was already doing.. :eusa_angel:

friend just tossed a major reception for her wedding....they were living together but she is the only daughter and the parents wanted the big party...it was a nice time.. and they ask only for donation to the cancer fund at the hospital she was treated at.

my whole wedding was under 800 bucks....i am sure no one is talking about it now lol....

Forum List

Back