Baby Showers

D

Dis

What the hell happened to small gatherings and parties for the mom-to-be? Now baby showers are 40-60 people full blown party gatherings. And this one is for a *second* child. :eek:

What the hell happened to small gatherings and parties for the mom-to-be? Now baby showers are 40-60 people full blown party gatherings. And this one is for a *second* child. :eek:

These days quantity is far more important to people than quality, look at Facebook "friends". People no longer care about real friends, all they want to do is be able to brag about how many people they can get to say they are "friends".

Since when do second babies get a party of their own?

I agree, it's become ridiculous. My baby shower was with family and close friends at my moms. It was great.

These days quantity is far more important to people than quality, look at Facebook "friends". People no longer care about real friends, all they want to do is be able to brag about how many people they can get to say they are "friends".

Actually, this IS limited to family, and actual friends. :cool: It's still psycho tho, and going to drive me crazy.

Actually, this IS limited to family, and actual friends. :cool: It's still psycho tho, and going to drive me crazy.

Many people will call close acquaintances "friends" now though. A true friend is someone you would share anything with. Someone you would trust your life with. Someone that can get into a violent rage and you will still feel safe around. Someone who could be convicted of a murder and you would know didn't do it.

Since when do second babies get a party of their own?

I agree, it's become ridiculous. My baby shower was with family and close friends at my moms. It was great.

Cause that second baby is a finally a *girl*. I have way too many nephews, and only one niece, and SHE just turned 16 and got a job, so is out of that "cute fun" stage. :eusa_whistle:

My first was a girl, second a boy, third a girl. No party for the second or third one. Except for clothes (for the boy) everything else was handed down. By the time the third one came along I was borrowing car seats. :lol:

I agree its ridiculous. Recently I went to a wedding that was very nice but paled in comparison to the couples "engagement party" in the spring and "bridal shower" in August at the country club. The whole shebang prob.ran us about 500 bucks in gifts. Oh and the couple have lived together for years and have a beautiful home.

I agree its ridiculous. Recently I went to a wedding that was very nice but paled in comparison to the couples "engagement party" in the spring and "bridal shower" in August at the country club. The whole shebang prob.ran us about 500 bucks in gifts. Oh and the couple have lived together for years and have a beautiful home.

Ok, someone explain to me that couples who live together then throw a big-assed wedding when they finally decide to get married - - - wth is the point???

Ok, someone explain to me that couples who live together then throw a big-assed wedding when they finally decide to get married - - - wth is the point???

money

We lived together in an apartment before we got married.. for about 4 years. But, it was a first wedding for both of us, and we knew what we wanted it to be like. It was worth every penny we spent; it's still the most talked about/remembered wedding in the entire family...

money

Not really. We didn't get back nearly the money we put in to it.. In monetary gifts, we got about $1800. Just in the sit down *dinner* (food only) for the reception, we put out over $3000.. Plus $3600 for a completely open bar. That doesn't include the musicians that strolled between tables playing violins during dinner.. We simply wanted it to be something that would be remembered for a long time to come.

money

Not really. We didn't get back nearly the money we put in to it.. In monetary gifts, we got about $1800. Just in the sit down *dinner* (food only) for the reception, we put out over $3000.. Plus $3600 for a completely open bar. That doesn't include the musicians that strolled between tables playing violins during dinner.. We simply wanted it to be something that would be remembered for a long time to come.

I think she was talking about normal people .:scared1:

:eusa_eh: I was under the impression I *was* normal.

:eusa_eh: I was under the impression I *was* normal.

:eusa_eh: If you're normal .... then I must be. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back