Baby DNA warehousing

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Did you know this was going on? I recently heard it mentioned on a radio talk show...

DNA blood samples are being taken from the heel of your newborn baby....supposedly to screen for diseases....supposedly the samples...per law... are to be destroyed after 30-60 days but this is not happening....a second sample is being kept and warehoused by the State....the law is being ignored. Most parents are not even aware this is taking place...and the few that do can only object to it on the basis of religion....what? Is your baby's DNA government property?

This seems to be the ultimate tresspassing on your personal property rights.....

http://www.cchconline.org/pdf/NBS_EUGENICS_REPORT_Apr2009_FINAL.pdf

I can't open the link/document but if that's generally true it's bad. I think that we've already gone way too far down the road of having people catalouged and also in allowing law enforcement to develop too great a technological capability. I know everybody likes to see crime solved but we have reached a point such that government, should it become totalitarian, has the means to completely supress any effort to dislodge it. I don't think we're in danger of seeing a totalitarian government in the United States in my lifetime but 100 or 200 years is nothing in history and we, in the name of security, have allowed the mechanisms necessary for repression to develop. I think it's important for a free society to see to it that government does not have the power and/or capabilityto repress and I don't think we've seen to that.

This is what happens when we grand rights for human genome material.

Yeah, that's right that's what they're doing.

Itd probably be a good idea except the fact that some corporation is going to end up owning parts of the human genome.

Forum List

Back