Baby boxes

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by tigerbob, Jun 26, 2012.

1. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    I guess this goes under ethics. It's a European story but apparently they exist in the US as well and it's more an ethical question than a geographical one.

Not sure how I feel about this. Sad for the baby in question. Concerned for the mother. Perhaps angry at the mother as well, though I don't know what her situation is. Also concerned about the possibility that babies are given away under duress.

Would much prefer to see those wishing to give up a child have access to counseling than this wholly impersonal approach, but it's better than late term abortion IMO, or a child being denied vital care and medical attention that may be required.

Heartbreaking really.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. laughinReaper

laughinReaper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +582
    We have something like this here in the USA, You can abandon a baby at any hospital with no negative consequences. It prevents things like what happened in my state about 15 years ago when a person left a baby under a tree in freezing cold weather, the child died. While It's tragic for the child to be left at least there is no gap in care for the child.

3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,395
    BF Skinner kept his kid in a box for years.