AZ Welfare Drug Testing Cost/Benefit Ratio Is...

I was random drug tested when I worked at a Nuclear power plant in California. Keep me clean for Two years if I wanted THE JOB making good damn money.

these whiners expecting us to give out welfare and them not having to do anything FOR IT

that's more Galling than the money being spent on it
they expect you to take and pass your drug test so you can pay them to do nothing but smoke crack and make fatherless babies while you work.

but of course. how dare WE the taxpayers EXPECT anything from them

If you stack the deck to produce nothing your expectations will be realized but...

...but I like the way you're thinking and so would Franklin Roosevelt.

Creating a modern version of the CWA → WPA would allow Republicans to drug test employees, end welfare, rebuild our infrastructure, build our tax base, allow people to work for a paycheck and benefits (healthcare), make lifelong contributions to Social Security etc.etc... As well as contributing to the mental health of people supporting themselves by working.

Roosevelt created 4 million jobs in one month (updated)

A year ago, Charles Peters and Timothy Noah wrote in Slate.

The CWA laid 12 million feet of sewer pipe and built or made substantial improvements to 255,000 miles of roads, 40,000 schools, 3,700 playgrounds, and nearly 1,000 airports (not to mention 250,000 outhouses still badly needed in rural America). Most of the jobs involved manual labor, to which most of the population, having been raised on the farm, was far more accustomed than it would be today. But the CWA also provided considerable white-collar work, employing, among others, statisticians, bookbinders, architects, 50,000 teachers, and 3,000 writers and artists. ("Hell, they've got to eat like other people," Hopkins noted matter-of-factly.) This was achieved with a remarkable minimum of overhead. Of the nearly $1 billion—the equivalent today of nearly $16 billion—that Hopkins spent during the CWA's five-month existence, 80 percent went directly into workers' pockets and thence stimulated the economy by going into the cash registers of grocers and shop owners. Most of the rest went to equipment costs. Less than 2 percent paid for administration.

The CWA ended in March 1934. Later, Hopkins would be put in charge of the Works Progress Administration, which is what most of Taylor’s book is about.

Putting 4 million people to work in 1934 would be like putting 9.6 million to work today. And there’s plenty more work than just $16 billion that needs to be done: How about 19 million new jobs created with a $5.8 trillion infrastructure program?

And-----and the ROI would be immediate and continue to pay dividends for 50-100 years. And a permanent return to a modern WPA like program would guarantee everyone a job (not welfare) and make the government the employer of last resort.
You are aware the Unemploment rate climbed back up to around 18% right before WWII right? FDR was a failure and those were just temporary jobs. WWII brought us out of the depression.

Republicans: Blame poor people for everything wrong.

Nah. We blame left-wingers like you.
Partisan stupidity at its finest.

Nope. It's the simple truth.
I rest my case.
You have no case.
I put forth: "Partisan stupidity at its finest"
You respond: Nope, it's the simple truth
Pretty simple.

It's amazing how Republicans come up with bullshit ways to waste taxpayer money. Drug testing 87,000 welfare recipients in AZ has netted a grand total of $560 bucks - more proof Republicans are piss-poor managers of public money...

Arizona drug-tested 87,000 welfare recipients and found they are flushing taxpayer dollars
Jen HaydenFollow
Jul 22, 2015

From Gregory Krieg

The results are thin: According to USA Today, three years after the program began Arizona had tested more than 87,000 welfare recipients. The total number of drug cheats caught was exactly one — a single positive result, which saved the state precisely $560.

Checking in again in March, the Arizona Sonora News Service cited state Department of Economic Security figures which found that over the course of more than five years, "42 people have been asked to take a follow-up drug test and 19 actually took the test, 16 of whom passed. The other 23 were stripped of their benefits for failing to take the drug test."

That adds up to a grand total of three failed tests from 2009-2014. The net savings reaped from withholding benefits for those who either tested positive or failed to complete a drug test was around $3,500, once the $500 cost of testing the 19 is factored in, according to one state agency report. The haul is shockingly unimpressive when you consider the $1.7 million in savings state officials promised when they began the program.

<snip>

What non-issue will Republicans waste our/taxpayer time and money on next, voter fraud, Benghazi, another vote on Obamacare... what?

You "study" ignores all the people who don't even apply for welfare because they know they can't pass a drug test.

I think drugs should be legalized...You know people can drink booze and fucking kill people from begin stupid from it...Of course, you attack the poor that got fucked by the super rich boss after working 30 or 40 effin years.

I was random drug tested when I worked at a Nuclear power plant in California. Keep me clean for Two years if I wanted THE JOB making good damn money.

these whiners expecting us to give out welfare and them not having to do anything FOR IT

they expect you to take and pass your drug test so you can pay them to do nothing but smoke crack and make fatherless babies while you work.

Says the person that wants to drive on our roads but not pay taxes. hahaha...

it must suck to be an angry left-wing nutjob knowing Sanders has no chance of winning

Got the solution for all whiny Entitlement Moochers out there...

Don't take the Freebies. Problem solved. You're welcome.

YEP, no one is FORCING you to climb on the backs of the taxpayer. go get a freaking job. they tell us under Obama jobs and economy is HUMMING it's ass off. now go get off Yours make something of your life

says the person that has no clue where the road taxes come from.
Guess its easy to overlook when your main means of transportation has your next stop displayed across the front of it.
Personally, as F-ed up as the roads are I would suggest taking the money spent on welfare, and the money spent on public transportation and shift it over to road repairs.

says the idiot that has NO PROOF of that but in your split personality mind. I already PAY taxes to drive. On my car, State taxes and gas taxes. now go sit down

Forum List

Back