AZ passes law saying life beings pre-conception

Simple solution for the simple minded that see the whole "birth control" thing as a war on women.

The GOP should line up a few men to come to a hearing to discuss their plight as it pertains to sex and fear of impregnating someone. They should discuss the many hours of lost sleep worrying about a woman not getting her period...and the thousands of dollars spent on abortions.......and then state that vasectomy's...the kind you can turn on and off...should be covered in all healthcare policies.

When the GOPers say "ludicrous" and those like Rush say "rediculous"....the left will no longer be able to say it is a war on women.

Being a conservative and being from Arizona, I can only say this type of thing does not help our situation.

That Schillian does not realize that Harry Blackmun went through all kinds of "science" to make a determination (on his own) about when life started in putting together his asswipe decision in Roe is all to common.

That was huge mistake and an arrogant play on his part.

That AZ seems determined to repate the mistake is no less an error (only this isn't going to get a lot of unborns killed).

I find it interesting that those who wish the Govt. out of their daily lives would be so willing to support legislation, whatever the case may be that would get Govt. into the daily lives who do not believe as they do! Frankly, if one believes in the 1st Amendment then they believe in it for everyone not just whats deemed proper for themselves and what they believe in regardless. When it comes to issues of " where life begins" those issues are moral issues and such belong in the realm of the 1st amendment and do not belong in legislation that supports a particular religious view. While yes if a human being is viable outside the womb, or even say perhaps after 5 months which this laws does mention, many would have little argument with that when it comes to legislating a procedure that would cause harm to babies or whatever you wish to call them in that scenario. The fact remains that at conception, regardless of a scientific point here where a sperm or an egg is life, for that matter so are the hair cells on my head and I don't see any debate or call for legislating that industry for killing hair cells. The point is, we as Americans can respect one anothers views whatever they are, but when they enter the realm of forcing one's views upon another for only a religious reason then we not only move away from "religious freedom" we move away from the very nation we are.

Last edited:
Its more of the same ole same ole ... They accuse the left of what they themselves are doing. The right wants total control of our bodies. That's an undeniable fact.

This law from AZ is just the beginning and will surely spread to other backward red states.

Someone mentioned masturbation ... They won't make that illegal because its something that men do as well as women. The pubs go after women, never men.

Right on que with your special brand of idiocy............

It's 'cue', you moron.

LOL Your shit is so weak its all you could comment on.

Hey dip shit how does this prevent abortions?

As one of the biggest liars here the answer should be right at your finger tips.

I find it interesting that those who wish the Govt. out of their daily lives would be so willing to support legislation, whatever the case may be that would get Govt. into the daily lives who do not believe as they do! Frankly, if one believes in the 1st Amendment then they believe in it for everyone not just whats deemed proper for themselves and what they believe in regardless. When it comes to issues of " where life begins" those issues are moral issues and such belong in the realm of the 1st amendment and do not belong in legislation that supports a particular religious view. While yes if a human being is viable outside the womb, or even say perhaps after 5 months which this laws does mention, many would have little argument with that when it comes to legislating a procedure that would cause harm to babies or whatever you wish to call them in that scenario. The fact remains that at conception, regardless of a scientific point here where a sperm or an egg is life, for that matter so are the hair cells on my head and I don't see any debate or call for legislating that industry for killing hair cells. The point is, we as Americans can respect one anothers views whatever they are, but when they enter the realm of forcing one's views upon another for only a religious reason then we not only move away from "religious freedom" we move away from the very nation we are.

Murder is a moral issue.
Does that mean we should be *free* to commit it?

Because that is the argument of the pro-abortion movement. It's okay to kill others if they are a certain age. It's okay to kill others if they are helpless and in your care. It's okay to kill others if in doing so, you liberate yourself from responsibility.

And when I have rep again, you shall be blessed for yea, you have spoken great wisdom. Thus saith the Boop.

Its more of the same ole same ole ... They accuse the left of what they themselves are doing. The right wants total control of our bodies. That's an undeniable fact.

This law from AZ is just the beginning and will surely spread to other backward red states.

Someone mentioned masturbation ... They won't make that illegal because its something that men do as well as women. The pubs go after women, never men.

The undeniable fact is that O is in our bedrooms.

The undeniable fact is that the Koch brothers are in our bedrooms, or dyin tryin. Funny how this is happening across the country, without a concerted effort behind -

Oh wait.

Koch brothers aren't making laws. O is an elected official who is making laws that pertain to our bedroom.

The undeniable fact is that O is in our bedrooms.

The undeniable fact is that the Koch brothers are in our bedrooms, or dyin tryin. Funny how this is happening across the country, without a concerted effort behind -

Oh wait.

Koch brothers aren't making laws. O is an elected official who is making laws that pertain to our bedroom.

Oh, yay!!! I cannot wait.

Let me see that legislation that O signed into law.

By the way; you're uninformed on what the Koch brothers are doing. Sadly, they can't trust everybody and word does get out.

But I'll be waiting right here to see what O has done.

And when I have rep again, you shall be blessed for yea, you have spoken great wisdom. Thus saith the Boop.

Just when I thought we had filled our quota of narcissistic, mentally ill yahoos.

Oh wait.

Oh, yay!!! I cannot wait.

Let me see that legislation that O signed into law.

By the way; you're uninformed on what the Koch brothers are doing. Sadly, they can't trust everybody and word does get out.

But I'll be waiting right here to see what O has done.

He didn't sign the healthcare bill? The one that he's making adjustments to on the fly? Come on, Boop. Throw me something that's a little bit of a challenge.

Murder is a moral issue.
Does that mean we should be *free* to commit it?

Because that is the argument of the pro-abortion movement. It's okay to kill others if they are a certain age. It's okay to kill others if they are helpless and in your care. It's okay to kill others if in doing so, you liberate yourself from responsibility.

Murder- The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

So then it move's back to how you define a human being doesn't it? Some religious views hold that a human being is defined as "life beginning at conception" however if I were to tell you that still others hold the view that for example, "The Talmud says that from the moment of fertilization until 40 days, the embryo has a status of being nearly liquid," or perhaps in Hindu, at conception" creates theological problems. "Life cannot begin at conception when our lives have not ended in the first place," what then does that say about the 1st Amendment and Freedom of Religion?

Just when I thought we had filled our quota of narcissistic, mentally ill yahoos.

Depressed because you have company? No worries. I was joking. I'm pretty sure he knew that. Sorry you didn't. Guess you need emoticons, or you won't know when somebody is being silly.

Meh, we're all nearly liquid...

It comes down to the age. The age of a human being. Biologists refer to embryo as humans at an early stage of development.

Once you guys deem it A-OK to kill babies up to the age of 2-3, then you'll start focusing on others.

It's the way monsters work.

Depressed because you have company? No worries. I was joking. I'm pretty sure he knew that. Sorry you didn't. Guess you need emoticons, or you won't know when somebody is being silly.

Okie dokey then.:cuckoo:

It comes down to the age. The age of a human being. Biologists refer to embryo as humans at an early stage of development.

Once you guys deem it A-OK to kill babies up to the age of 2-3, then you'll start focusing on others.

Well, yeah. I mean - I guess I'll have to take your word as a monster that you know how monsters work.

Don't get me wrong here kosher while I respect your views as I do others, it's just my humble opinion that our Constitutional Framers understood these sorts of moral questions and opposing views and thus created the 1st Amendment for it, allowing everyone to express them. The problem is when you have so many opposing views on this question it becomes a moral issue rather than a legislative one, and rightly belongs in the pulpit or the homes of Americans and not the books of Laws that Americans must abide by.

Well, yeah. I mean - I guess I'll have to take your word as a monster that you know how monsters work.

she is an evil mean woman.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU314nyMKWE]ELO - Evil Woman (1976) - YouTube[/ame]

I would love to see a bozo like you having a conversation with an OB/GYN about gestational age and watching you accuse the doctor of playing word games.

Priceless! :lol::lol::lol:

ok ill ask Thursday when i go with my wife.....of course i told my wife about this post and she laughed at you...but hey what do we know right, we are only expecting our second.

In human obstetrics, gestational age is often defined as the time elapsed since 14 days prior to fertilization. This is approximately the duration since the woman's last menstrual period (LMP) began.

Gestational age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, you see, the term was not invented by right-wingers in the Arizona legislation.

I doubt you have even read the law. If you had, you would see that "gestational age" is used appropriately and correctly in the law. You would also see that conception is also clearly defined in the legislation, and it is used as accurately as a doctor uses it.

But don't let that truth get in your way. Take the word of liars instead. God forbid you should read and see for yourself.

All of this was explained in another topic to the very same players who are now pretending all over again that the Arizona legislature says life begins two weeks before conception. It is not only a blatant lie, it is a deliberate, willful one. They know they are lying and deceiving, and they do it because gullible fools like you drink their bongwater without question.

Last edited:
You seem rather excited about this... :eusa_whistle:

Shall I repeat the question?

/ No thank you.

You're claiming the article is false yet your post does not show it to be false...

A State Senate amendment to the bill, H.B. 2036, states that a fetus’ life starts not at conception, but up to two weeks before then—“from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.”

You're quoting a biased source's title.
I quoted the bill's text.

ok ill ask Thursday when i go with my wife.....of course i told my wife about this post and she laughed at you...but hey what do we know right, we are only expecting our second.

In human obstetrics, gestational age is often defined as the time elapsed since 14 days prior to fertilization. This is approximately the duration since the woman's last menstrual period (LMP) began.

Gestational age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, you see, the term was not invented by right-wingers in the Arizona legislation.

I doubt you have even read the law. If you had, you would see that "gestational age" is used appropriately and correctly. You would also see that conception is also clearly defined in the legislation, and it is used as accurately as a doctor uses it.

But don't let that truth get in your way. Take the word of idiots who have no clue instead. God forbid you should read and see for yourself.

All of this was explained in another topic to the very same players who are now pretending all over again that the Arizona legislature says life begins two weeks before conception. It is not only a blatant lie, it is a deliberate, willful one. They know they are lying and deceiving.

i , um, never stated it was "made up", all i said was that Gestational age was when you righties where saying when life began...

Reading it helps...

No. That is not what the law says. The law is not saying life begins two weeks before conception. And that is why you will never see the liars quote the part that says so. Because they know they are lying.

Read the law. See for yourself.

I defy ANYONE who is repeating or claiming the law says life begins two weeks before conception to quote the part of the law that says that.

Go ahead. Prove it. Assholes.

You are liars. Or weak-minded parrots repeating a lie instead of investigating it for truthfulness.

Forum List

Back