AZ passes law saying life beings pre-conception

I thought liberals believed in science?

Technically, a sperm and egg are living things. Just like our blood cells are living things. And plants are living. And fruit flies. And grass. And a cockroach. It depends on your definition of "life" I suppose. Is a sperm or egg a human life yet? No, I dont think so. But it is "life".

But then again...liberals have historically supported or even advocated the idea of eugenics, so it's not suprising they are anti-life.

You are absolutely correct! I think the law should take effect even earlier. Life begins at the point of female arousal!
And mowing your lawn constitutes abortion! Great point! Because Liberal vegetarians like plants and so plants must be Liberal. Glad you left out bears though - that would piss off the Romney kids and of course Ted Nugent.

Hold on. Based on that logic, masturbation would be abortion!

What are your thoughts on that, Conservs?

Absolutely. Everytime I jerk off, I am killing millions. I should be given the death penalty. I am worse than hitler... Everybody guy is who isn't a monk. :cuckoo:

False OP fails.

Don't trust slanted rags for your news.
Read the bill.

Here are the definitions outlined in the bill.
I'll paste real slow.

"Conception" means the fusion of a human spermatozoon with a human ovum.

"Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

"Pregnant" or "pregnancy" means a female reproductive condition of having a developing unborn child in the body and that begins with conception.

Can anyone find where the bill attempts to define when "life begins"??

That's what I thought.

/

You seem rather excited about this... :eusa_whistle:

Today Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill that will radically redefine when life begins for an unborn child.

A State Senate amendment to the bill, H.B. 2036, states that a fetus’ life starts not at conception, but up to two weeks before then—“from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.”

The controversial language is part of a plan seeking to ban abortions after a fetus is 20 weeks old. Abortion-rights advocates say the new definition would essentially make the prohibition take effect at 18 weeks, not 20 weeks.

The law is expected to take effect in late July, 90 days after the close of the current legislative session.

AllGov - News - Arizona Law Declares Life Begins before Conception: Update

Shall I repeat the question?

/ No thank you.

You're claiming the article is false yet your post does not show it to be false...

A State Senate amendment to the bill, H.B. 2036, states that a fetus’ life starts not at conception, but up to two weeks before then—“from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.”

Also;

Attachments

• $simplicity.jpg
    $simplicity.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 55
A measure signed by Gov. Jan Brewer will bar most abortions in Arizona after 20 weeks of pregnancy, a ban supporters say protects both mothers and fetuses but one that abortion-rights advocates say is among the most restrictive in the nation.

It bans all abortions after 20 weeks except in a “medical emergency” where an abortion would prevent the mother’s death or “substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function.”

Seven states have similar restrictions.

The bill signed into law Thursday makes other changes to abortion regulations, including the requirement of an ultrasound 24 hours before the procedure. The law becomes effective 90 days after the Legislature ends its session, which is likely to occur later this month.

Current law allows abortions up until the point of viability, when a fetus could reasonably survive on its own outside the womb. That’s considered by many medical experts and abortion clinics to be from 22 to 24 weeks. Current law also allows abortions beyond that to protect the “life or health of the woman” but doesn’t define health.

Brewer signs bill banning most abortions after 20 weeks - News from The Arizona Republic

However, the Court ruled that narrower state laws regulating abortion might be sufficiently important to be constitutional. For example, because the medical community finds that the human fetus might be "viable" ("capable of meaningful life") outside the mother's womb after six months of growth, a state might constitutionally protect a fetus from abortions in the third trimester of pregnancy, as long as it permitted an exception to save the life of the mother. Additionally, because second- and third-trimester abortions present more health risks to the mother, the state might regulate certain aspects of abortions related to maternal health after three months of pregnancy. In the first trimester, however, a state's interests in regulating abortions can never be found "important" enough. Such abortions are thus exclusively for the patient and her doctor to govern.

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade (1973) | PBS

the allegedly 'small government GOP'er Jan Brewer has signed into law saying, essentially, life begins two weeks before conception.

so now, every time you ovulate...congrats you're a mom.

nutters...

the statute...one of the most disgusting i've ever read.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2r/adopted/s.2036jud.pdf

Yup. AND nobody believed me when I posted saying so.

And what about your disbelievers? Care to offer up a comment?

Last edited:
False OP fails.

Read the bill.

I'll paste real slow.

"Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

"Pregnant" or "pregnancy" means a female reproductive condition of having a developing unborn child in the body and that begins with conception.

That's what I thought.

/

Ah so we need to play the "literal word game" in order to have a point.

Anyways any dumbass can see that the underline defines the bold.

Thank you for playing, now go play with your marbles.

Gee wiz that "whore teaser" routine sounds awful familiar........... :eusa_clap:

Let's take away the food stamps and let folks starve, but make them bring all life to term. Sounds like Hitler.

False OP fails.

Read the bill.

I'll paste real slow.

That's what I thought.

/

Ah so we need to play the "literal word game" in order to have a point.

Anyways any dumbass can see that the underline defines the bold.

Thank you for playing, now go play with your marbles.

It appears that he quoted the actual Bill, dumbass.

Need to start preaching that at a young age, like in public schools. Maybe after the prayer.

Last edited:
the allegedly 'small government GOP'er Jan Brewer has signed into law saying, essentially, life begins two weeks before conception.

nutters...

Whoever wrote that can't read very well. Don't freak out, but every fetus has what is called a gestational age. Whether or not a person calls it a baby, fetus or unwanted problem, it's a living thing and the doctors determine gestational age by the last menstrual period. "Unborn baby" is just another word for fetus, though some would prefer we call them tumors or warts. They are not saying it is a viable fetus (or that life begins at that point), so chill out. I think some should avoid medical facts because it forces them to understand things they'd rather not know or can't handle.

From the actual bill.
4. "Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

In order to perform safe abortions, it is necessary to be fairly accurate as to the gestational age. Abortions after 20 weeks are more risky and the baby can feel pain. I don't know why anyone would wait that long. The last argument I heard was that the morning after pill should be more readily available so a woman wouldn't have to wait.

This is just some people trying to continue the fictional war on women and it's getting old. No one is stopping women from having abortions.

Last edited:

nutters...

Whoever wrote that can't read very well. Don't freak out, but a fetus has what is called a gestational age. Whether or not a person calls it a baby, fetus or unwanted problem, it's a living thing and the doctors determine gestational age by the last menstrual period. They are not saying it is a viable fetus at that point, so chill out. I think some should avoid medical facts because it forces them to understand things they'd rather not know.

From the actual bill.
4. "Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

In order to perform safe abortions, it is necessary to be fairly accurate as to the gestational age. Abortions after 20 weeks are more risky and the baby can feel pain. I don't know why anyone would wait that long. The last argument I heard was that the morning after pill should be more readily available so a woman wouldn't have to wait.

This is just some people trying to continue the fictional war on women and it's getting old. No one is stopping women from having abortions.

Really? They're not? How about South Dakota, where only one abortionist remains available in the entire state, and the woman has to consult with an 'anti-abortionist' pregnancy center. However, there ARE no such centers in SD. Therefore, everybody has to leave the state. Of the 36% of out-of-state women getting abortion in ND, most are from SD.

That's just one example.

I thought liberals believed in science?

Technically, a sperm and egg are living things. Just like our blood cells are living things. And plants are living. And fruit flies. And grass. And a cockroach. It depends on your definition of "life" I suppose. Is a sperm or egg a human life yet? No, I dont think so. But it is "life".

But then again...liberals have historically supported or even advocated the idea of eugenics, so it's not suprising they are anti-life.

Wait a minute, a sperm or an egg on their own does not constitute life.

It would be like trying to tell me that an axle is a car.

Bacteria are life silly. so everytime you use antibacterial soap you are aborting millions of lives.

nutters...

Whoever wrote that can't read very well. Don't freak out, but a fetus has what is called a gestational age. Whether or not a person calls it a baby, fetus or unwanted problem, it's a living thing and the doctors determine gestational age by the last menstrual period. They are not saying it is a viable fetus at that point, so chill out. I think some should avoid medical facts because it forces them to understand things they'd rather not know.

From the actual bill.

Really? They're not? How about South Dakota, where only one abortionist remains available in the entire state, and the woman has to consult with an 'anti-abortionist' pregnancy center. However, there ARE no such centers in SD. Therefore, everybody has to leave the state. Of the 36% of out-of-state women getting abortion in ND, most are from SD.

That's just one example.

And if the right wingers have their way they will soon have to go to Canada or Mexico.
And will have to get a passport for their fetus.

A big run on vasectomys I would think.
And a sterility registration on the net so you could verify your prospective playmate is not going to get you pregnant.

www.ibeenclipped.com

A million dollar idea there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back