AZ passes law saying life beings pre-conception

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
I thought liberals believed in science?

Technically, a sperm and egg are living things. Just like our blood cells are living things. And plants are living. And fruit flies. And grass. And a cockroach. It depends on your definition of "life" I suppose. Is a sperm or egg a human life yet? No, I dont think so. But it is "life".

But then again...liberals have historically supported or even advocated the idea of eugenics, so it's not suprising they are anti-life.

Well, I think that the GOP should push it in every state. Really should help them in November.

i know. it should help them greatly with women voters. :D

you know... they rant and rave and say how they're the party of small government and fiscal conservatism, but seems the second they're given an ounce of power, they go off into rabid religious zealot mode.

someone really needs to tell them that normal people really don't think like they do.

Technically, a sperm and egg are living things. Just like our blood cells are living things. And plants are living. And fruit flies. And grass. And a cockroach. It depends on your definition of "life" I suppose. Is a sperm or egg a human life yet? No, I dont think so. But it is "life".

But then again...liberals have historically supported or even advocated the idea of eugenics, so it's not suprising they are anti-life.

You are absolutely correct! I think the law should take effect even earlier. Life begins at the point of female arousal!
And mowing your lawn constitutes abortion! Great point! Because Liberal vegetarians like plants and so plants must be Liberal. Glad you left out bears though - that would piss off the Romney kids and of course Ted Nugent.

Hold on. Based on that logic, masturbation would be abortion!

What are your thoughts on that, Conservs?

define "life", a life begins, so it can live in poverty, and society condemn the mother for having the child, in the first place. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I think the state should get it's nose outta statesmen personal life.

That is a bit of a stretch, but it gives me pause to reflect on the beauty and sanctity of human procreation.

I've got four (count 'em, 4) chilluns and oh what a bountiful miracle they are each and every one.

#2 cum pop man is married two years now and I'm hoping his wife (my daughter in law) will ovulate 2 weeks prior to my son planting his seed that will hopefully find purchase, benefiting myself a grandchild.

Family isn't legislated, it's relegated- by the likes of me and my fellow ejaculators.

I like you Boopers, but you really shouldn't turn a beutiful event into such a poli-ceptic notion.

Well, I think that the GOP should push it in every state. Really should help them in November.

i know. it should help them greatly with women voters. :D

you know... they rant and rave and say how they're the party of small government and fiscal conservatism, but seems the second they're given an ounce of power, they go off into rabid religious zealot mode.

someone really needs to tell them that normal people really don't think like they do.

Looks like the Grand Old Party is determined to blow this election based on some phony version of "conservatism" they want to try and force upon us...........

Roe v. Wade (1973)

The Court ruled that the states were forbidden from outlawing or regulating any aspect of abortion performed during the first trimester of pregnancy, could only enact abortion regulations reasonably related to maternal health in the second and third trimesters, and could enact abortion laws protecting the life of the fetus only in the third trimester. Even then, an exception had to be made to protect the life of the mother.

In a 7-2 decision written by Justice Harry Blackmun (who was chosen because of his prior experience as counsel to the Mayo Clinic), the Court ruled that the Texas statute violated Jane Roe's constitutional right to privacy. The Court argued that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws and cited past cases ruling that marriage, contraception, and child rearing are activities covered in this "zone of privacy." The Court then argued that the "zone of privacy" was "broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." This decision involved myriad physical, psychological, and economic stresses a pregnant woman must face.

Because abortions lie within a pregnant woman's "zone of privacy," the abortion decision "and its effectuation" are fundamental rights that are protected by the Constitution from regulation by the states...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade (1973) | PBS

Wait a minute, a sperm or an egg on their own does not constitute life.

It would be like trying to tell me that an axle is a car.

ITS NOT ANTI-LIFE ITS PRO SELF. STINGY LIKE CONSERVATIVES.

False OP fails.

Don't trust slanted rags for your news.
Read the bill.

Here are the definitions outlined in the bill.
I'll paste real slow.

"Conception" means the fusion of a human spermatozoon with a human ovum.

"Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

"Pregnant" or "pregnancy" means a female reproductive condition of having a developing unborn child in the body and that begins with conception.

Can anyone find where the bill attempts to define when "life begins"??

That's what I thought.

/

False OP fails.

Read the bill.

I'll paste real slow.

"Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

"Pregnant" or "pregnancy" means a female reproductive condition of having a developing unborn child in the body and that begins with conception.

That's what I thought.

/

You seem rather excited about this... :eusa_whistle:

Today Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill that will radically redefine when life begins for an unborn child.

A State Senate amendment to the bill, H.B. 2036, states that a fetus’ life starts not at conception, but up to two weeks before then—“from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.”

The controversial language is part of a plan seeking to ban abortions after a fetus is 20 weeks old. Abortion-rights advocates say the new definition would essentially make the prohibition take effect at 18 weeks, not 20 weeks.

The law is expected to take effect in late July, 90 days after the close of the current legislative session.

AllGov - News - Arizona Law Declares Life Begins before Conception: Update

False OP fails.

Read the bill.

I'll paste real slow.

That's what I thought.

/

You seem rather excited about this... :eusa_whistle:

Today Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill that will radically redefine when life begins for an unborn child.

A State Senate amendment to the bill, H.B. 2036, states that a fetus’ life starts not at conception, but up to two weeks before then—“from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.”

The controversial language is part of a plan seeking to ban abortions after a fetus is 20 weeks old. Abortion-rights advocates say the new definition would essentially make the prohibition take effect at 18 weeks, not 20 weeks.

The law is expected to take effect in late July, 90 days after the close of the current legislative session.

AllGov - News - Arizona Law Declares Life Begins before Conception: Update

Shall I repeat the question?

life begins with the first breath of air, or at any other time YOU need it too.

Last edited:

You are absolutely correct! I think the law should take effect even earlier. Life begins at the point of female arousal!
And mowing your lawn constitutes abortion! Great point! Because Liberal vegetarians like plants and so plants must be Liberal. Glad you left out bears though - that would piss off the Romney kids and of course Ted Nugent.

Hold on. Based on that logic, masturbation would be abortion!

What are your thoughts on that, Conservs?

Oddly enough, I see the truth of both these posts.

Alas, we humans cannot bear grass, cockroaches, or vegetables. We can only replicate ourselves. Yet humans, for the sake of the Liberal agenda, are debased to such classes- out of the convenience of their own downfallings.

Forum List

Back