AZ Law and Carrying Identification

How does that change what I am saying will happen?

It is a law that makes it a requiredment for American people to carry proof of citizenship papers.

The people who this will be an impact on are not blue eyed and blonde haired.

They will be people like me who have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes and Olive skin.

The funny thing is Im like 8th generation Irish, german, english.

I tan like a muther in the summer.

If I went to Arizona this summer I would have to take my "papers" with me or risk spending a day or two in immigratin detention. My hubby will get a pass with his beautiful bright blue eyes and paler skin.

Now do you realize why this will FUCK Arizona and rightfully so?

No it doesn't require citizens to carry proof of citizship, damn you one stupid fuck!!

Read the damn bill and tell me where it states that it requires "American people to carry proof of citizenship papers"!

I never thought I would ever see anyone as stupid as you are.
How else would you prove you're a citizen?

First show me where it states in SB1070 that citizens must provide proof of citizenship and then I'll tell you how you can prove you're a citizen.

NO third generation Americans who look latino or are latino can be asked for documentation of their citizenship status on point of contact.

if they can not proove they are citizens they will be taken to immigration officials and detained and deported unless they prove they are Americans.

You can pretend it aint true but that does nothing to help these BROWN US citizens who will be harassed in their own coutnry for not carrying their "brown in Arizona" papers at all times.

Yeah, how terrible it is to require people to carry their id with them at all times. Worse, to require immigrants to carry their green cards with them. If you are 3rd generation and you can't speak English you should probably be deported anyway, but of course, you will be able to show your birth certificate and prove your citizenship and you won't be expelled from this country.

BULLSHIT

how often do you carry your SS card and your birth certificate?

Never, but if I am traveling this country I will be sure to take it with me, especially when I go through Arizona.

My husband has a little mini card sized birth certificate which he carries with him at all times.

I don't have a green card...guess I'm in trouble.

BULLSHIT

Never, but if I am traveling this country I will be sure to take it with me, especially when I go through Arizona.

My husband has a little mini card sized birth certificate which he carries with him at all times.

I don't have a green card...guess I'm in trouble.

If you are a legal non-citizen, then yes you are, because it is a violation of the law

BULLSHIT

my ss card is in my wallet along with my dl...call me daring....

and so is my helathcare card, auto insurance card...a couple of credit cards...my professional license...and when i was at university my picture id....

no when i lived in danmark i carried my passport everywhere along with my student visa and my dl....

BULLSHIT

and so is my helathcare card, auto insurance card...a couple of credit cards...my professional license...and when i was at university my picture id....

no when i lived in danmark i carried my passport everywhere along with my student visa and my dl....
Sucker. Only a moron carries around their social security card. It's inviting someone to steal your identity.

BULLSHIT

Sucker. Only a moron carries around their social security card. It's inviting someone to steal your identity.

wouldn't they have to steal my wallet first....

Yep. But that isn't all that difficult.

Advice from the SSA since the beginning of time:

Be careful with your Social Security card and number

Show your card to your employer when you start a job so your records are correct. Provide your Social Security number to your financial institution(s) for tax reporting purposes. Keep your card and any other document that shows your Social Security number on it in a safe place. DO NOT routinely carry your card or other documents that display your number.

Show your card to your employer when you start a job so your records are correct. Provide your Social Security number to your financial institution(s) for tax reporting purposes. Keep your card and any other document that shows your Social Security number on it in a safe place. DO NOT routinely carry your card or other documents that display your number.

how does living in fear work for you?

how does living in fear work for you?
I don't. Which is why I'd happily go to Arizona and get busted for not being able to prove I'm a citizen. Seems to me you are the one that lives in fear, carrying around your identity papers.

Do you also carry your birth certificate?

BULLSHIT

In Japan, we didn't carry our passports. The hotel took them when we checked in and didn't give them back until we checked out.

BULLSHIT

Oh, yeah, like they aren't already stealing our ss#.....

BULLSHIT

You still wont have to carry those documents.
Federal law already requires resident aliens to carry registration documents. SB 1070 makes it a state crime to violate the federal law. The law doesn't apply to "those born and raised in the Grand Canyon State" because they are obviously citizens. The law also lists documents that provide a presumption of citizenship one of which is a Driver's License. There is no need for citizens to carry their birth certificate or passport. Once again, if you read the explanation in Sunday's Republic, you will see how incorrect the editorial is.
Arizona's Own Espresso Pundit: Consider the Source

Instead of listening to and regurgitating LW talking points, you might want to research the actual bill.

BULLSHIT

Federal law already requires resident aliens to carry registration documents. SB 1070 makes it a state crime to violate the federal law. The law doesn't apply to "those born and raised in the Grand Canyon State" because they are obviously citizens. The law also lists documents that provide a presumption of citizenship one of which is a Driver's License. There is no need for citizens to carry their birth certificate or passport. Once again, if you read the explanation in Sunday's Republic, you will see how incorrect the editorial is.

Instead of listening to and regurgitating LW talking points, you might want to research the actual bill.

Jeff is right, plus if you are pulled over in your vehicle by any law enforcement person,
you may get a ticket for not having your license on you, but you can go to court and
show that you have the document but forgot it or whatever. Charges will be dismissed.
Illegal aliens would probably never show up to court - so a bench warrant (arrest
warrant) would be issued for them.

However, an officer can check your status right from his car. He won't write the illegal
a ticket - he'll arrest them. But most illegals aren't driving in the US. They are
transported by others and kept in 'safe houses' and moved by others until they get
to their destinations in NYC or wherever.

'how often do you carry your SS card and your birth certificate?'

I carry my driver's license, SS, auto registration, proof of insurance.....and now maybe my passport and/or b/c. I expect the ILLEGALS to do the same!!!

BULLSHIT

Jeff is right, plus if you are pulled over in your vehicle by any law enforcement person,
you may get a ticket for not having your license on you, but you can go to court and
show that you have the document but forgot it or whatever. Charges will be dismissed.
Illegal aliens would probably never show up to court - so a bench warrant (arrest
warrant) would be issued for them.

However, an officer can check your status right from his car. He won't write the illegal
a ticket - he'll arrest them. But most illegals aren't driving in the US. They are
transported by others and kept in 'safe houses' and moved by others until they get
to their destinations in NYC or wherever.

The problem in my state, and several others is that they give illegals driver's licenses.

Forum List

Back