Ayn Rand's Ideal Man Kidnaped, Murdered and Mutilated a Child:

There are a lot of long words in there, Miss; we're naught but humble pirates. What is it that you want?

Interesting assessment. My reaction to reading the book (eons past) was I liked the story for it's entertainment value, that would seem to dampen your diametrically opposed "observation" with no "in between". As for any dissection of a writer and or that writers work, the inclination of each individual involved in such an endeavor reads heavily on the apprehension of said writer and or work. As an example your interjection of the final paragraph in your post is presumptuous at best, seemingly predicated upon illiberality.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Sorry about the long words. Which of them are a problem?

Sense of irony broken?

Could somebody provide the reference to the Novel or Short Story in which Rand features a sociopathic child killer as the hero?

I haven't managed to come across that one in Rand's works.

Last edited:
Saying that is meaningless. What can you show to support it?

[...]

:eusa_eh:

I already showed quotes from the link that refuted it. Seriously, dude. What is wrong with you?
I doubt that you did. And even if you did, do it again. Otherwise there is cause to dismiss your meaningless comments as fabricated nonsense.

It was your thread and your link you dingbat! :lol:

Damn, some of you people are really stupid. You make rdean and truthmatters look smart.

Rand wanted the hero of her novel to be "A Hickman with a purpose. And without the degeneracy. It is more exact to say that the model is not Hickman, but what Hickman suggested to me."

And that's the problem. When you really take Ayn Rand's ideals into the real world, you find it is the ideals of sociopaths.

That's incredibly stupid logic. I guess we can say everyone who believes the political philosophy of the far left are domestic terrorists because Bill Ayers bombed a bunch of buildings 40 years ago.

Taz you know dam well that isnt the same thing no matter how far you stretch.

How many threads or members are here touting how great Ayn Rands ideals are?

How many threads or members are here touting how great Bill Ayers ideals are?

Which number is greater? Doesnt that matter?

That's the EFFing dishonesty of the RWers.

I USED to think Taz was an Independent...he's not. He's just another RW Republican ashamed to claim it since Bush.

It would take a Mangina like Ayn Ran to hold these GD psychopaths and murderers as their ideal men.

Absolutely sickening!!

*spits*

Well for starters its not like Ayn Rand was a terrorist or killed anyone. [...]
No. But she did express adoring admiration for the essential nature of a man whose personal philosophy held it is perfectly okay to abduct then cold-bloodedly murder and dismember a twelve year-old girl.

That is cause to seriously examine the form of objectivism she puts forth and so many seem eager to espouse.

:eusa_eh:

I already showed quotes from the link that refuted it. Seriously, dude. What is wrong with you?
I doubt that you did. And even if you did, do it again. Otherwise there is cause to dismiss your meaningless comments as fabricated nonsense.

It was your thread and your link you dingbat! :lol:

Damn, some of you people are really stupid. You make rdean and truthmatters look smart.

Rand wanted the hero of her novel to be "A Hickman with a purpose. And without the degeneracy. It is more exact to say that the model is not Hickman, but what Hickman suggested to me."

OK, tell us what part of a serial killer who dismembered a young girl and gave the girls father her head should we view as being a superman, his heart, his mind, his soul?

:lol: Do you not know how to read?

Yes, Virginia. There is a Santa Claus.

obama's mentors were terrorist at one time in their life and some are unrepentant.

:lol: Do you not know how to read?

obama's mentors were terrorist at one time in their life and some are unrepentant.
While Ayles' radical political activities were subject to question he harmed no one. The fact is nothing Ayles did compares in any way to what Hickman did, nor does Obama regard Ayles as a personal ideal. So you really are stretching to make a point.

Well for starters its not like Ayn Rand was a terrorist or killed anyone. [...]
No. But she did express adoring admiration for the essential nature of a man whose personal philosophy held it is perfectly okay to abduct then cold-bloodedly murder and dismember a twelve year-old girl.

That sounds much like the Jewish ritual murder in which rabbis abduct gentile children and slit their throats while they hang by their feet, and use the draining blood as an ingredient in the Passover unleavened bread. It's in the Talmud.

That is cause to seriously examine the form of objectivism she puts forth and so many seem eager to espouse.

And that is cause to arrest and execute any rabbi found performing such acts on innocent children.

While Ayles' radical political activities were subject to question he harmed no one. The fact is nothing Ayles did compares in any way to what Hickman did, nor does Obama regard Ayles as a personal ideal. So you really are stretching to make a point.

Do you mean "Ayers?" He bombed some buildings and did other subversive acts, I believe.

Ayn describes her superman...William Hickman

aynrand.jpg

"Other people have no right, no hold, no interest or influence on him. And this is not affected or chosen -- it's inborn, absolute, it can't be changed, he has 'no organ' to be otherwise. In this respect, he has the true, innate psychology of a Superman. He can never realize and feel 'other people.' "

"He shows how impossible it is for a genuinely beautiful soul to succeed at present, for in all [aspects of] modern life, one has to be a hypocrite, to bend and tolerate. This boy wanted to command and smash away things and people he didn't approve of."

"And when we look at the other side of it -- there is a brilliant, unusual, exceptional boy turned into a purposeless monster. By whom? By what? Is it not by that very society that is now yelling so virtuously in its role of innocent victim? He had a brilliant mind, a romantic, adventurous, impatient soul and a straight, uncompromising, proud character. What had society to offer him? A wretched, insane family as the ideal home, a Y.M.C.A. club as social honor, and a bank-page job as ambition and career"

William Edward Hickman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You do REALIZE don't you that what she is describing as SUPERMAN, is a sociopathic personality, right?

A person who has no capacity to empathize or sympathize is a SOCIOPATH, folks.

THAT's what Rand thinks is the IDEAL citizen.

An unthinking, uncaring selfish person who will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to achieve PERSONAL success.

She loves what most of us would recognize as a MONSTER.

We are proud to be called sociopathic monsters. Thank you.

:cuckoo::eusa_liar:

Forum List

Back