Ayn Rand calls for seperation of corporations and state

If you think the program will exist in its current form when you retire, you are terminally naive.

However you want to look at it. I'm not concerned with what the Supreme Court's position on it is. All I know is that when I reach retirement age, you're damn fucking right I'm going to recoup benefits that I've paid taxes on my entire working life.

But I'd just as soon opt out of the fucking programs RIGHT NOW and cut my losses.

If you think the program will exist in its current form when you retire, you are terminally naive.

However you want to look at it. I'm not concerned with what the Supreme Court's position on it is. All I know is that when I reach retirement age, you're damn fucking right I'm going to recoup benefits that I've paid taxes on my entire working life.

But I'd just as soon opt out of the fucking programs RIGHT NOW and cut my losses.

Listen man... It's less about actually recouping them, then it is the principle of the matter, which is that if I pay payroll tax all my life, I have every reason in the world to expect the benefits without having to feel like a hypocrite.

But your point is noted, and is the reason why I'd like to legalize opting out of the programs in much the same way a military member might opt out of the GI Bill.

Listen man... It's less about actually recouping them, then it is the principle of the matter, which is that if I pay payroll tax all my life, I have every reason in the world to expect the benefits without having to feel like a hypocrite.

But your point is noted, and is the reason why I'd like to legalize opting out of the programs in much the same way a military member might opt out of the GI Bill.

If you actually expect to get the benefits you pay in you have no idea how the system actually works. Social Security has always been a "Pay as you go" system, the money you are paying in is not set aside for you, it is used to pay current beneficiaries. If you actually want to discuss SS you should at least start from a position of reality, then I do not have to waste time pointing out that you are not actually entitled to anything until your kids and grandkids start paying into the system.

Forum List

Back