Axl Rose - What the hell happened?

Grace Slick, when asked why she wouldn't re-join Starship for a reunion tour said; "Nothing looks more pathetic than a bunch of old guys on stage playing Rock music".

That being said;

Warren Haynes of Gov't Mule and Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society aren't young and aint exactly "slim jims" but they're still kickin' ass.

I saw Billy Idol last year. My girlfriend didn't want to go because she thought it would be sad to see a formerly great performer a washed up has been on stage.

Well she couldn't be more wrong. Billy Idol sounded better then when I saw him during his "Rebel Yell" heyday. He was incredibly fit, in fact he performed shirtless for the last half of the show. His voice was much better then I remembered. He did alot of Gen X stuff. And Steve Stevens was amazing. Actually..he was also much friendlier then before and very generous to the audience. He did a great ovation.

My girlfriend was very happy she went.

Grace Slick = Drunk Mouth.... :razz:

I always hated Axil's nerdy dance besides. Other bands in that era were much hotter.

I know they're pretty much their own tribute band now, but the Rolling Stones have done a nice job of making their age a non-issue by playing it up.
There are no airbrushed posters or hats hiding bald spots.

I know they're pretty much their own tribute band now, but the Rolling Stones have done a nice job of making their age a non-issue by playing it up.
There are no airbrushed posters or hats hiding bald spots.

I was thinking that too. They're always fun to watch.

my husband has made fun of me...says it is like watching at 15 yr old fall in love with axl

i didnt pay much attention to guns & roses till someone posted welcome to the jungle as a theme song for this board...and i got hooked.....hubby points out i am hooked on a 20 yr old axl who obviously does not exist...still might have been fun...but two hours late....o hell no...i dont wait that long for anyone

I always hated Axil's nerdy dance besides. Other bands in that era were much hotter.

You don't really understand the appeal then. Those bands made us guys wince. We were like into Motorhead and Wasp..but the girlies weren't. They loved Ratt and Poison.

Hairspray and lipstick stuff.

Guns and Roses were somewhere in between. They got the whole LA/East Village thing down and channeled stuff like the New York Dolls/Sex Pistols really well. They looked good but they didn't look like women. So guys could feel comfortable "liking" them. And their music was pretty tough too. Heck..they even opened for Metallica until Mr. Rose did a snit fit after the accident.

You don't really understand the appeal then. Those bands made us guys wince. We were like into Motorhead and Wasp..but the girlies weren't. They loved Ratt and Poison.

Hairspray and lipstick stuff.

Guns and Roses were somewhere in between. They got the whole LA/East Village thing down and channeled stuff like the New York Dolls/Sex Pistols really well. They looked good but they didn't look like women. So guys could feel comfortable "liking" them. And their music was pretty tough too. Heck..they even opened for Metallica until Mr. Rose did a snit fit after the accident.

That dance was laughable. He'd put one foot out to the side then the other. He kept doing that, it was terrible.

I like my men to look good on the dance floor, he had a few good songs but you're right, too heavy for me.

Forum List

Back