Axis and Allies

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
First of all, any players around here? Good fun, played about 5 or 6 games I would say, finished one or two of them, heh heh. Its takes forever, especially when you have 5 aspiring strategic geniouses playing. Worth every second spent playing though.

Second, what do you interpret the pieces to be, as far as real-life counterparts? I've been debating the pieces to be either regiments or divisions (for the plastic infantry pieces). Kind of a lame thing to post about, but, a little common grounded conversation is never bad, right?

First of all, any players around here? Good fun, played about 5 or 6 games I would say, finished one or two of them, heh heh. Its takes forever, especially when you have 5 aspiring strategic geniouses playing. Worth every second spent playing though.

Second, what do you interpret the pieces to be, as far as real-life counterparts? I've been debating the pieces to be either regiments or divisions (for the plastic infantry pieces). Kind of a lame thing to post about, but, a little common grounded conversation is never bad, right?

Since Axis and Allies is semi-strategic I would call the infantry pieces corps or higher.

Fun to play.

Since Axis and Allies is semi-strategic I would call the infantry pieces corps or higher.

Fun to play.

Corps or higher? Thats a hell of a lot. Considering I usually consider a good group to be one infantry on top of a red chip (6 infantry altogether). Not to mention once or twice my brother pulled an all-out retreat to Moscow, and had a stack of red chips literally an inch off the table. Interesting perspective though...I guess it doesnt really matter as long as the allies win :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back