Axelrod fumbles: Obama doesn’t have a plan to save Social Security

then why did robmoney kill companies for money wether they were union or not?

Social security is not sustainable. For one thing, we don't have a workforce to support social security payments and the work force that we are moving towards is to a majority of low paid, low level service workers who can't possibly hope to support social security.
Republicans want to have a system where people can invest their money into whatever retirement plan they choose. Someday, except for a thin safety net, Social Security will be replaced. For those people who have social security and private investment income, which pays more? If given the option, most people, or intelligent people at least, would choose private investment over government confiscation. For those that prefer the pittance of social security, they will be able to choose the same method already used.

Sure it is.

Once the Republicans are out..we will bring back high tech jobs to the US. Enough with this outsourcing nonsense.

Outsourcing happens when unions price themselves out of a job with unreasonable demands.

Outsourcing happens when the government creates a favorable environment to do so.

There's no way American employees can compete with a 50 cent an hour rate. And there's no way to convince greedy corporate heads that making use of those folks will damage our own economy. It all has to be done through the tax code and regulation.

your partys plan is to kill SS

No dummy! The plan is to fundamentally change Social Security.
You were fine when it was obama vowing to fundamentally change the whole damned country, weren't you?

yes they want to kill it.

every plan they come up with kills SS

You scrap cars that are too far broken to repair. Then replace them with a newer, improved model.
A private retirement account just makes sense.

I'm retired and am collecting about $19,500/year in SS benefits. Had in stead of my employer and I been paying a portion of my income into the black hole called the US Treasury, we had been putting that money in a saving plan at a modest 5% interest, I could draw out $46,000/year and leave a million to my kids when I die from obamacare related malpractice.

Why the hell should we support a failing system that cannot sustain itself?

I'll tell you why!

If our contributions went into private accounts in stead of the black hole, Liberals couldn't spend it to buy the votes of their protected minority du jour.

Why do Republicans view every American social program as unfixable and always ready to annouce the program as unfixable unless the program is privatized and turned over to corporations? Even Reagan agreed to fix Social Security. Wonder if he was a different type of Republican than today's?
It's probably true, that someday we may have to reduce the number and scope of our wars, maybe even put a limit on the years for each of the wars that are unwinnable, say ten years and out? I for one would rather have strengthened Social Security and medical care than had Vietnam or Iraq.
Still that Bush landing on the aircraft carrier with the Mission Accomplished banner was impressive, needless but impressive.

Axelrod fumbles: Obama doesn't have a plan to save Social Security Independent Journal Review

So, basically he saying they are going to kick the can until they cant anymore like they have with medicare. Gotcha

Of course he doesn't have a plan. Do they just believe it's going to continue forever and never collapse? Yes, they do. The Republicans are the only ones who seem to have a viable plan in the US today. Sure raising the retirement age, increasing taxes and reducing benefits would help some, but this is not enough. But do you ever see a Democrat propose this? Of course not. And the returns are so pathetic. Why can't people opt-out of the plan if they want?

This monster of an unfunded welfare state that is bankrupting Europe and eventually will bankrupt the U.S. is ridiculous. I prefer a more free-market system like the one in Chile. It relies on personal responsibility and is completely run by private companies. In other words, it puts the power back into the hands of the people and the money is real unlike our current Madoff-scheme that is a default waiting to happen.

Forum List

Back