Axe 'em!

&

☭proletarian☭

Give your list of federal programs that should be axed and why...

Let's see how much of the Fed USMB can think to do away with and how much $ we can save.

I would like to consolidate all the public charity stuff into one public charity board. It seems that there are more administrative staff in all the public charity functions than folks actually on it.

I think HUD needs to go. They brought that in during the Kennedy Administration, and since then the problems it purported to solve and only gotten worse. There is more decay in the center, more sprawl in the suburbs, and housing as a proportion of family income has gone from 20% to 35%

Department of Education needs to be replaced with a simple test with centralized proctors. Plus something similar to the FDIC. Nationwide tests in English and Math. Schools get paid at the end of the year based on how much the kids improve over the course of the year. The 10% of Schools who get the highest level of improvement get 25% of the cash, the schools who get no improvement get nothing. The schools where the kids go backwards get closed and all the staff (including the cooks and janitors) replaced.

The departments of Labor, Energy should get folded back into Commerce and Defense.

BPA and TVA should split into pieces and be sold off.

So failing schools get less money making them fail even further.

Most Failing schools are a Dead end.. So to say.

Let them create new schools, with a better staff and better access to Technology for kids.

It's just like Screaming Eagles said, Like any business.

It might sound harsh, but I can promise you, it will work.

Federal Reserve
IRS
Dept. of Homeland Security
Dept. of Energy
Dept. of Education
CIA or FBI
Dept. of Agriculture
DEA

We can start there I suppose.

Department of Health and Human Services
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Department of Education
Department of Labor
Department of Veterans Affairs
Internal Revenue Service

Pass the Fair Tax

I'd axe every single welfare program.
I would not go that far until the country is back into shape enough for people to support themselves. As a previous single mother with two babes to support I do support giving a helping hand to those who truly need it. The current system needs a revamp with some help by people who have made it out of that trap without selling their soul in the process.

Forum List

Back