Awww... but aren't they sweet?

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
So, after a Swedish newspaper published a picture of (and get this) a purposal from an artist about a purposal of a new circulation-art-dog (I know it is sick) in the form of the prophet Muhammed, Pakistanians decided to torch the Swedish flag!

Like anyone cares?

The flag is supposed to be a golden cross over blue. Sadly enough they only found some greenish cloth. Nevermind. It is the thought that counts!

However, it is a good example of However insecure people are right now.

Gonna watch 'The wall' now.

So, after a Swedish newspaper published a picture of (and get this) a purposal from an artist about a purposal of a new circulation-art-dog (I know it is sick) in the form of the prophet Muhammed, Pakistanians decided to torch the Swedish flag!

Like anyone cares?

The flag is supposed to be a golden cross over blue. Sadly enough they only found some greenish cloth. Nevermind. It is the thought that counts!

However, it is a good example of However insecure people are right now.

Gonna watch 'The wall' now.

I wish I had a few contacts in Pakistan. I know a place I can get every flag in the world, full size (they're ship's suppliers). I could buy them all up and sell them to Pakistan so that they have a store of authentic flags for burning. I know some wouldn't get much of a going over (eg Saudi Arabia) but just think of the money in replacing the Stars and Stripes, the Union flag, the Danish flag, the Swedish flag.....:badgrin:

The way I see it, people are and should remain free to offend the hell out of each other. Although, I think they arent going to get much rise out of too many swedes over burning the swedish flag.....

I dont think its about insecurity though, I think its more related to how emotionally attached people are to religion. I cant relate to that much.

The way I see it, people are and should remain free to offend the hell out of each other. Although, I think they arent going to get much rise out of too many swedes over burning the swedish flag.....

I dont think its about insecurity though, I think its more related to how emotionally attached people are to religion. I cant relate to that much.

Ya that must be it, I mean we see the EXACT same behavior from Christians and Jews and all the other religions of the world.

Ya that must be it, I mean we see the EXACT same behavior from Christians and Jews and all the other religions of the world.

Yes we do see extremist and zealot behavior from christians and jews as well.

They are offended and burned some flags...and this is extreme how exactly? They can burn effigies and all kinds of symbols of Sweden, its their right to do just as its the right of the swedish artist to depict mohammad in a way that offends muslims.

I recall the Israeli diplomat actually attacking a peice of art in a swedish museum that offended the Israelis. People have their emotional reactions to various forms of expression and people whose views arent matching with their own...both political and religious....in fact those two concepts have become so intermingled in most parts of the world its next to impossible to seperate them.

I dont consider what the Israeli ambassador did all that extreme, I dont think he had a right to destroy someone elses work or try to prevent others from seeing it though. I would have preferred he burned symbols instead of trying to actually interfere in someone elses right to speak and express themselves. I would also object to any muslim going and trying to destroy the dog with the picture of mohammads head on it that they are so offended by.

Forum List

Back