awfull teams

I am sure most of you have seen the story about the National Championship Trophy being shattered in Tuscaloosa over the weekend? A player's father tripped and knocked it over.

Which just goes to show, you can't trip in Tuscaloosa without hitting a NC trophy.

I also heard the University of Alabama is sending the shattered remains to LSU, to commemorate how their season ended.

Figures.

A forgettable team.

Bama is notorious for National Championship Inflation.

They claim NCs even for the mostminor polls.

Notre Dame only claims NCs for the major polls they finished #1 .

Last edited:
I am sure most of you have seen the story about the National Championship Trophy being shattered in Tuscaloosa over the weekend? A player's father tripped and knocked it over.

Which just goes to show, you can't trip in Tuscaloosa without hitting a NC trophy.

I also heard the University of Alabama is sending the shattered remains to LSU, to commemorate how their season ended.

Figures.

A forgettable team.

Forgettable? Only one team has ever shut-out their opponent when playing in a BCS Bowl game. You can TRY to forget that, but most folks won't.

I laugh at this sort of nonsense. It is funny to me that you consider the Helms poll valid and then claim the Davis Poll or Dunkel or Houlgate polls are somehow invalid?? lol

But lets forget all the old polls that you want to dispute. Since WWII, Alabama has only claimed NationalChampionships in which they were named that by the AP or the BCS,

In that time Notre Dame has won 7, and Alabama has won 9. The AP has named Notre Dame the NC 8 times and has named Bama 9 times.

Notre Dame's last NC was in 1988. Since that time Alabama has won 3 national Championships.

Oh, and since you claim to put so much weight behind certain polls, its funny that teh AP gave Bama the NC for this last season.

So yeah, we have some trophies around Tuscaloosa. Nice of you to see the humor in my post. But I guess a hater has to try and make stuff up to put the winners down.

Last edited:

Figures.

A forgettable team.

Forgettable? Only one team has ever shut-out their opponent when playing in a BCS Bowl game. You can TRY to forget that, but most folks won't.

I laugh at this sort of nonsense. It is funny to me that you consider the Helms poll valid and then claim the Davis Poll or Dunkel or Houlgate polls are somehow invalid?? lol

But lets forget all the old polls that you want to dispute. Since WWII, Alabama has only claimed NationalChampionships in which they were named that by the AP or the BCS,

In that time Notre Dame has won 7, and Alabama has won 9. The AP has named Notre Dame the NC 8 times and has named Bama 9 times.

Notre Dame's last NC was in 1988. Since that time Alabama has won 3 national Championships.

Oh, and since you claim to put so much weight behind certain polls, its funny that teh AP gave Bama the NC for this last season.

So yeah, we have some trophies around Tuscaloosa. Nice of you to see the humor in my post. But I guess a hater has to try and make stuff up to put the winners down.

ND was awarded the MacArther Bowl in 1964 (#1) - but they didnt claim it as a NC.

I guess they saw how ND got hosed against USC.

They deserved the NC in 93 - they beat Florida St.

(and they beat you guys back-to-back in major bowls games in 74 and75)

Last edited:
Figures.

A forgettable team.

ND was awarded the MacArther Bowl in 1964 (#1) - but they didnt claim it as a NC.

Is reading comprehension a handicap for you? I believe I said something about only using the AP and the BCS since WWII?? Alabama does not claim any championship year since then that was not awarded by the AP.

Yeah, you want to rework old polls but argue when someone else does it. You claim the AP is right when they put Notre Dame on top, but claim they robbed them when they don't.

Again, you beat us in back-to-back bowls almost 40 years ago. Who cares?? If all you have is ancient history, then start a thread about historical football games and leave the recent winnings to those who still win.

Is reading comprehension a handicap for you? I believe I said something about only using the AP and the BCS since WWII?? Alabama does not claim any championship year since then that was not awarded by the AP.

Yeah, you want to rework old polls but argue when someone else does it. You claim the AP is right when they put Notre Dame on top, but claim they robbed them when they don't.

Again, you beat us in back-to-back bowls almost 40 years ago. Who cares?? If all you have is ancient history, then start a thread about historical football games and leave the recent winnings to those who still win.

There was a saying - Bear Bryant was the most important person in Alabama - 2nd was God and third was the governer................

There was a saying - Bear Bryant was the most important person in Alabama - 2nd was God and third was the governer................

Yep.

I'd actually like to see 1 or even 2 games dropped off of the regular season schedule and then have a 16 team tournament taking place during the entire month of December with the championship culminating on the first weekend of January. This format would allow the winners of all the major conferences to participate and even give a chance to a cincerella that had a great year.

I would have the round of 16 be played at the home fields of the higher seeds with the regional games played in bowl games (i.e. Rose bowl for the West region, Pinstripe for the East, Cotton for the South, etc) then the Final Four would be played at 2 seperate sites at major bowls for each semi-final matchup with an even different venue the week after for the final.

You could get alot of the major bowl venues into the tournament and the entire month of December would be wild!

Whether or not my format is ultimately feasible or would ever happen isn't really relevant. But it would be pretty awesome.

When I started High School, I went to a brand new school. Two small high schools were merged into one bigger school. We practiced football all summer long and then lost our very first football game 55-0.

I just can't get into College Football anymore...once they introduce a Playoff Bracket, I'll tune back in

Forum List

Back