Awesome to Be Catholic

If that is the rule in the church sponsored hospital, so be it. The father would have signed in a SECOND, (I KNEW HIM WELL) though I was born in a secular hospital. The tubal ligation was NOT for birth control purposes, rather the danger of the mother becoming pregnant again. Thus I wondered if tubal ligation, FOR medical reasons, was allowed.

Sorry, yes they were both medical conditions.
Thank you. I wondered. Many posts about the Catholic church, but few FACTS. j

And I agree that if spousal agreement is necessary, than that is the institutions right to adhere to their process. It was important to one of my friends to have it done in a Catholic hospital as she wanted to be there in the event of her death.

Sorry, yes they were both medical conditions.
Thank you. I wondered. Many posts about the Catholic church, but few FACTS. j

And I agree that if spousal agreement is necessary, than that is the institutions right to adhere to their process. It was important to one of my friends to have it done in a Catholic hospital as she wanted to be there in the event of her death.
Thanks again; I never thought it as SINFUL, as I knew my parents wanted more children. As an aside to lighten things up-I heard from my father a LOT: "She risked her LIFE to give birth to you!". My snotty "precocious"* grade school kid answer was "ALL WOMAN do". I learned more later on.
*My father's term for my butting in to adult conversations at age 5.

After thinking about this, I'll bet practices vary state to state and hospital system to hospital system. I doubt you'll find a blank process that is considered "the law of the land."

After thinking about this, I'll bet practices vary state to state and hospital system to hospital system. I doubt you'll find a blank process that is considered "the law of the land."
My screen is now off & on, WEIRD weather. I was looking for the view of the Catholic church. Thanks for your help.

Forum List

Back