Awesome to Be Catholic

Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
Great homily by a great priest today in our parish.

Topic was Liberal Catholics and Conservative Catholics. And why there is neither.

Got a reminder – none of the saints were either Liberal or Conservative. And CNN, MSNBC, John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi are no experts in defining a Catholic.

Only the church is.

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

King Obama – you will be remembered in the confessional, and in the election booth by Catholics and Christians nationwide coming up soon.

Maybe the Atheists and Muslims will give you a little boost.

We're not.

Topic was Liberal Catholics and Conservative Catholics. And why there is neither.

Got a reminder – none of the saints were either Liberal or Conservative. And CNN, MSNBC, John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi are no experts in defining a Catholic.

Only the church is.

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

King Obama – you will be remembered in the confessional, and in the election booth by Catholics and Christians nationwide coming up soon.

We're not.

Remember, the RCC is anti-war and anti-death penalty. Do you get on those "cafeteria" lines, too?

CNS STORY: Pope, church leaders call for guaranteed health care for all people
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Pope Benedict XVI and other church leaders said it was the moral responsibility of nations to guarantee access to health care for all of their citizens, regardless of social and economic status or their ability to pay.

Access to adequate medical attention, the pope said in a written message Nov. 18, was one of the "inalienable rights" of man.
In his own written statement, Cardinal Bertone had strong words in support of the need for governments to take care of all citizens, especially children, the elderly, the poor and immigrants.

"Justice requires guaranteed universal access to health care," he said, adding that the provision of minimal levels of medical attention to all is "commonly accepted as a fundamental human right."

Governments are obligated, therefore, to adopt the proper legislative, administrative and financial measures to provide such care along with other basic conditions that promote good health, such as food security, water and housing, the cardinal said.

Private health insurance companies, he said, should conform to human rights legislation and see to it that "privatization not become a threat to the accessibility, availability and quality of health care goods and services."

Cardinal Bertone recommended that government leaders in poor countries use their limited resources wisely and for the good of their citizens.

The governments of richer nations with good health care available should practice more solidarity with their own disadvantaged citizens and help developing countries promote health care while trying to avoid a "paternalistic or humiliating" way of assisting, the cardinal said.

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Pope Benedict XVI and other church leaders said it was the moral responsibility of nations to guarantee access to health care for all of their citizens, regardless of social and economic status or their ability to pay.

Access to adequate medical attention, the pope said in a written message Nov. 18, was one of the "inalienable rights" of man.
In his own written statement, Cardinal Bertone had strong words in support of the need for governments to take care of all citizens, especially children, the elderly, the poor and immigrants.

"Justice requires guaranteed universal access to health care," he said, adding that the provision of minimal levels of medical attention to all is "commonly accepted as a fundamental human right."

Governments are obligated, therefore, to adopt the proper legislative, administrative and financial measures to provide such care along with other basic conditions that promote good health, such as food security, water and housing, the cardinal said.

Private health insurance companies, he said, should conform to human rights legislation and see to it that "privatization not become a threat to the accessibility, availability and quality of health care goods and services."

Cardinal Bertone recommended that government leaders in poor countries use their limited resources wisely and for the good of their citizens.

The governments of richer nations with good health care available should practice more solidarity with their own disadvantaged citizens and help developing countries promote health care while trying to avoid a "paternalistic or humiliating" way of assisting, the cardinal said.

Hence, the Catholic Church runs hospitals.

But, we still won't be paying birth control, sterilizations or abortions. Got that? Good.

But, we still won't be paying birth control, sterilizations or abortions. Got that? Good.

As long as people can get insurance, nobody's going to force them to provide those services.

Insurance is a non-factor. They can't be forced regardless.

Obama could have forced them to but he didn't want to get suckered into a fight so he just bipassed them and has the insurance company providing it directly. But whenever law and religion butt heads, law wins every time.

Did Mohammad Ali get in trouble for not going to Viet Nam?

Can Mormons have two wives?

Can a scientologist employer refuse to pay for medications that they don't approve of? Of course not. But if they were a large enough voting block, I'm sure the GOP would try to make this an issue to win over GOP votes.

Are there that many conservative Catholics left anymore? Haven't most of them died of old age by now? I'm assuming a lot of young Catholics that have sex before marriage, which is all of them, are not siding with the Catholic Church. They use birth control.

And are there even that many Catholics in America anymore? Besides the Hispanic ones becaues the GOP have lost their votes for sure. I mean white Catholics. Because I thought a lot of people left the church after it was discovered that Bishops were raping little boys and the Pope covered it up?

As long as people can get insurance, nobody's going to force them to provide those services.

I think there's an equal protection question here. I don't think their employees should be forced to accept a lesser position than people employed elsewhere. No one would be providing anyone anything but an option. That hardline a position can't stand, IMO.

Can't force us to pay for shit that is against our faith. Says so in that Constitution thing that the left seem to view as an 'obstacle'.... to quote Obama.

Can't force us to pay for shit that is against our faith. Says so in that Constitution thing that the left seem to view as an 'obstacle'.... to quote Obama.

Nobody's compelling anyone to do anything against their faith. I was raised Catholic myself and insurance never came up once as an article of faith. Things like the death penalty, civil rights and war did, however, and were the reasons I was proud to be a Catholic.

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-BE026045.jpg?size=67&uid=57c769f8-ce7e-4b7f-b556-bd8283f1b6c8

OK as long as I got some Catholic's here I got a question. Why do they call the Pope the holy see? Holy see what? I was raised protestant, Lutheran to be exact, so please make your answer as simple as possible.

Only the church is.

We're not.

Okay, I'm not Catholic and you kind of beat up on the liberal Catholics and liberals in general in this post but mention conservative Catholics in passing, but you don't really say what was said about the conservatives.

Inquiry minds want to know.

Immie

I think there's an equal protection question here.

Wrong. Equal protection does not apply. You have no right to a job. Your employer isn't obligated to give you dick. If you don't like what they're offering, then you don't work there. That's how freedom work. I realize that's a foreign concept to people like you

I think there's an equal protection question here.

Wrong. Equal protection does not apply. You have no right to a job. Your employer isn't obligated to give you dick. If you don't like what they're offering, then you don't work there. That's how freedom work. I realize that's a foreign concept to people like you

Sorry, but you can't ignore 100 years of labor law. You seem to think we live in a libertarian utopia, where only the employers opinion counts. That isn't freedom, that's feudalism and you're deluding yourself, if you think your analysis has any basis in reality.

BTW, you know nothing about me :ahole-1: .

Forum List

Back