Away From Indoctrination, On To Education

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
And that means both vouchers and homeschooling.

I'm actually starting to hope that the Trump 'movement' is not just the tip of the iceberg, but represents a groundswell of real Americans rebelling against the doctrines of Hegel, Marx and Rousseau.

1. "Homeschooling Parents Pave the Way to Educational Independence

2. ....it’s important not to forget the rights and freedoms we’ve lost over the years through government overreach, ...

3. ...children are trapped in failing government schools, despite the fact our Founding Fathers never allocated the job of educating our nation’s children to the federal government ....

4. Once compulsory education took hold, government instructed parents how to raise their children and all but forced them to send kids to government-run schools,....

5. ...the tide is finally changing in favor of liberty, and parents are reclaiming their right to educate their children how they see fit. In dozens of states this year alone, there has been an education-choice resurgence, with several bills to establish and/or expand school choice programs successfully signed into law.

6. But nowhere has educational freedom been embraced more fervently than in the homeschooling community, and the booming popularity of the homeschool movement is worthy of the best and brightest fireworks!

7. Why is the homeschooling movement thriving? Could it be because parents, contrary to the misinformation spread by big government, are the most concerned and qualified caretakers of their own offspring?

8. The homeschooling movement is composed of passionate parents who actively seek the best for their children, and it’s a testament to the organic, free-market way the world can and should work.

9. The homeschooling way of life often originates via word of mouth and the old-fashioned way: one client at a time.

10. This Independence Day, be sure to salute the parents who are taking their children’s educations into their own hands, shedding their families of the shackles imposed on them by an intrusive government our Founding Fathers never intended, and consider declaring educational independence yourself!"
Homeschooling Parents Pave the Way to Educational Independence

Yes. That sounds like a wonderful education. Parents who don't bother to teach their kids anything because even if they tried, they don't know the information themselves.

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

National Average Percentile Scores

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

a. Core is a combination of Reading, Language, and Math.
b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

There was little difference between the results of homeschooled boys and girls on core scores.

Boys—87th percentile
Girls—88th percentile

Household income had little impact on the results of homeschooled students.

$34,999 or less—85th percentile
$35,000–$49,999—86th percentile
$50,000–$69,999—86th percentile
$70,000 or more—89th percentile

The education level of the parents made a noticeable difference, but the homeschooled children of non-college educated parents still scored in the 83rd percentile, which is well above the national average.

Neither parent has a college degree—83rd percentile
One parent has a college degree—86th percentile
Both parents have a college degree—90th percentile

Whether either parent was a certified teacher did not matter.

Certified (i.e., either parent ever certified)—87th percentile
Not certified (i.e., neither parent ever certified)—88th percentile

Parental spending on home education made little difference.

Spent $600 or more on the student—89th percentile
Spent under $600 on the student—86th percentile

The extent of government regulation on homeschoolers did not affect the results.

Low state regulation—87th percentile
Medium state regulation—88th percentile
High state regulation—87th percentile
HSLDA: New Nationwide Study Confirms Homeschool Academic Achievement

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

National Average Percentile Scores

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

a. Core is a combination of Reading, Language, and Math.
b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

There was little difference between the results of homeschooled boys and girls on core scores.

Boys—87th percentile
Girls—88th percentile

Household income had little impact on the results of homeschooled students.

$34,999 or less—85th percentile
$35,000–$49,999—86th percentile
$50,000–$69,999—86th percentile
$70,000 or more—89th percentile

The education level of the parents made a noticeable difference, but the homeschooled children of non-college educated parents still scored in the 83rd percentile, which is well above the national average.

Neither parent has a college degree—83rd percentile
One parent has a college degree—86th percentile
Both parents have a college degree—90th percentile

Whether either parent was a certified teacher did not matter.

Certified (i.e., either parent ever certified)—87th percentile
Not certified (i.e., neither parent ever certified)—88th percentile

Parental spending on home education made little difference.

Spent $600 or more on the student—89th percentile
Spent under $600 on the student—86th percentile

The extent of government regulation on homeschoolers did not affect the results.

Low state regulation—87th percentile
Medium state regulation—88th percentile
High state regulation—87th percentile
HSLDA: New Nationwide Study Confirms Homeschool Academic Achievement

Just one question.
Since
Many states don't track the education of home schooled kids, or test them in any way, and those tests that your information is based on are not required, or even considered by most who don't intend to go to college.
Kids whose parents won't, or can't teach them generally don't take those tests, and are not even considered in your evaluation of home schooling scores.

How can you possibly claim that your numbers are anywhere close to correct when such a large amount of home schooled kids are left out of the calculation?

Most institutions, schools, the military, jobs, street traffic all require some indoctrination. The ability to adjust to rules is part of life.

So it is wrong to educate our children to accept millions of peoples freedom and liberty? It isn't like people like me and gay people are going anywhere. Can you understand this and get passed your hatred for one second?

the problem is that in most households two people a to barely I mean barely get by. HOMESCHOOLING IS NOT AN OPTION FOR THOSE MAKING 20 BUCKS AN GO AND PITTANCES LIKE THAT.

Initforme,

Republicans don't give a damn. They want to turn America into a third world country like in central America where the few rule everything and most are poor. This is part of the goal of taking apart education for all that provides most of our ability to compete in this world.

Politichick is a evil piece of shit

th

*****SMILE*****

:)

Silly goose. Khan academy is used for advanced placement students. Most home school parents couldn't keep up if they tried.

Really? What bit transfer rate is used in a raspberry Pi? What about the instruction set? What is the ARM assembly instruction for ---------well--------anything?

WOW! Does someone who thinks he is intelligent believe that he can be intellectually intimidating?

Bit rates and Assembly Language are so impressive aren't they?

I bought one of these off eBay 10 years ago:

Archos PMA400 - Wikipedia

It uses a Texas Instrument version of the ARM processor running at 150 MHz.

I copied a a 'C' benchmark from the Jan 1983 Byte magazine for the Sieve of Eratosthenes. I compiled it to run on the ARM processor under Linux. The magazine article provided performance data on lots of computers back then. The IBM 3033 mainframe that cost $3,000,000 took 0.0078 seconds in assembly language and 0.036 seconds in PL/I. The Archos took 0.0522 seconds so it lost to the IBM mainframe but it was a bit difficult to fit that IBM in a pocket.

Of course I have run it on the Raspberry Pi 3. It took 0.0047 seconds, so it beat the mainframe that was running assembly language.

But wait! The Raspberry Pi is a Quad-Core. I ran the program FOUR TIMES Simultaneously Without Slowing Down.

Now why should anyone do assembly language programming on the Pi? Doesn't the bus bandwidth affect the speed of benchmarks?

http://educacion-holistica.org/note...g Computer Architecture with Raspberry Pi.pdf

Now you can Google that trivial and nearly useless information you are talking about if you want. I am not interested.

psik

... Most home school parents couldn't keep up if they tried.

How do you know?

Mostly from personal knowledge of home school parents. Yes, I know I have only known an infinitesimal percentage of home school parents, but human nature being what it is, I know that if those few can get away with their lack of ability and effort to educate their kids, lots of others do too.

... Most home school parents couldn't keep up if they tried.

How do you know?

Mostly from personal knowledge of home school parents. Yes, I know I have only known an infinitesimal percentage of home school parents, but human nature being what it is, I know that if those few can get away with their lack of ability and effort to educate their kids, lots of others do too.

"Human nature" leads you to illogical conclusions; it does not justify your assumptions.

the problem is that in most households two people a to barely I mean barely get by. HOMESCHOOLING IS NOT AN OPTION FOR THOSE MAKING 20 BUCKS AN GO AND PITTANCES LIKE THAT.

"There's a Due Process Problem with Homeschool Regulations
by Kerry McDonald

The biggest problem with the often-cavalier way citizens and lawmakers suggest regulating homeschoolers – who receive no public money but still pay local property taxes to fund schools – is that it is an invasion of privacy and a violation of due process. It assumes parents must be monitored for the good of others, and that they are guilty unless proven otherwise. Deep down, these efforts to restrict homeschooling freedoms are driven by fear."
There's a Due Process Problem with Homeschool Regulations | Kerry McDonald

New Topics

Forum List

Back