Awaken To Astronomy

Thanks, Maggdy. If you google "Awaken Lyrics", by YES, you will be able to read the lyrics.

I am a board member of the Louisville Astronomical Society (which has been around for 80 years this year), and have been an avid amateur astronomer for most of my life. I recently created a video tribute to Astronomy. The background song is a live rendition of the song Awaken, by the Rock group YES. I believe that the images I've chosen fit this song perfectly. It is of moderate length (19:35 minutes), and is high definition (1080p). All of the photos are mine, except the image of me, which was taken by a member of the Louisville Astronomical Society. In addition, there is a short video of a corona mass ejection taken by the SDO. Have patience with it (I know it is a bit long - what Yes song isn't?), and you won't be disappointed, but you may be mesmerized. I've tried to give the stars the feeling of motion, hopefully without being chincy. There are some cool effects that will wow you, especially the final star sequence (with Vega slowly moving and changing colors). And please stay tuned all the way to the special message at the end by someone famous that plays during the credits. :cool:

Put it on the big screen, and crank it up! Enjoy...

Produced, directed, and edited by me (orogenicman), so I take all the credit (or blame).

Music - Awaken, by Yes

This video is dedicated to Angel

"Astronomy is looking up." Fave bumpersticker. :)

Forum List

Back