AVG-Gun Owner.

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Yup. I just purchased my very first firearm. I get to pick it up in 3 days.

top.jpg

Made in America, of course :thup:

Good for you. Their revolvers have a good reputation, I don't know about the semi autos. Definitely go to the range and put rounds through it until you are confident it runs well. I'm assuming it's 9mm?

I know all of these progressives have been bitching and threatening to go to Canada if Trump wins.

Realistically, looking at all the kerfuffles going on at the Trump rallies, I think they will just abandon their anti-gun rhetoric and join you in purchasing a gun if he wins. . . .

:badgrin:

Good for you. Their revolvers have a good reputation, I don't know about the semi autos. Definitely go to the range and put rounds through it until you are confident it runs well. I'm assuming it's 9mm?

Indeed. Until you have put (say) 1,000 rounds through her - she won't be "broke in" :)

Indeed. Until you have put (say) 1,000 rounds through her - she won't be "broke in" :)
I've heard 500 but I have .45s for the most part and more than a few that have seen no where near that.

Yes, sir. 9mm.

This weapon comes with a pretty good on-line reputation, and it wasn't very expensive - $400 with tax, title and back-ground check. I was drawn to the caliber, the fact that it's made in USA and damn, does it fit my big right hand well. Not a lot of the pistols on the display shelf did.

Yes, sir. 9mm.

This weapon comes with a pretty good on-line reputation, and it wasn't very expensive - $400 with tax, title and back-ground check. I was drawn to the caliber, the fact that it's made in USA and damn, does it fit my big right hand well. Not a lot of the pistols on the display shelf did.
The fit is a very important consideration that many don't consider so you got some good advice. Modern 9mm is supposed to be close to .45s in performance these days, it's what I hear anyway. Much cheaper to buy though!

I know all of these progressives have been bitching and threatening to go to Canada if Trump wins.

Realistically, looking at all the kerfuffles going on at the Trump rallies, I think they will just abandon their anti-gun rhetoric and join you in purchasing a gun if he wins. . . .

:badgrin:

I won't say that that's THE reason for my purchase, but it didn't slow me down any.

Yes, sir. 9mm.

Then you wouldn't want a Ruger .380. That thing is so small I carry it in my shirt pocket.

Yes, sir. 9mm.

The fit is a very important consideration that many don't consider so you got some good advice. Modern 9mm is supposed to be close to .45s in performance these days, it's what I hear anyway. Much cheaper to buy though!

Facing facts: I'm also AVG-cheap bastard.

9mm is the cheapest ammo you can get that you don't need two of to stop a big, fat pissed-off asshole.

Yes, sir. 9mm.

Then you wouldn't want a Ruger .380. That thing is so small I carry it in my shirt pocket.

I looked at the 38's. All of them were too small for me to grip with all three fingers not being used to pull the trigger and the two that held the gun were very distracted by the pinky finger scrambling for purchase. Control is the name of this game.

Those Rugers should be fun to shoot – but be careful, they can also be addicting, with more following you home from the gun shop.

I may look for something more concealable in the future, but right now I just want to get to know this one better than I know my dick.

The shop I got it from is real close to my house and it has a range. I see a membership in my future.

Yes, sir. 9mm.

I looked at the 38's. All of them were too small for me to grip with all three fingers not being used to pull the trigger and the two that held the gun were very distracted by the pinky finger scrambling for purchase. Control is the name of this game,
38s and .380s are different rounds. The .380 is small, I have the Colt Mustang but it's a pocket gun. I don't use the little finger on it.

I've heard 500 but I have .45s for the most part and more than a few that have seen no where near that.

Oh, I was just kidding :) Put as many as you can downrange. It's as good for YOU as it is the weapon! :)

Forum List

Back