AVG-Agenda For The 2014 Midterms

:eusa_eh:
Come to think of it...

If we ever successfully demand a truly fair tax code and simple paperwork to go along with it, considering the American Constitution, the rest should fall in to place.

`

Nothing about immigration reform?
Nothing about healthcare?
Nothing about energy policy?
Nothing about government spending?

First things first.

Step one is to remove from our leaders the power to customize the tax obligations of friends and political donors.

1. Fair and simple taxes.

2.​

:eusa_think:

The problem with the midterms is that really doesn't end up coming into play.

Obviously, the issue is going to be control of the Senate. ANd it's going to come down to seven states that Romney carried but currently have Democratic Senators. Three of them are vacancies, so the GOP will probably pick those up. The might pick up the other four and get control, and they need to pick up at least three.

Now, here in IL, the Senate won't come into play because Dick Durbin will easily beat five time loser Jim "Milk Dud" Oberweis.

And Congress won't come into play in my District because Tammy DUckworth will easily beat the placeholder the GOP put in there to keep the Tea Party from running another candidate. (Seriously, the state GOP listens to JOe Walsh screaming on WIND and is so happy he is out of congress.)

So that only leaves the governor's race.

NOw, I really, really don't like Pat Quinn. I really wish someone in the democratic party had opposed him, and I really wish that the GOP ran someone other than Daddy Warbucks Rauner.

And I get the feeling if Rauner does win, he's not going to repeal the awful income tax increase that Quinn put in, but will replace it with something that scrrews the working class even harder.

Here's what i would like to see happen.

1) Real tax reform. make the rich pay their fair share and get rid of a lot of the tax dodges.
2) Real reform of government spending. We do spend too much and sometimes on the wrong thing.
3) sensible trade policy. One that makes it easier to make stuff and harder to import stuff.
4) Immigration reform that lets people who are worthy stay, but cracks down on the people hiring illegals to start with.
5) A sensible foriegn policy that doesn't get us involved in everyone else's problems. We have plenty of our own, thank you.
6) Real education reform. Hold teachers accountable, but don't reroute a bunch of money into get rich quick schemes, which seems to be the gop plan.
7) Decriminalize drug use and treat it like a medical problem.
8) Single payer, universal health care without a lot of big corporations sucking off the government teet.

1) Real tax reform. make the rich pay their fair share and get rid of a lot of the tax dodges.
2) Real reform of government spending. We do spend too much and sometimes on the wrong thing.
3) sensible trade policy. One that makes it easier to make stuff and harder to import stuff.
4) Immigration reform that lets people who are worthy stay, but cracks down on the people hiring illegals to start with.
5) A sensible foriegn policy that doesn't get us involved in everyone else's problems. We have plenty of our own, thank you.
6) Real education reform. Hold teachers accountable, but don't reroute a bunch of money into get rich quick schemes, which seems to be the gop plan.
8) Single payer, universal health care without a lot of big corporations sucking off the government teet.

And this old Lib finds that a good goal, on all points.

We, The Peeps appear to be falling in to yet another bout of no-holds-barred $pending on The American Military Industrial Complex thanks to the ass-hats calling themselves The Islamic State.

If ever there were a need for fair and simple taxation in this country it's now.

Please look for candidates of either party or no party who express an understanding that our current code of complicated paperwork, $moke and deductible mirrors is BULLSHIT, and vote accordingly.

Substance over Party! :rock:

We, The Peeps appear to be falling in to yet another bout of no-holds-barred $pending on The American Military Industrial Complex thanks to the ass-hats calling themselves The Islamic State.

If ever there were a need for fair and simple taxation in this country it's now.

Please look for candidates of either party or no party who express an understanding that our current code of complicated paperwork, $moke and deductible mirrors is BULLSHIT, and vote accordingly.

Substance over Party! :rock:

Nevada Approves 1.3 Billion in Tax Breaks for Tesla Factory - Bloomberg

Sandoval signed the bills minutes after the 42-member Assembly and 21-member Senate unanimously agreed to write off Tesla’s sales taxes for 20 years and property and business taxes for 10 years. The tax breaks are the centerpiece of a deal that Sandoval and Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk unveiled Sept. 4 to land the first battery “Gigafactory” to supply 500,000 cars.

... agreed to write off Tesla’s sales taxes for 20 years and property and business taxes for 10 years.

seems a little unfair the way businesses can shop for their own tax legislation and the politicians who promote the practice.

what about those who are already established in Nevada - they would not like the same deal ?

Generally, I agree with these general goals. It's the details that make or break this stuff.

Please outline the ideal tax structure, Joe.

I like simple and I like fair. But if it ain't progressive.....it ain't fair.

The best proposition for federal taxes that I've seen is an 18% personal income tax on all income with one, and only one, $40,000 deduction, coupled with a 3% sales tax on all retail transactions.

Simple, fair and everyone can call themselves a taxpayer, even if they earn less than 40k.

It's easily adjustable too.... Justifiable war on the horizon? Raise the rate or lower the deduction to pay for it.

Balanced public budgets with very limited borrowing capabilities should also be the law of the land.

Generally, I agree with these general goals. It's the details that make or break this stuff.

Yepp. therein lies the debbil.

Are you Monkeys registered to vote yet?

When Time is no longer your friend, Time becomes your enemy. :cool:

Forum List

Back