Average Canadian Family Paying More Than 12K Yearly to Fund Public Healthcare

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Clementine, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,688
    There is nothing free in life except for those who don't want to insure their bodies.

2. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,688
    You really think I'm going to believe a report by a conservative and libertarian non profit. Also if one needed a MRI and to wait for 12-15 months, she didn't need it then.

My SIL said it took her Mom to er and she had to wait several hours laying on a cot in the hallway, along with all the other people, before she could get admitted. In rural areas they have to drive miles to get adequate care.

12 k does not sound bad. I understand you can't stand the working poor to get adequate care, but too darn bad.

3. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,947
    I assume you mean, in your vague, muddled way, that you think health INSURANCE is expensive because of CEO salaries. Health care and health insurance are not the same thing, and the salaries of insurance company CEOs have little or nothing to do with the prices of medical treatment.

It's no wonder nothing ever gets settled in this discussion, given the way everyone constantly conflates wildly different things like care vs. insurance, costs vs. spending . . .

The truth is that the cost of health insurance is FAR more affected by any number of other factors besides CEO compensation. Also, however much leftists LOOOOVE to cite raw numbers in tones of gleeful horror, the compensation package for insurance CEOs is comparable to those of CEOs in other industries.