Avengers: Endgame

True.

Another stupid moment is Pepper...the woman who has spent the last decade bitching about the Ironman suits...suddenly out of nowhere fights along side the Avengers in an Ironman suit just so they can do some stupid girl power shot at some random point.

That was insanely heavy handed and stupid. If they want to do some woman empowerment, then DO some.
That’s what all of the Disney and Marvel stuff is going to be for the next 2/3 years unfortunately. But ...at least I will be saving money from Movies I would normally see two/ three times at the theatre and now am not even going to be remotely interested in.

I fear you are correct.

True.

Another stupid moment is Pepper...the woman who has spent the last decade bitching about the Ironman suits...suddenly out of nowhere fights along side the Avengers in an Ironman suit just so they can do some stupid girl power shot at some random point.

That was insanely heavy handed and stupid. If they want to do some woman empowerment, then DO some.
That’s what all of the Disney and Marvel stuff is going to be for the next 2/3 years unfortunately. But ...at least I will be saving money from Movies I would normally see two/ three times at the theatre and now am not even going to be remotely interested in.
Yep... Netflix has a new sci-fi series called "Another Life"... in the 1st episode the newly appointed captain is a woman. Fine.. no problems there. But then there is a scene where the previous captain (male) tries to kill her. They get into an epic fight beating each other back and forth and in the end she wins.
Nevermind that he outweighs her by prolly 50 lbs. is a male, and is a lifelong military soldier. She is a desk jockey.
yeah...that was realistic.
We haven't watched anymore, it was kid of cheesy and not well acted anyway.

I dont' mind strong female roles. Even strong female main characters.

BUt why are they so often stupid like that?

True.

Yep... Netflix has a new sci-fi series called "Another Life"... in the 1st episode the newly appointed captain is a woman. Fine.. no problems there. But then there is a scene where the previous captain (male) tries to kill her. They get into an epic fight beating each other back and forth and in the end she wins.
Nevermind that he outweighs her by prolly 50 lbs. is a male, and is a lifelong military soldier. She is a desk jockey.

They want to promote the fantasy that men and women are the same... except... women are smarter, kinder, more patient and down to earth. Other than that the same...well except men are dumb, erratic, violent, goofy and desperately need several women around to keep them from making stupid mistakes.
Other than that...they want to show they are the same.

True.

And yet in real life even the transgenders beat all of the women in sports.

Steven Crowder demonstrated in one of his videos how this girl power fight scene stuff was unrealistic. I laughed because it’s gotten ridiculous .

True.

I don’t either if they are realistic. Hollywood rarely gets it right though. Most of the time we get a Mary Sue that is a know it all, and a complete bitch ,but that all the men on the show fall in love with so she can humiliate them repeatedly.

True.

Pepper has been bitching about the Iron Man suits for the last decade? You must have been watching a different MCU than I have. She wasn't even in a Marvel movie between 2013 (Iron Man 3) and 2017 (Spider Man Homecoming). And what she was unhappy about in Iron Man 3, so far as I know based on what the director and writer have said, is that Stark's obsession with his suits was getting in the way of their relationship.
Tony Stark destroyed all of his suits and gave up being Ironman (for awhile) for her because she constantly bitched about it. Now I’m supposed to believe she wants to fight in one? Or even knows how to for that matter? Nope that was totally contrived for a “ girl power “ scene.

Oh, they definitely forced the girl power fight into the movie, I'm not going to argue about that. However, once again, Potts wasn't even in an MCU movie for 4 years, so we certainly didn't see her spend "the last decade bitching about the Iron Man suits." And again, what bitching she did was not that the suits were inherently bad, but rather that Stark spent so much time with them that he ignored his relationship with her.

Also, Potts has been in an Iron Man armor before Endgame in the MCU. In Iron Man 3, when the mansion was destroyed, she ended up in one of the suits. Moreover, Potts has used an Iron Man suit in the comics under the alias Rescue, which is probably the main reason they had her in it in Endgame.

Forum List

Back