i know that but when you click the place it says to click then it says there is none avalible and how to you upload one. and where do u up load it to.

Originally posted by Politicalmaniac
i know that but when you click the place it says to click then it says there is none avalible and how to you upload one. and where do u up load it to.

Not a problem, anymore.

Originally posted by Politicalmaniac

Wow. Never EVER been on a message board before aye?

If you still can't figure it out, let me know. I'll try and write up a how-to and PM it to you.

All you have to do is direct the avatar option window to a file on your computer.

But you have to get a picture that is small enough. In order to find one just go do a search for avatar websites. OR, way better is do a search in IMAGES for a picture you want.

Example: If you want a picture of a Ford Mustang, just type in Ford Mustang in the search engine but then click on the word IMAGES, underneath. Now just find one small enough. Right click on it, save it on your hard drive. Then direct the avatar window to the file through the BROWSE option.

I just learned how a month ago. I had to figure it out by myself.

The best bet with a search engine is to search for what you want, then instead of opening the pic, just use the thumbnail as your avatar, because it's perfect size for the avatar window. just right-click on the thumbnail, click on 'properties' and copy the URL under 'location'. Then take that URL and paste it under the avatar screen under 'user CP'. That sounds more complicated than it really is.

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
All you have to do is direct the avatar option window to a file on your computer.

But you have to get a picture that is small enough. In order to find one just go do a search for avatar websites. OR, way better is do a search in IMAGES for a picture you want.

Example: If you want a picture of a Ford Mustang, just type in Ford Mustang in the search engine but then click on the word IMAGES, underneath. Now just find one small enough. Right click on it, save it on your hard drive. Then direct the avatar window to the file through the BROWSE option.

I just learned how a month ago. I had to figure it out by myself.

Or just save any picture you want on your computer. Once you have it saved, if you have any photo editing software at all, almost all of them have a "image size" function where you can resize the picture to use as an avatar.

Forum List

Back