Avatar: Total Pocahontas Plagiarism

The right wing frothing over this film is a hoot! :lol: You have to be seriously crippled by the partisan disease!

Yes but the plotline really is that transparent...

Indeed it is, but it's a vehicle for some really stunning special effects. And now the loony left is getting in on the act, it's racist because it's using the "white man's burden" theme.

It's a film for crying out loud, made as entertainment.

In fact it's as groundbreaking a piece of cinema as "Triumph of the Will". There you go Del :lol:

"If there be nothing new, but that which is
Hath been before, how are our brains beguil'd,
Which labouring for invention bear amiss
The second burthen of a former child.
Oh that record could with a backward look,
Even of five hundred courses of the sun,
Show me your image in some antique book,
Since mind at first in character was done,
That I might see what the old world could say
To this composed wonder of your frame;
Whether we are mended, or where better they,
Or whether revolution be the same.
Oh sure I am the wits of former days,
To subjects worse have given admiring praise."

W S

Pocahontas, the Disney animated film, was released in June 1995. So clearly it had been written long before that.

Irrelevant. The plot of the movie was not known to the public, therefore Cameron could not have stolen Pocahontas's plot.

As for Pocahontas, the movie is nowhere near the retelling of the facts surrounding the life of Pocahontas. Sorry.

Finally, the story of the soldier assimilating into a native tribe has been told throughout history. It's not like Dances with Wolves, Pocahontas, The Last Samurai, Fern Gully, or any other motion picture variation invented or owns copyrights to the story. Cameron admits the idea is not new. Fans of the film admit the idea is not new.

So sure, Cameron told the same story as all those movies. The difference? Cameron told it better.

Who gives a shit?

I still want to watch Avatar on a big screen.

Though I did read today on Drudge that people were getting all suicidal and depressed after watching it....like the dems did when Bush won the election the second time.

It was worth suffering through that term just to watch the depression and alternating lethargy and tantrums of the left....so regardless of what Avatar turns out to be, I'll enjoy it just because there are people who are SO FUCKING STUPID THAT THEY WATCH A CARTOON AND COME AWAY THINKING IT IS SOMEHOW INDICATIVE OF WHAT THEY CAN EXPECT IN THE FUTURE.

What flipping nitwits, lolol.

Even more funny are the loons who get all hyped up for it, then pout around because it was a disappointment.

It's a fucking CARTOON. How disappointed can you be, and for how long?????

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Pocahontas, the Disney animated film, was released in June 1995. So clearly it had been written long before that.

Irrelevant. The plot of the movie was not known to the public, therefore Cameron could not have stolen Pocahontas's plot.

As for Pocahontas, the movie is nowhere near the retelling of the facts surrounding the life of Pocahontas. Sorry.
Sure he could have. And yes, it is.

This joke is old, and incorrect. Avatar was written in 1994. Pocahontas came out in 1995.

If they had said Dances with Wolves, people would laugh more.

Jon, you ignorant, Avatar humping slut! "The Story of Pocahontas" by Charles Dudley Warner was published in the 1800's. James Cameron ripped off parts of that story, along with Dances with Wolves, countless other "Man goes native" stories, and of course the Smurfs. (thank you Nosmo King for the smurfs!!! !)

Last edited:
This joke is old, and incorrect. Avatar was written in 1994. Pocahontas came out in 1995.

If they had said Dances with Wolves, people would laugh more.

Jon, you ignorant, Avatar humping slut! "The Story of Pocahontas" by Charles Dudley Warner was published in the 1800's. James Cameron ripped off parts of that story, along with Dances with Wolves, countless other "Man goes native" stories, and of course the Smurfs. (thank you Nosmo King for the smurfs!!! !)

Wow, how ignorant are you? I already said that comparing the plot to Dances with Wolves was a more relevant comparison since that movie actually came out BEFORE this was written. Again, "The Story of Pocahontas" is NOT a love story, nor was the true story of Pocahontas. Disney made that shit up.

And, why is it that Cameron "ripped off" Dances with Wolves, while Dances with Wolves did not ripoff "The Story of Pocahontas?" Your bias is laughable. Cameron is no more guilty of plagiarism than Charles Dudley. The story of the "man goes native" as you call it has been told throughout history, and I didn't need you to tell me that. I've mentioned it countless times.

[SIZE=+1]Why do Rethugs Hate Avatar? [/SIZE]
They hate everything - why should this be different?
Link Excerpt:

To say that the film has evoked a storm of ire on the right would be an understatement. Big Hollywood's John Nolte, one of my favorite outspoken right-wing film essayists, blasted the film, calling it "a sanctimonious thud of a movie so infested with one-dimensional characters and PC cliches that not a single plot turn, large or small, surprises.... Think of 'Avatar' as 'Death Wish' for leftists, a simplistic, revisionist revenge fantasy where if you freakin' hate the bad guys (America) you're able to forgive the by-the-numbers predictability of it all." John Podhoretz, the Weekly Standard's film critic, called the film "blitheringly stupid; indeed, it's among the dumbest movies I've ever seen." He goes on to say: "You're going to hear a lot over the next couple of weeks about the movie's politics -- about how it's a Green epic about despoiling the environment, and an attack on the war in Iraq.... The conclusion does ask the audience to root for the defeat of American soldiers at the hands of an insurgency. So it is a deep expression of anti-Americanism -- kind of.

Forum List

Back