Avatar: Total Pocahontas Plagiarism

Feb 28, 2009
epic-fail-avatar-plot-fail.jpg

WOW, that is spot on!

There is one big difference, a $1 bil+ at the box office. Man the movie is kicking some serious tail.

wow that is actually interesting.

And here I thought avatar was a fresh, new idea....but sadly i find it was just like every other movie since the 80's, a rehash of someone else's ideas/writings.

EDIT: I've been under a rock because I dont get what this has to do with right wingers? Whats up with that diuretic?

Last edited:
  • Banned
The right wing frothing over this film is a hoot! :lol: You have to be seriously crippled by the partisan disease!
I haven't seen any "right wingers frothing" over this film. As soon as you see one, please let us all know who they are.

Meanwhile, what say you on the obvious plagiarism?

And here I thought avatar was a fresh, new idea....but sadly i find it was just like every other movie since the 80's, a rehash of someone else's ideas/writings.

Yep...been a sad, sad downhill slide since "Rambo.":confused:

Rambo, while i did like it i have the sneaky suspicion that this is sarcasm ;).

Seriously though good acting in movies is rare in anything since the late 80's early 90's.

EDIT: I've been under a rock because I dont get what this has to do with right wingers? Whats up with that diuretic?

It's one of the latest memes PP, maybe not the latest but it's pretty new on scene I think.

The right wing frothing over this film is a hoot! :lol: You have to be seriously crippled by the partisan disease!
I haven't seen any "right wingers frothing" over this film. As soon as you see one, please let us all know who they are.

The right is out there trashing the film's various themes. You don't have to look far, just clearly.

And where's the plagiarism? Heck there are probably eight or nine themes in literature, it's how they're explored that counts.

This joke is old, and incorrect. Avatar was written in 1994. Pocahontas came out in 1995.

If they had said Dances with Wolves, people would laugh more.

This joke is old, and incorrect. Avatar was written in 1994. Pocahontas came out in 1995.

If they had said Dances with Wolves, people would laugh more.
Pocahontas, the Disney animated film, was released in June 1995. So clearly it had been written long before that.

Avatar is a modern re-telling of the Pocahontas story.

Pocahontas actually lived, and is a historic figure. Avatar is a work of fantasy fiction, and that is really all that needs to be said about it.

The right is out there trashing the film's various themes. You don't have to look far, just clearly.

And where's the plagiarism? Heck there are probably eight or nine themes in literature, it's how they're explored that counts.
"The right?" Who specifically?

And clearly you don't understand the word plagiarism.

There hasn't been an original plot for a movie in decades and the old movies weren't original either as they are all in some form regurgitations of ancient myths.

The only, new thing in movies is the technology for special effects and CGI

Forum List

Back