But they made lots of money off of it.
Where is all this anti corporatism from the right coming from?

Since when do you have to be poor to be an anti-capitalist?

Some folks feel free to criticize the very system that made them wealthy...example: Who was that fat bastard that made millions and won an Oscar off of an anti-Bush documentary?

Rich liberals have been cussing out yet benefited from the economic system in this country for quite a long time. This Black & White argument that the rich are GOP members and the poor are Democrats is a false stereotype. Every single Democrat in Congress is rich. Some of them are the richest members of congress.

And here's a shocker....most of them are white!!!! OMG!!!

The one quick concept I did like in Avatar was the “I see you” thing whenever a Navi killed something. They acknowledged they were killing a life, the stated openly that a sacrifice was being made for their benefit.

I like that.

Whether it is killing an enemy in war or a fetus in abortion, killing must be admitted; the killed must not become an ideological non entity.

Some times it is necessary to kill, but if you pretend you are not killing then you are killing your own humanity.

The one quick concept I did like in Avatar was the “I see you” thing whenever a Navi killed something. They acknowledged they were killing a life, the stated openly that a sacrifice was being made for their benefit.

I like that.

Whether it is killing an enemy in war or a fetus in abortion, killing must be admitted; the killed must not become an ideological non entity.

Some times it is necessary to kill, but if you pretend you are not killing then you are killing your own humanity.

That's sweet.

Not sure what a Navi is...but I'm sure they would appreciate eating my ass so I'm not really sad about killing them.

527.jpg

I'm not going to waste my time watching it. I can find other ways to see pretty pictures without suffering through the hackneyed plot, trite dialogue, and poor character development.

Yes it was long, and weird. I don't agree at all that it's "the greatest movie ever made." Bull shit.

I really did not get it at all but my main point it was just to long. I think if they made it about an hour and half it would have been better.

I liked it.

Didn't like the stereotypes but it was entertaining.

James Cameron is a dipshit but he does make some decent movies.

It is the best 3D Imax movie you will see for a long time and the best movie made in 3D ever.

My wife and I finally watched it last night, (bought the DVD). I focused on the entertainment value while me wife focused on the bull shit social/political message, (her words, though I agree). Yes Zander, no question about it - Dancing with Smurfs (on steroids) hit the nail on the head. That said I throughly enjoyed the movie despite its predictability and not so subliminal messages which one couldn't help but see and hear.

My wife and I finally watched it last night, (bought the DVD). I focused on the entertainment value while me wife focused on the bull shit social/political message, (her words, though I agree). Yes Zander, no question about it - Dancing with Smurfs (on steroids) hit the nail on the head. That said I throughly enjoyed the movie despite its predictability and not so subliminal messages which one couldn't help but see and hear.

I wish the right could come up with a more honest commentary on the military establishment and spend that kind of money making it...but Hollywood would never fund the project.

It was really long but the leftist talking points strewn all over this film just made me wish that the giant blue men from pandora would get killed off by the military. I was actually cheering everytime one of them get wiped out in the end battle.

Sad for you that 24 is going off the air. In less than 5 minutes, Jack beat a guy who was tied up, cut him, sprayed something on it to make it hurt worse, used a blow torch, etc. Then he gutted him with a knife to get to a cell phone SIM card the guy had swallowed. Good times......good times.

You are aware that they are both make believe and purely for entertainment don't you? :eusa_whistle:

If it hadn't been 3 hours long I could have put up with the simplistic morals, and predictable plot line. Did we really need all those montage shots of Jake running through the Forrest?

The only real way to enjoy the story is if you root for the humans the whole time. Pretend Unobtanium is the key to saving Earth and then the story is a grand tragedy.

I wish the right could come up with a more honest commentary on the military establishment and spend that kind of money making it...but Hollywood would never fund the project.

You don't think Hollywood portrays the military positively? What about all those WWII films, what about Black Hawk Down.

I'll admit movies about Vietnam are a massive exception.

Forum List

Back