William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
I wanted to change mine, but I cannot find anything that fits the size limits or is deemed a legitimate jpg, etc. But I've tried dozens of images under 150 by 150, and nothing seems to work.

What am I doing wrong?

William Joyce said:
I wanted to change mine, but I cannot find anything that fits the size limits or is deemed a legitimate jpg, etc. But I've tried dozens of images under 150 by 150, and nothing seems to work.

What am I doing wrong?
You're of Non-color, big problem! :)

Just kidding WJ, I don't have a clue on that AV stuff..

William Joyce said:

What am I doing wrong?

There is a dimensions limit as well as a size limit. Basically, the pictures you are choosing most likely need to be resized. I'm sure if you post an original picture here and tell everyone what you want, someone will be happy to make it into 'avatar size' for you.

OT, why is this in announcements? Unless someone has a good rationale, I'm going to move to chat...

It's not a size issue, I don't think...

I get this for ANYTHING I try, Web-based:

vbulletin message: The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again.

But last time I tried this, USMB took anything, so long as the size was right. What I do is cut and past the URL after doing a Google search for images and clicking on "image alone," like I did last time.

William Joyce said:
It's not a size issue, I don't think...

I get this for ANYTHING I try, Web-based:

vbulletin message: The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again.

But last time I tried this, USMB took anything, so long as the size was right. What I do is cut and past the URL after doing a Google search for images and clicking on "image alone," like I did last time.

Open it in paint and save it as a different file type. When you go to save, there should be a box for "file type." Scroll down until you see .gif, .jpg, or .png and select it.

Forum List

Back