Avatar Illustrating Natural Selection in Some who have Viewed it

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Avatar Influencing Natural Selection in Some who have Viewed it

Apparently, some in our Species have Viewed the Movie Avatar and can't seem to keep a Grip on Reality... Even considering Suicide...

Seriously?

Is this what we have become in our Wealth and Self-Loathing as a Species?

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues - CNN.com

(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

---

If you are considering Suicide after Viewing a Hollywood Movie, and it wasn't Ishtar, then you Need Counseling and or a Shotgun... And get your ENTIRE Head in front of the Barrell... And do it OUTSIDE, you Spoiled, Selfish Son-of-a-Bitch!

"Ever since I went to see 'Avatar' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "

Memo to those about to Fail the Species because of Avatar: IT'S A FUCKING MOVIE!

Good Lord, tell me there aren't People who are going to Sympathize with this beyond Acknowledging that these People are Mentally Ill and Need Help.

There is NO Rational Excuse for Contemplating Suicide because your Life can't be like a Movie Fantasy that Defies almost EVERY Aspect of Reality, including the Reality of Individual Choice which Dictates everything we are as Humans.

There are so MANY Reasons why Avatar Defies Reality, as ANY Utopian Fantasy usually does, that I don't even Know where to begin.

Thoughts?...

:)

peace...

I just wanted to get into the seat in one of those really neat aircraft they had. And if anyone wants to live in Pandora maybe they need to watch the film again, especially the bits where the various beasties are chasing Sully!

I just wanted to get into the seat in one of those really neat aircraft they had. And if anyone wants to live in Pandora maybe they need to watch the film again, especially the bits where the various beasties are chasing Sully!

For those Utopians, you can have the lack of Toilets and other Modern Creature Comforts that we Humans have thanks to our Ability to Think outside of the Pack, and Act on it... Freedom, you know.

Also, the Dictator/Tribal Leader or whatever... Only a Liberal Utopian would Long for that.

peace...

Humans are clever bastards, our problem is that we have a brain that is the result of evolution and sometimes that reptilian party rules...but all in all we're okay, despite the bad publicity.

Humans are clever bastards, our problem is that we have a brain that is the result of evolution and sometimes that reptilian party rules...but all in all we're okay, despite the bad publicity.

Some are... And others just need to go outside when they get their ENTIRE Head in front of the Barrel...

Unlike that Selfish Son-of-a-Bitch Hunter Thompson!...

peace...

Actually checked out the Avatar forums, and it's true...not an exaggeration, by any means.

I was quite shocked for two reasons:

1. These people were depressed after Avatar not because it was a waste of $12, but because of its story.

2. These people were so shallow that a Dances-With-Wolves-Cover (with smurfs) blew their minds, shattering their will to live. God help them if they ever read Albert Camus or Bertrand Russell.

Actually checked out the Avatar forums, and it's true...not an exaggeration, by any means.

I was quite shocked for two reasons:

1. These people were depressed after Avatar not because it was a waste of $12, but because of its story.

2. These people were so shallow that a Dances-With-Wolves-Cover (with smurfs) blew their minds, shattering their will to live. God help them if they ever read Albert Camus or Bertrand Russell.

As far as I'm Concerned, they can slip while in the Noose Masturbating to World of Warcraft Females and Stop Wasting Bandwidth, Resources and Oxygen at the same time!...

Everyone Wins!

peace...

It was an AWESOME movie I have NEVER seen anything like it. The last 3-D movie I saw was probably in '84 so I had NO IDEA it had come so far but it was, AFTER ALL, A FREAKING MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any asshole who wants to KILL himself because of a MOVIE really should do us ALL a favor and remove himself from the gene pool!

Awesome movie? Really? Ever seen Fern Gully? Same movie, just this time with actors.

Modern youth, depressed over a movie. We should have had that second great depression maybe it would have woke everyone up.

"I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable." Addison

"There are confessable agonies, sufferings of which one can positively be proud. Of bereavement, of parting, of the sense of sin and the fear of death the poets have eloquently spoken. They command the world's sympathy. But there are also discreditable anguishes, no less excruciating than the others, but of which the sufferer dare not, cannot speak. The anguish of thwarted desire, for example." Aldous Huxley

Modern youth, depressed over a movie.

Mind you, certain movies are particularly depressing, for young and old alike. Shoah comes to mind.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QL0Muqnfg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QL0Muqnfg[/ame]

Awesome movie? Really? Ever seen Fern Gully? Same movie, just this time with actors.

Have you SEEN it? In 3-D? It IS awesome the CG is intense and the future tech is very well done the fact that all the control panels are "virtual" woks in very well with the 3-D. I was nearly ducking embers it was THAT good. As I said earlier I haden't seen a 3-D movie since I think it was Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3-D in like '84 so I had NO IDEA that 3-D had come so far and I was VERY impressed. Hate the asshole who wants to kill himself NOT the movie itself. Movies are a form of escapism and Avatar 3-D delivers a couple of hours of COMPLETE immersion in a fun and exciting world of fantasy so what is RONG with that? I suspect it is the STORY which although done countless times is STILL a good story. Perhaps we don't ALWAYS have to destroy things we don't understand. Just sayin don't go all ape shit on me.

Ive seen it. Wasnt that impressed. sure the special effects arent that bad, but its just regurgitated storyline. Nothing really amazing about it.

Forum List

Back