Story - watered down recycled CRAP.

Not at all. Recycled? Yes. It's been done before. But this movie does it just as good as, if not better than, other movies that have done it before.

Like I said, most stories in movies these days are recycled. At least it wasn't another comic book, TV show, sequel, or book-to-movie adaptation.

I was entertained for a few hours. That is all I really want when I go to the movies. You might be emotionally attached to the film? If you are, that's cool. I'm not.

BTW, I think the dialogue was awful too. Here are a few gems:

Seargent Evil : "Keep your heads on a swivel!!"

Evil Corporate guy: "These Pandorans are nothing but blue monkeys!"

Kind and loving liberal soldier who now is killlin humans : "I have guns too, bitches! "

Evil Corporate guy: "The share holders don't care about the Pandorans, they only care about profit."

And in a blatant attempt to slander "W":
Seargant Evil: "Let's give 'em some shock and awe! The only way we can be safe is with a preemptive strike!!"

Seriously, they should have served the movie with a can of corn!!! I've heard better dialogue in a Rocky sequel!! :rofl:

Would you have preferred something more akin to Inglourious Basterds, which was ALL dialog without ever saying a damn thing? I wouldn't.

Besides, we're talking about soldiers. No one asks that they be geniuses.

Would you have preferred something more akin to Inglourious Basterds, which was ALL dialog without ever saying a damn thing? I wouldn't.

Besides, we're talking about soldiers. No one asks that they be geniuses.

Are you saying all soldiers are idiots? Or just the fake hollywood kind?

Just got back, and let me just say this: BEST MOVIE IN A LONG FUCKING TIME.(...)

The best movies of the last years are
- Mel Gibson's Apocalypto
- The Prestige with Hugh Jackman

The Fountain, Jackman too, is also a very good movie. But it is a bit kitschy, nevertheless it documents the story of love very well.

In spite of a somewhat predictable plot, the story keeps you guessing and the graphics are truly stunning. I saw it in 3-D; I want to see it in 'regular' too on the big screen. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Yes, great story, great graphics and they didn't screw up the plot. Great ending. Good love story but not too much.

Can my 1st grader and kindergardener see it? I think they can handle it. They won't be scared by the big creatures. They'll love it. They love dionosaurs.

Can you imagine being able to fly on creatures like the ones in Avitar? It would be great.

Would you move to this place and leave earth? I would. I wish we lived more like that. One with the earth. Greener!!

That top Military/Soldier guy? He did a great job at being the hard ass.

The leading lady was great too. Who is that? She's sexy. I saw her titty's!!!!

Would you bang Sougorney Weaver? I don't think I'd bang her anymore, although she is a handsome cougar. :lol:

I will wait until it comes out on cable, because it looks good. However, I don't want to contribute, financially or in any other way, to environmentalist and anti-US Arm forces propaganda!

Didn't see the 3D version because the projector was broken. I agree with Zander with the plot. Pretty weak and predictable. SFX were pretty good...

Yes, it was predictable. Most plots are. The only director that even tries to make unpredictable plots anymore is M. Night Shyamalan, and he does well with surprising his audience. But unfortunately his movies suck otherwise.

I can't honestly tell you the last time I was surprised with how a movie's plot went. Can you?

I will wait until it comes out on cable, because it looks good. However, I don't want to contribute, financially or in any other way, to environmentalist and anti-US Arm forces propaganda!

And you probably don't want to stop corporations from polluting into our atmosphere if it means cutting into their profits because you have investments in the stock market that might suffer.

And you probably don't see the problem with cutting down the rainforest.

Or Japanese whale hunters probably don't bother you.

Are you feeling guilty about something perhaps? Because I don't think they said they were Americans in Avitar. They were definately corporations being protected by private contractors, ex marines, etc. Or perhaps actual military? I forgot. But they didn't say USA.

I wish the people who came over from England would have assiliated in with the Indians and lived more off the land.

You know half of our forefathers were big on the big industrial complex and the other half wanted America to be a bunch of farmers and small local simple communities all living off the land and all buying locally.

I'd prefer we not go global.

Didn't see the 3D version because the projector was broken. I agree with Zander with the plot. Pretty weak and predictable. SFX were pretty good...

Yes, it was predictable. Most plots are. The only director that even tries to make unpredictable plots anymore is M. Night Shyamalan, and he does well with surprising his audience. But unfortunately his movies suck otherwise.

I can't honestly tell you the last time I was surprised with how a movie's plot went. Can you?

From Dusk Till Dawn when it suddenly turned into a Vampire Movie.

Or Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill. Scenes that are so far out there. In Pulp when the Gimp was in the basement or when that orderly was selling Uma for sex when she was in a coma.

Salma Hayek's sexy snake dance = :eusa_drool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9fDwzY0Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9fDwzY0Y[/ame]

The Crying Game, Usual Suspects, The Sixth Sense (and that was the ONLY one of Shyamalan's plots that was even remotely unpredictable IMO), and The Others (which, to be fair, was similar to The Sixth Sense)....

The Crying Game, Usual Suspects, The Sixth Sense (and that was the ONLY one of Shyamalan's plots that was even remotely unpredictable IMO), and The Others (which, to be fair, was similar to The Sixth Sense)....

And of all of those are great movies, because of those unpredictable twists!

Sixth Sense and Usual Suspects have been the only movies that I can remember off the top of my head where the plot surprised me. The ending of The Departed was also a nice twist.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9fDwzY0Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9fDwzY0Y[/ame]

She's hot as hell!

Quinton is the best if you ask me. I also like the Cohen Brothers. They are crazy so their movies are unpredicable.

Cameron does some pretty damn good movies too. Didn't he produce/direct Aquaman on that Entourage?

She's hot as hell!

Quinton is the best if you ask me. I also like the Cohen Brothers. They are crazy so their movies are unpredicable.

Cameron does some pretty damn good movies too. Didn't he produce/direct Aquaman on that Entourage?

url

Forum List

Back