In spite of a somewhat predictable plot, the story keeps you guessing and the graphics are truly stunning. I saw it in 3-D; I want to see it in 'regular' too on the big screen. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Eh, I will wait for a month and see it on Netlix.

This show HAS to be seen on the big screen. You will not get remotely the same effects on your TV, even a 52" flat-screen.

Story - watered down recycled CRAP.

Not at all. Recycled? Yes. It's been done before. But this movie does it just as good as, if not better than, other movies that have done it before.

Like I said, most stories in movies these days are recycled. At least it wasn't another comic book, TV show, sequel, or book-to-movie adaptation.

I was entertained for a few hours. That is all I really want when I go to the movies. You might be emotionally attached to the film? If you are, that's cool. I'm not.

BTW, I think the dialogue was awful too. Here are a few gems:

Seargent Evil : "Keep your heads on a swivel!!"

Evil Corporate guy: "These Pandorans are nothing but blue monkeys!"

Kind and loving liberal soldier who now is killlin humans : "I have guns too, bitches! "

Evil Corporate guy: "The share holders don't care about the Pandorans, they only care about profit."

And in a blatant attempt to slander "W":
Seargant Evil: "Let's give 'em some shock and awe! The only way we can be safe is with a preemptive strike!!"

Seriously, they should have served the movie with a can of corn!!! I've heard better dialogue in a Rocky sequel!! :rofl:

Yeah, I have to agree. The political thread through the narrative was pretty obvious: Evil white corporate military guys raping the earth for fun and profit at the expense of the noble natives who commune with nature.

I liked the name of the mineral though: "Unobtainium."

Well yeah Pale, there is that. Oh and we can't forget that all it takes is a little planning and you can develope a collar that makes dogs talk! Now wouldn't that be neat!!

Good Lord......It's just a freakin movie! All you had to do was watch every single commercial on TV about it before it hit the theaters and you knew the entire plot. But all of the politicizing of a freakin movie is hilarious to watch. Some of you PLEASE watch the movie "Up" and come back and tell me what kind of message it was supposed to be sending out. Please!!

IGNORING reality is not a good sign. The movie WAS one big piece of propaganda. BUT it is standard fare as a story line for SCI FI, even if the writer had no axe to grind. Just enjoy the movie. It is a GREAT movie.

I watch movies to be entertained. Not turn them into some diabolical plot of the Government. And for a movie that was first written, what was it, 13 years ago, how in the hell do you associate it with what has happened in the past 8 or so. I guess if you go to a movie expecting it to be a propaganda film that's what you'll see. Like I said, I watch movies to be entertained NOT to uncover some Govt. plot.

Good Lord......It's just a freakin movie! All you had to do was watch every single commercial on TV about it before it hit the theaters and you knew the entire plot. But all of the politicizing of a freakin movie is hilarious to watch. Some of you PLEASE watch the movie "Up" and come back and tell me what kind of message it was supposed to be sending out. Please!!

IGNORING reality is not a good sign. The movie WAS one big piece of propaganda. BUT it is standard fare as a story line for SCI FI, even if the writer had no axe to grind. Just enjoy the movie. It is a GREAT movie.

I watch movies to be entertained. Not turn them into some diabolical plot of the Government. And for a movie that was first written, what was it, 13 years ago, how in the hell do you associate it with what has happened in the past 8 or so. I guess if you go to a movie expecting it to be a propaganda film that's what you'll see. Like I said, I watch movies to be entertained NOT to uncover some Govt. plot.

Who said anything about a GOVERNMENT plot? And do you honestly believe that the original script that was written and turned in whenever the hell it was was REALLY the final version that ended up on the screen? Really?! Honey, you are JUST the sort of gullible, useful idiot the left likes.

"This movie reflects that we are living through war. There are boots on the ground, troops who I personally believe were sent there under false pretenses, so I hope this will be part of opening our eyes."

"I don't know if there is a political agenda exactly, but as an artist I felt a need to say something about what I saw around me. I think we all need to take stewardship of our planet."

That's what James Cameron had to say about the movie. Wake up and smell the propaganda.

I saw it in IMAX 3D

It was alot of fun. Who cares about the secret messages. It was good vs evil its been done a hundred times. Propaganda? No decent western doesn't relate to the struggle of the Indians against the power and greed of the white man, this was no different.

Greatest movie of all time? No
Good way to spend an evening? Hell yes

Forum List

Back