AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
In spite of a somewhat predictable plot, the story keeps you guessing and the graphics are truly stunning. I saw it in 3-D; I want to see it in 'regular' too on the big screen. Definitely worth the price of admission.

How many bong hits would you give it AJoe?

Actually.....

I'm glad I saw it straight as an arrow at 11:30 in the morning after a good nights sleep.​

There are a lot of subtile nuances in the graphics and in the story. Some things are best relished in full humanity.

Actually.....

I'm glad I saw it straight as an arrow at 11:30 in the morning after a good nights sleep.​

There are a lot of subtile nuances in the graphics and in the story. Some things are best relished in full humanity.

I just took it as a bad sign that my 14 year old doesn't even want to see it. She says (from the commercials we've seen for it) that it looks, "Stupid and Trite"

But if you say it's good.................I'll take your word for it!

Actually.....

I just took it as a bad sign that my 14 year old doesn't even want to see it. She says (from the commercials we've seen for it) that it looks, "Stupid and Trite"

But if you say it's good.................I'll take your word for it!

'Stupid' and 'trite', it aint... Mini EZ will most likely see it eventually - if peer pressure is anything today like it was when I was 14. Maybe she just doesn't want to be seen in public with mom.

Teenagers! Can't take 'em anywhere - can't shoot them!

If James Cameron did it it's good.

Of course it is.

And there's already Oscar buzz about it.

I watch Avatar on tv now and then, we have a DVD. The kids like it in an abstract way, it's visually captivating, of course.

I want to see the movie on the big screen.

I've been wondering whether it was worth the hype.

If you say it was worth it, I'll take the wife to see it in IMAX 3D

I watch Avatar on tv now and then, we have a DVD. The kids like it in an abstract way, it's visually captivating, of course.

You realize the Avatar you watch on TV and this movie by James Cameron are completely unrelated? They ARE making an Avatar: The Last Airbender movie, but this one ain't it.

I have tickets to see it at 6:50 tonight in 3D. I'm pretty stoked.

I've been wondering whether it was worth the hype.

If you say it was worth it, I'll take the wife to see it in IMAX 3D

I was going to see it in IMAX, but from what I have heard, Dolby Digital 3D is better. IMAX has a bigger screen, but the clarity of the picture is better on Dolby Digital, especially in new theaters. IMAX probably has better sound, too. Other than that, I don't think the price of an IMAX ticket is worth it, especially when the nearest IMAX to me is 2 hours away.

You realize the Avatar you watch on TV and this movie by James Cameron are completely unrelated? They ARE making an Avatar: The Last Airbender movie, but this one ain't it.

I watched the trailer. It's not straight-across, and I get that "Avatar" is referring to his "avatar" but the characters look the same, the animals are similar, I think even the planet name is the same.

M. Night What's his name is doing the Airbender movie.

Far out.

I think this one will be better.

I watched the trailer. It's not straight-across, and I get that "Avatar" is referring to his "avatar" but the characters look the same, the animals are similar, I think even the planet name is the same.

Errr...how do the characters look the same? The Last Airbender has Asian characters, and Avatar stars American marines and aliens.

Anyway, I assure you, they are not at all similar.

Here's the show you are looking for:
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4008247833/

Errr...how do the characters look the same? The Last Airbender has Asian characters, and Avatar stars American marines and aliens.

Anyway, I assure you, they are not at all similar.

Here's the show you are looking for:
IMDb Video: The Last Airbender -- U.S. Teaser Trailer

I take it back. I watched a special on Avatar today.

Forum List

Back